Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

It is incredible we are still waiting. He is the important cog to get everything else moving in the right direction. This has to be done now! Even an idiot like Roland must be able to see that surely!

Comments

• It is incredible we are still waiting. He is the important cog to get everything else moving in the right direction. This has to be done now! Even an idiot like Roland must be able to see that surely!
    Why? Because Duchatelet wants him on the cheap I imagine.
    Anything else would disturb his football model.
    I am sure he would have no qualms appointing a Nobby Vinegar if Bowyer's agent tries to introduce a dose of reality
  • Because Roland only cares about hurting the fans 
  • It is incredible we are still waiting. He is the important cog to get everything else moving in the right direction. This has to be done now! Even an idiot like Roland must be able to see that surely!
    For any reasonably run club it would be incredible. For a club run by Roland it is to be expected. Roland is on record bemoaning the losses to be made running a Championship club. It is likely that he will expect Bowyer to take a salary cut. I am not joking either!

• Thought he said he was going on holiday
  • Bowyer suggested before the game that the owner said they would meet very soon after the game. Is Duchatalet too busy?
  • I think he also suggested that no such meeting then took place.
  • bowyer and the boys are having a summer break i expect nothing much to happen bar loans returning for next couple of weeks. 
  • They already have had talks that were not concluded so Roland will know what Bowyer wants. He needs to ring him and tell him that contract is waiting for him to sign when he gets back!
  • Sponsored links:

Busy back in the south of France with his fishing lake.
  • edited May 2019
    Bowyer suggested before the game that the owner said they would meet very soon after the game. Is Duchatalet too busy?
    If he couldn't be bothered to attend the final (and no i don't buy the 'i fear for my safety' bollocks), then what makes anyone think he'd fly over to meet with Bowyer?

He'll likely leave it to LdT to discuss once Bowyer is back from holiday.
  • According to this interview after the final, they are speaking this week.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/lee-bowyer-expecting-contract-call-but-his-mobile-is-off-tonight-as-he-celebrates-charlton-athletic-promotion/

“I spoke to the owner yesterday, he rang me to wish us luck for today,” said Bowyer. “And then he said we would speak very soon – after the weekend… as my phone will be off tonight.

“But I’m sure he’ll probably call me over the next couple of days, I’ve no doubt.

• The stupid thing was not resolving this a month ago during the normal season. If Bowyer was due to take a holiday right after the playoffs (which makes sense) then realistically nothing will get signed until he gets back

One hopes that that he at least spoke to Roland and LVT before going off...
  • G. RD has seen an improvement in performance by not replacing the CEO and thinks he can replicate the same for our manager. Players are all adults and should be able to look after themselves.
  • My gut feeling is that Bowyer has his new contract and it’ll all be announced when he comes back off his holiday
  • Does Bowyer have an agent who can take care of any negotiations whilst he's on holiday?
  • Q.Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?
    A. Because RD is an utter twat.
  • edited May 2019
    Redhenry said:
    Thought he said he was going on holiday
    I wouldn't imagine that Bowyer is going to the rain Forest of Brazil, more likely some where you can do some fishing.
    Lee Bowyer has an agent or representative who can pass on to him the terms of the new improved contract which IF Duchatelet is serious about selling then the next incumbent would pay and Roland can walk away thinking he is still a great owner who was misunderstood.

I always felt the only chance of him selling and getting near to the 60m was not by boycotting but the complete opposite which we have just witnessed by selling out the valley and getting 40 thousand with a Cafc link to Wembley and getting promoted.

We were the same size club as Leicester with similar crowds when Jamie Vardy signed for the foxes and we beat them at the valley. Under Bowyer we could be again if only a new owner/consortium can see that potential and rescue us from the shitweasel
  • When exactly does (has) Bowyers contract expire ? I’m guessing that it already has. The season is over. There is no requirement for it to run until the end of June like it does with the players. I’m sure Lee is completely committed but let’s hope this doesn’t drag on for more than another two weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• When exactly does (has) Bowyers contract expire ? I’m guessing that it already has. The season is over. There is no requirement for it to run until the end of June like it does with the players. I’m sure Lee is completely committed but let’s hope this doesn’t drag on for more than another two weeks.
    I think he said June in one of the interviews I saw.
  • Bowyer will sign unless he's given a derisory offer. He won't walk away from the journey he has started. Everyone needs to chill. 
    That’s how I see it too. I believe we are ok on the management/coaching side ... it’s the squad that’s the problem 
  • One has to come before the other. It is natural we want the first piece in place now. Most clubs are well into their planning for the season ahead. Of course, our primary objective has to be to sign up as many of the key players from this squad as possible. But Bowyer needs signing up first - that sends a message to those players.

Taylor has already gone on record to say there would be a revolt if Bowyer isn't kept on. He shouldn't have needed to say that, but the fact he did suggests there is a possibility he won't be signed on, even if it is a remote one. 
  • Bowyer will sign unless he's given a derisory offer. He won't walk away from the journey he has started. Everyone needs to chill. 
    The problem is that with RD in charge, we cannot rule out the very real possibility that he will be given a derisory offer!

Any other club would've had him signed up to a new and improved deal months ago.
  • I suspect Bow might be on holiday , but only this week.  I hope we might hear something next week 
  • I think we are very lucky that Bielsa at Leeds has been persuaded to remain at Elland Road for another season. If there had been a vacancy at Leeds right now I would be very concerned. Bowyers stock is on the rise and is highly thought of by Leeds supporters. I’m sure that Leeds are a club that could turn Lees head. 
    Absolutely. He spent longer at Leeds than any club in his career, so i think if Leeds had come calling, he'd have been off. 

There's no real comparison between us and them in terms of resources, stadium, fan base etc.
  • If Bowyer had signed a contract with Charlton already, it would signal that RD intends to keep hold of the club.  The fact he hasn't - yet - signed a deal tells me Roland is still planning to have sold sooner rather than later; because it makes more sense to sell a club where the new owner can establish his own relationship with the senior staff.  

That's the straw I am clinging to, at least. 
  • What new owner wouldn't want Bowyer? Having him signed up would be a positive factor.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!