Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• Sid James was a Saffer
  • Grant Basey to make the step up to management next?
    Will have to get a bigger dug out first.
  • What I do not understand is, if we are close to a takeover, RD could offer Bowyer anything as a contract because he will not be paying it
  • ross1 said:
    What I do not understand is, if we are close to a takeover, RD could offer Bowyer anything as a contract because he will not be paying it
    I know it's stating the obvious @ross1 but the takeover deal will only be done when the ink is dry on the sale agreement and transfer forms which is why I think the Rat is stringing it out.
  • 36 hours left to sort this crazy situation, tick tock
  • Bilic in at West Brom.
  • Who is expecting it to be sorted? Seriously, who is? With our twat of an owner,,,,,,,, Really?
  • Who is expecting it to be sorted? Seriously, who is? With our twat of an owner,,,,,,,, Really?

I have serious concerns now. Next season will be bleak if he doesn't sign. Let's hope the academy boys are ready.
  • Sponsored links:

• 35 hours tick tock
  • If he is discussing this with LdT, it will have to be today as LdT does not work in Charlton on Friday
  • If Bowyer was going to sign, he would have signed by now.
  • se9addick said:
    If Bowyer was going to sign, he would have signed by now.
    But if Lee wasnt going to sign then we'd surely have another man confirmed at the very least... Appointing Managers quickly is the one thing that Roland doesnt hang about over
  • edited June 2019
    When I started this thread a few days after Wembley, some suggested it was far too early. But I do wonder why we are so quick to forget what a CNUT our owner is. It is like the takeover thread - the CNUT wants too much for the club - a figure that comes from his confused sense of reality. So you get a story like the other day and everybody gets excited and forgets about the CNUT. The reason this thread was very relevant when it first appeared is because we know what our owner is and should never forget it, even for a few minutes.

If this goes how I expect it too, I think all bets might be off in relation to what happens next. 
  • se9addick said:
    But if Lee wasnt going to sign then we'd surely have another man confirmed at the very least... Appointing Managers quickly is the one thing that Roland doesnt hang about over
    Bowyer is contracted until June 30th. RD will make him work every last minute and then will wait until August to appoint a new man, so he doesn't waste a months wages.
  • se9addick said:
    Bowyer is contracted until June 30th. RD will make him work every last minute and then will wait until August to appoint a new man, so he doesn't waste a months wages.
    Maybe, he's wondering if we need a manager.
    Surely the players can sort it out amongst themselves ?
  • I have won a cup as a manager last season, given Roland's track record I might have a chance if I'm cheap enough! Ok it was U-18 football in the Mid Herts Rural League but probably not too far off Fraeye's level! I haven't got access to a laundry van but I'm sure I can get a van for quick get aways! 

It probably won't be sorted by tomorrow but then again no announcement will come that he has left will come either by then. It will run further than tomorrow.
  • se9addick said:
    You say that in jest, but....
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    You say that in jest, but....
    I wouldn't put it past him. 
  • Could be that the first we know will be when Lee Bowyer (or his new club) announce it. Roland will then come out with the usual bullshit "Lee Bowyer ...couldn't agree to a new contract... desperately sorry to see him go...thank him for all his hard work...wish him well for the future..." blah, blah, blah.
  • I'd so love that to be true, but we have had so many false dawns I can't believe it until it happens.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

From inside which club, Cardiff or Charlton?
  • se9addick said:
    I don't think he's got anything to sign yet!
  • addick05 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Haven't read last few pages or been on this morning but just had a bulletin. We are nearly there I think - Bowyers and many others contracts will follow on from the takeover which I believe is at a very advanced stage with the ex Cardiff chairman - verified from inside the club. Watch this space.

From inside which club, Cardiff or Charlton?
    Groucho
  • edited June 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    I so want this to be true but after so many false dawns......................................... 

It's the hope that kills you.  :'(
  • Don't bother hoping - it isn't true.
  • Don't bother hoping - it isn't true.
    I have no idea, but my instinct is that it is true. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!