Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• Options
    If no one comes in and buys us in two weeks Bowyer will walk---- I can't see anyone buying us in two weeks ---- the Aussies might not have gone but they ain't moving in anyway fast enough to ensure Bowyer stays

even if they informed him in private things were moving ,would you risk your whole future on RD and the Aussies completing a deal?

felt it would be a disaster if the Rat was in charge at the start of next season but FFS taking on the Championship with kids and cheap freebies is mega road crash
  • Options
    If the Aussies are anywhere near as close as being reported, they need to tap Bowyer up asap as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is the key to the Prem for Charlton and he's on the verge of becoming a Club legend and I think He himself knows it too
    I can see it now . “ Don’t worry Lee . We will take you on as manager when we take over “ “Not sure what year it will be but the job is yours “ 
  • Options
    Nth London Addick,you are spot on ,I have thought this for a long time.When you are getting on a bit,are very rich,you have to find a way of enjoying youself,this is his.
  • Options
    The man has mental health issues.....the older he gets the more apparent they will become.
  • Options
    If the Aussies are anywhere near as close as being reported, they need to tap Bowyer up asap as far as I'm concerned. The bloke is the key to the Prem for Charlton and he's on the verge of becoming a Club legend and I think He himself knows it too
    I can see it now . “ Don’t worry Lee . We will take you on as manager when we take over “ “Not sure what year it will be but the job is yours “ 
    That's why I said if they're as close as being reported. People are jumping the gun regarding him leaving without any evidence accept the obvious assumptions in local papers, I'm just doing the same the other way round
  • Options
    The man has mental health issues.....the older he gets the more apparent they will become.
    He's just a bitter individual who hates to be proved wrong. He has the money to indulge his fantasies.
  • Options
    I've noticed a couple of people saying that if LB goes then JJ will take over but as they are all out of contract i think Bowyer will be looking to take his team with him 
  • Options
    That's why I said if they're as close as being reported. People are jumping the gun regarding him leaving without any evidence accept the obvious assumptions in local papers, I'm just doing the same the other way round
    I agree . There’s lot of jumping the gun and panicking but you can understand why really.
  • Options
    I've noticed a couple of people saying that if LB goes then JJ will take over but as they are all out of contract i think Bowyer will be looking to take his team with him 
    Probably be Euell then. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Probably be Euell then. 
    Really? I thought he'd turned it down before as he was more happy working with the Development squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While it might still go wrong, I think it's a good thing for all parties that there is a firm deadline to resolve his contract situation, as until this happens the club is in complete limbo
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Talal said:
    Probably be Euell then. 
    Really? I thought he'd turned it down before as he was more happy working with the Development squad.
    Don't know, he's just the next logical choice after JJ. Though I realise logical + RD = oxymoron. 
  • Options
    The whole thing drives me insane.  Duchatelet's parsimony knows no bounds.  He has spunked £70m+ on Charlton and yet the thought of coughing up an extra £50k - £100K to reward Bowyer's success is too much for the old buzzard.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when he won't even pay the bonuses promised to Charlton staff.  Doesn't matter how good you are at your job, Duchatelet doesn't appreciate it.  Nobody matters and anybody can be replaced.
  • Options
    If there's one thing Bow has demonstrated over the past months it's pride - in both the team and himself. Roland will offer him (and others) a derisory contract and he will walk. As others (including me) have mentioned, the Rat doesn't care what division we are playing in HE IS NOT A FAN. Until the club is sold he will just continue to pay the necessary bills to keep us going. If anyone thinks differently the are deluding themselves.  
  • Options
    Talal said:
    RedChaser said:
    Talal said:
    Probably be Euell then. 
    Don't know, he's just the next logical choice after JJ. Though I realise logical + RD = oxymoron. 
    Fair enough, I wouldn't put it past him to appoint Pearce as player manager
  • Options
    If the old idiot doesn't appoint LB, because he doesn't want to pay him anywhere near the going rate, then we can say goodbye to having another British manager.

• Options
    Don't forget that Taylor warned a few weeks ago that if Bowyer wasn't kept on there would be a revolt! 
  • Options
    Don't forget that Taylor warned a few weeks ago that if Bowyer wasn't kept on there would be a revolt! 
    He is a hero to us but just an employee to the Douchbag and will have to do as he's told or won't get paid. What form do you see this revolt taking then that will affect the mad owner?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Why don't you ask Taylor? He said it, not me. I am just reminding people what he said.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Why don't you ask Taylor? He said it, not me. I am just reminding people what he said.
    He might have said it and I understand the sentiment but any action the players may take will only be to their detriment as well as ours if for example they down tools and we end up with sanctions from the EFL.
  • Options
    My take on it is that the spirit in the camp was a major factor in our success last season. Players commented on it all the time. That would be likely to go up the Swannee wouldn't it? What else would happen would be down to the players!  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Missed It said:
    The whole thing drives me insane.  Duchatelet's parsimony knows no bounds.  He has spunked £70m+ on Charlton and yet the thought of coughing up an extra £50k - £100K to reward Bowyer's success is too much for the old buzzard.  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when he won't even pay the bonuses promised to Charlton staff.  Doesn't matter how good you are at your job, Duchatelet doesn't appreciate it.  Nobody matters and anybody can be replaced.
    Or bad, eh Katrien?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    He is a hero to us but just an employee to the Douchbag and will have to do as he's told or won't get paid. What form do you see this revolt taking then that will affect the mad owner?
    Not an employee, an asset and one of the few left worth cashing out.  Trouble means transfer.
  • Options
    Don't think players would down tools - they'd just move on!
  • Options
    Don't think players would down tools - they'd just move on!
    Possibly and Douchbag would cash in where he could but those actions won't help our cause at all, we the long suffering fans would be the collateral damage from any such 'revolt'. :disappointed:.
  • Options
    A manager leads a club to promotion before being released in the subsequent summer... Surely this has never happened in any other club?! :angry:
    Riga kept us up then Roland got rid...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    If Bowyer walks and the Aussies complete the takeover a month or so later, it's going to reflect too well on them in my opinion.

Doesn't seem to be any urgency from anyone.Who'd urgently give Roland an extra £7M he doesn't deserve?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Probably be Euell then. 
    The last time Euell stepped in to the first team setup he wasn't paid appropriately either, and stepped back the U23's.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!