Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• Options
    I'm just not buying this talk of a bottom half L1 salary though to be honest. Just doesn't ring true to me and suspect there is exagerration going on there.
    Would he know what other managers were getting?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I'm just not buying this talk of a bottom half L1 salary though to be honest. Just doesn't ring true to me and suspect there is exagerration going on there.
    He'd have a pretty good idea from friends and agents.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I think it is nothing more sinister than the deadly combination of Roland not being the full ticket and being a cheapskate more than anything to do with revenge. Roland will have no idea of the good fortune he has just experienced in getting Bowyer and probably thinks he will find another one if he goes. Of course he would prefer him to stay, but the situation is almost certainly completely lost on him.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    That’s one of the reasons players and managers have agents, they can make sure they’re being paid fairly.
  • Options
    Who will rid me of this turbulent priest!
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    I don’t get any of this.

If LB is being offered a bottom half L1 salary, what on earth was he on last season?

Bonne is pictured shaking hands with LB last Tuesday, surely the player would’ve wanted some assurances about the managerial position/takeover before he signed.

Why would Duchatelet authorise a LB/Gallen signing involving a fee if he knew there was little chance of LB accepting a new contract?
    Or to look at it another way, a guy who has spent his last 2 seasons playing non league probably jumped at the chance to sign a 3 year deal for a championship side regardless of who was manager.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Somebody listened to the last bloke who said that! Be careful, we shouldn't wish harm on the mentally ill!
  • Options
    Well if Bowyer is on £100Kpa, that sounds like bottom half L1.
    If RD is trying to roll it over without an increase or with a small increase, it's possible.
  • Options
    Prick.

Not you soundAsa£
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soon as buear and Aribo know bowyer ain’t staying they will be off. They’ll only stay if bowyer dies and even then they might still go.such a shambles 
  • Options
    This takeover needs to happen asap. 

If the takeover is that near, why is the Helmet involved with Bowyer and offering him a derisory contract? Tells you all you need to know I think; he (the Helmet) is going to be running things (into the ground) come August.

By December we'll be struggling and playing to lower gates so he will sell Lyle - and anyone else decent who is still with the club - in January to balance the books.

• Options
    Macronate said:
    I don’t get any of this.

If LB is being offered a bottom half L1 salary, what on earth was he on last season?

Bonne is pictured shaking hands with LB last Tuesday, surely the player would’ve wanted some assurances about the managerial position/takeover before he signed.

Why would Duchatelet authorise a LB/Gallen signing involving a fee if he knew there was little chance of LB accepting a new contract?
    Or to look at it another way, a guy who has spent his last 2 seasons playing non league probably jumped at the chance to sign a 3 year deal for a championship side regardless of who was manager.
    Maybe, but there’s no guarantee that any new manager would fancy Bonne as a player and therefore, might not play him. I just think the player/his agent would’ve wanted some assurances because if LB goes, I firmly believe we’re in the shit (if we’re not already with our clown of an owner).
  • Options
    Soon as buear and Aribo know bowyer ain’t staying they will be off. They’ll only stay if bowyer dies and even then they might still go.such a shambles 
    Jeez that's a bit harsh on Bowyer... think I'd prefer he lives, stays and they go TBH. 
  • Options
    Ha ha sorry predicted text 
  • Options
    We are fucked
  • Options
    Looks like  a job for Jonathan Acworth!
  • Options
    and that reads like it's been written by the chief clown himself
  • Options
    Anybody on here who wants to defend that CNUT, let's arrange a meeting in MACRO car park now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ffs, sod the swearing ban, Roland is a complete and utter cunt.
  • Options
    Fucking hell.
  • Options
    that statement surely deserves a thread of it's own.
  • Options
    Roland you f*cking c*nt.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    As far as I am concerned, those Belgian graffiti artists were bloody heroes, even if they were not Charlton fans. I hope they step it up. It is beyond being nice now.
  • Options
    I'm legitimately fuming. That is clearly wrote by that fucking cunt himself. It is Donald Trumpesque. Just write off next season now.

Something drastic needs to happen now 
  • Options
    Thanks Lee.
    You will always be a legend to us after what you've achieved.
  • Options
    You fucking idiot Roland. 
  • Options
    I'm legitimately fuming. That is clearly wrote by that fucking cunt himself. It is Donald Trumpesque. Just write off next season now.

Something drastic needs to happen now 
    Yup - He has clearly wroted that himself
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!