Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Talal said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Why not sort it today then :)
    That I cant answer as we all know what RD is like
    Exactly, which is why I don't know how anyone can say for sure it'll be sorted tomorrow (not meant as a dig at you). 
    His a pretty important cog in the wheel the person that told me
    Tea lady/man ?
    Do you think the tea lady/man was given a sweetener to talk, and do they know how much Lee will urn with this new contract.
    We know that Lee's not bothered about the cup, but it will really take the biscuit if Duchatelet can't offer Bowyer a new wagon wheel. In @Fanny Fanackapan we trust.
    There must be something brewing or else we are toast for next season. I'm not stirring but can you read tea leaves fanny ?
  • Options
    Might be completely wrong but sounds like RD wanted this to be the new owner/Dalmat’s problem, that’s why it’s dragged on.
    Is his getting involved now a sign the takeover is dead?
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Talal said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Exactly, which is why I don't know how anyone can say for sure it'll be sorted tomorrow (not meant as a dig at you). 
    Tea lady/man ?
    Do you think the tea lady/man was given a sweetener to talk, and do they know how much Lee will urn with this new contract.
    We know that Lee's not bothered about the cup, but it will really take the biscuit if Duchatelet can't offer Bowyer a new wagon wheel. In @Fanny Fanackapan we trust.
    There must be something brewing or else we are toast for next season. I'm not stirring but can you read tea leaves fanny ?

No tea leaves, I'm afraid.

Just saggy old bags, like me ! 

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Tell him to poke it Bowyer. 
    He should of been on the blower the bank holiday Monday asking you how much do you want.
    100%
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Talal said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    He’s.........language Timothy!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Might be completely wrong but sounds like RD wanted this to be the new owner/Dalmat’s problem, that’s why it’s dragged on.
    Is his getting involved now a sign the takeover is dead?
    I doubt it. It means that Duchatelet is a disaster of an owner. Like we should need reminding of that fact!
  • Options
    Perhaps Roland has introduced a cycle to work scheme, which has clinched the deal with Bowyer.

Realising the tremendous tax and national insurance savings he will get, Bowyer could not contain his excitement. He rushed off to Halfords and used the vouchers to buy his son a bike, doesnt matter that it's not his birthday or Christmas. The tax man will never know that Bowyer senior is not actually using the bike to cycle to work.

Today Bowyer will return to the table, apologise for leaving so hastily yesterday to go to Halfords, and put pen to paper.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    let's try to look on the bright side. Roland has owned us for quite a while so can somebody remind us of an intervention by him that was positive? I can't but some must do as they think him getting involved directly with Bowyer's contract is a good development. I would love some re-assurance. I don't think we can count positive things that have happened due to his lack of interest in us!
  • Options
    D day today Roland going to show us what a good business man he is and sort out bowyers contract and proving it’s someone else’s fault for not getting it sorted before. Making us all love him again.if not we’re fucked next season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Thousands of questions have raced through my mind since yesterday's encounter.
    In reality just meeting the man in person and shaking his hand and tapping his shoulder was a dream in itself.
  • Options
    D day today Roland going to show us what a good business man he is and sort out bowyers contract and proving it’s someone else’s fault for not getting it sorted before. Making us all love him again.if not we’re fucked next season. 
    I actually don’t think we’ll hear much today.
  • Options
    The sad thing is, you don't even have to be that much of a good business man. You have to identify the importance of Bowyer to everybody, including yourself going forwards and accept he is going to cost a bit more than you had hoped for because his stock has risen and you missed your chance to get him cheaper.
  • Options
    The sad thing is, you don't even have to be that much of a good business man. You have to identify the importance of Bowyer to everybody, including yourself going forwards and accept he is going to cost a bit more than you had hoped for because his stock has risen and you missed your chance to get him cheaper.
    I would guess Bowyer will still be cheaper than any *sensible* alternative. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I doubt there is a sensible alternative on Roland's list. The clue is in the word 'sensible'. Forget about football for a minute, Bowyer is important to keep a lid on things potentially getting really nasty for the old scroat.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I actually don’t think we’ll hear much today.
    I can imagine the whole thing just trailing out tbh
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    se9addick said:
    I would guess Bowyer will still be cheaper than any *sensible* alternative. 

The Helmet doesn’t do sensible alternatives!  
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I agree - it will all be part of it. I'm sure Bowyer is realistic but will know what he needs to make a decent fist of things. If it does get signed, and I am now thinking that is unlikely, it might be a big positive for next season for the reason you give.

In terms of things getting nasty - I don't know if you are right there. The best thing from Roland's perspective is not to test how bad it can get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I doubt there is a sensible alternative on Roland's list. The clue is in the word 'sensible'. Forget about football for a minute, Bowyer is important to keep a lid on things potentially getting really nasty for the old scroat.
    But I doubt the issue for Bowyer is just his contract (although clearly that’s very important) but also the budget that will be made available. If we are just going to be nailed on for relegation because Duchatelet won’t provide funds to make us competitive  then Bowyer would be better off leaving now while his stock is at an all time high. 

I can’t see Duchatelet giving LB both the contract and the budget that he wants and I really don’t think Duchatelet cares if things get “really nasty” - whatever we come up with won’t be a patch on what Standard Liege did.
    But then Bowyer might also be conscious of the likelihood of a takeover. If that happens (ha ha) in the next few weeks, then his budget would be increased and the job potentially more attractive
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    But I doubt the issue for Bowyer is just his contract (although clearly that’s very important) but also the budget that will be made available. If we are just going to be nailed on for relegation because Duchatelet won’t provide funds to make us competitive  then Bowyer would be better off leaving now while his stock is at an all time high. 

I can’t see Duchatelet giving LB both the contract and the budget that he wants and I really don’t think Duchatelet cares if things get “really nasty” - whatever we come up with won’t be a patch on what Standard Liege did.
    But then Bowyer might also be conscious of the likelihood of a takeover. If that happens (ha ha) in the next few weeks, then his budget would be increased and the job potentially more attractive
    We’ve been talking about a takeover for - literally - years. If Bowyer has a chance to go to another team at this level which will assure him of a decent budget and a decent contract then he should take it rather than gamble that it might eventually happen here.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

We’ve been talking about a takeover for - literally - years. If Bowyer has a chance to go to another team at this level which will assure him of a decent budget and a decent contract then he should take it rather than gamble that it might eventually happen here.
    It is a tricky one for Lee. As much as i want him to stay i could understand him getting frustrated and walking. He has matured and comes across well in interviews he is even quite complimentary about Roland. However i bet he is still hot headed and could quite easy loose his shit and go back to fishing
  • Options
    This is the point - LDT will know how far Roland is willing to go and clearly it is not as far as Bowyer wants him to go. Now, Roland may go into this willing to go a yard or two further, but more likely knowing what we know, he thinks LDT probably didn't explain things as well as he can. And we all know how well he explains things don't we?

I am sure Roland wasn't always a complete lunatic, but he is now. How much evidence do we need? I would say the chances of keeping Bowyer have lessened after this development. 
    This is likely to be the most frustrating, draining and puzzling meeting of Lee's life. 
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    This is the point - LDT will know how far Roland is willing to go and clearly it is not as far as Bowyer wants him to go. Now, Roland may go into this willing to go a yard or two further, but more likely knowing what we know, he thinks LDT probably didn't explain things as well as he can. And we all know how well he explains things don't we?

I am sure Roland wasn't always a complete lunatic, but he is now. How much evidence do we need? I would say the chances of keeping Bowyer have lessened after this development. 
    This is likely to be the most frustrating, draining and puzzling meeting of Lee's life. 
    At Leeds the Chairman at the time was Peter Ridsdale who even trebled the tea ladies wages when he took over. Lee Bowyer is used to a Chairman saying Yes to his Demands not Huh.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

At Leeds the Chairman at the time was Peter Ridsdale who even trebled the tea ladies wages when he took over. Lee Bowyer is used to a Chairman saying Yes to his Demands not Huh.
    That was after he left Charlton for a better opportunity last time round !
  • Options
    Well still no news can’t see it happening now so the Belgium cunt has fucked us over again. He’ll be laughing at us having his Belgium beer tonight what a arsehole 
  • Options
    It’ll be bowyer being greedy I bet.
  • Options
    To be honest, I was expecting a message confirming the talks had broken down by now!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!