Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Katrien Meire leaves Sheffield wednesday

Comments

• Options
    Basically a young retarded female David Brent.

Simply just not appropriate for a job like this. 

It's obviously mostly Roland's fault for giving her the job in the 1st place.

Just a mess.

Roland is kind of like the magnet of lost souls.

"Come and work for me...I will make you feel better then what you actually are...and you will eventually have to pay the price for it!"

• Options
    edited December 2020
    She was found out the first day she arrived at the club and I know she got Powell’s back up in their first meeting, great introduction! She won’t ever work in English football again and good riddance. I wish her nothing but karma, sweet, sweet karma.
  • Options
    I'm not bothered where she works

She was an awful CEO for us, but that doesn't mean that she'll be terrible at every job she does or that I want her to be a failure elsewhere either.
    Well I want her to be a failure wherever she goes and I'm getting my wish so far. 

She will run out of mugs soon if there is any justice in this world. 

Unfortunately being very well paid for it.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    wtf is it with lawyers?
    go and do some fucking lawyering for a change.
    CEO this , Non Executive Director that, what a load of bollocks. All you are qualified to do is to advise on legal stuff. Absolutely nothing else. 
    Same thing as accountants running businesses.
    wtf is all that about?
    All you are qualified to do us to quote the figures.
    Once you have done that you can leave the meeting.
    Absolute bullshit.

It would appear that you have a very narrow definition of what a "lawyer" or an "accountant" actually is or does.
    I believe a lawyer practises law and an accountant compiles accounts.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    wtf is it with lawyers?
    CEO this , Non Executive Director that, what a load of bollocks. All you are qualified to do is to advise on legal stuff. Absolutely nothing else. 
    wtf is all that about?
    Absolute bullshit.

It would appear that you have a very narrow definition of what a "lawyer" or an "accountant" actually is or does.
    As I said .....
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    wtf is it with lawyers?
    wtf is all that about?
    Absolute bullshit.

As I said .....

I will allow these people to advise, where necessary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OR... was it just us?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Off_it said:
    wtf is it with lawyers?
    wtf is all that about?
    Absolute bullshit.

No an "accountant" is a person on hire to reduce accountability for the well-off.  A "lawyer" submits "accounts".
  • Options
    From what I’ve been told since, Kate instigated the @Tom of Se9 involvement but the final call was with the target of my ridiculing. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    She made a shite cup of tea as well.
    If Roland put the kettle on...

I'd run
  • Options
    On the plus side I’ve been dbs checked every year for the last 5 years and it’s absolutely the case that admitting to whatever it was (suggesting Tony Keohane should be bundled into a van, stripped naked and tarred abs feathered I believe ?don’t worry Tony, it was a joke)) does not come up on the DBS checks. Neither would have the unsuccessful court cases.

Katrien was, and probably still is, terribly out of her depth and certainly cost the club and probably Duchatelet many millions of pounds through botched contract negotiations, relegation, alienating the fan base and requiring significant additional security and police presence at protests etc.

I also hope she continues to fail but fear she may continue to get lucrative roles for doing a very poor job. 
    If the squirrel worried so much for her safety, wtf did she travel 2nd class on trains WITHOUT security?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the plus side I’ve been dbs checked every year for the last 5 years and it’s absolutely the case that admitting to whatever it was (suggesting Tony Keohane should be bundled into a van, stripped naked and tarred abs feathered I believe ?don’t worry Tony, it was a joke)) does not come up on the DBS checks. Neither would have the unsuccessful court cases.

Katrien was, and probably still is, terribly out of her depth and certainly cost the club and probably Duchatelet many millions of pounds through botched contract negotiations, relegation, alienating the fan base and requiring significant additional security and police presence at protests etc.

I also hope she continues to fail but fear she may continue to get lucrative roles for doing a very poor job. 
    If the squirrel worried so much for her safety, wtf did she travel 2nd class on trains WITHOUT security?!
    So that she could play the victim at any opportunity
  • Options
    Installing her toyboy as de facto Director of Football probably the funniest thing she did
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Installing her toyboy as de facto Director of Football probably the funniest thing she did
    Wasn’t that Roland’s decision?
  • Options

Meire trained in the University of Leuven and later in Paris at the Rene Descartes and finally at UCL as a lawyer in the field of EU competition law.

Her professor at the KU Leuven stated that she could have had a stellar career in Brussels as an EU lawyer.

The extract below is from a blog on EU competition law by Alfonso Lamadrid a Spanish non-governmental advisor to the EU International Competition Network in Brussels.  It is unclear in the translation whether the sentiments expressed on competition law are those of Meire herself or Lamadrid but…...........!T

The piece was written shortly after Meire’s arrival at Charlton.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extract from Lamadrid blog……….

A young lawyer who supported Sint-Truiden, Katrien Meire, offered him (Roland Duchatelet) help dealing with TV rights, and the two kept in touch. He gave her a job at Standard Liège, and she helped him with the purchase of Charlton.

Legal and International Relations Manager

Standard de Liège

September 2013 – September 2014 (1 year 1 month)

Many people love to discuss whether competition law is, or should be, about consumer welfare. Not me. I have never understood people’s mystical fascination with this question. In my view, it is essentially a distraction that is – most of the time – boring and irrelevant. The vast majority of cases can be decided without resorting to consumer welfare considerations. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is significant is the role played by the consumer/customer in the greater scheme of things.  You will perceive that the ‘rights’ of the consumer are considered of no importance whatsoever – they are just a resource to be exploited with no voice and certainly no expectation that they should be part of the ‘decision-making process. Just there, literally, to consume the ‘product’ on a we know what is best for you policy.

This surely underlay Meire’s catastrophic misunderstanding of what it is to be a football fan. It is why she mistakenly believed that when fans referred to the Club in familial terms such as ‘we and ‘us’ that this conveyed a literal sense of involvement at a commercial and senior administrative level  – “They feel a sense of ownership of the Club” she squeaked indignantly. That, rather than the more obvious and straightforward connotation derived from the use of the words ‘we’ and ‘us’ when referring to Charlton Athletic – one which springs from the emotional, often life-long, and unbreakable bond which ties the fan to their Club

• Options
    I can talk a good game, but i can't play one!
  • Options
    Agree so many of the above comments. Why Roland appointed her only he knows but it has cost him millions. She was arrogant and had no idea , or did not care, for the basics. To alienate the fan base is the one error you cannot recover from. Her decision making was awful.
    Roland became the obvious destroyer of the club, but had he appointed a competent CEO things could have been different. 
  • Options
    Agree so many of the above comments. Why Roland appointed her only he knows but it has cost him millions. She was arrogant and had no idea , or did not care, for the basics. To alienate the fan base is the one error you cannot recover from. Her decision making was awful.
    Roland became the obvious destroyer of the club, but had he appointed a competent CEO things could have been different. 
    I have posted many times, Dushitelet spent a lot of dough.  Unfortunately not wisely, otherwise he very easily could have made things a success.