Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why has Bowyer not been signed up yet?

Comments

• Do you mean the length of time it takes for Leyland Dan Druff to sharpen his crayons before editing his contract offer?
  • Next week, 3 year deal WIOTOS....
  • Because Roland only cares about hurting the fans 
    **only cares about hurting the 2%** 
  • But after Sunday, he can see that it is 2% of 40,000 - which is 800. So even by his own reckoning, we are not talking about a handful of disaffected former staff.
  • The only reason Lee hasn't signed a new contract is because Roland doesn't care about people.

From a players perspective you'd be nuts to sign for us without knowing who the manager was going to be.

Just get him signed up Roland!
  • Because Roland only cares about hurting the fans 

Please. Once and for all - Roland doesn't give a flying you-know-what for the fans. Yes, some of the jolly japes people have played may have upset him, but he's a hard-nosed businessman, money and his huge ego are what matter -  so don't keep taking it personally. Remember, he only spends 2% of his time thinking about Charlton - I would think he spends even less time thinking about 'hurting' us!
  • What new owner wouldn't want Bowyer? Having him signed up would be a positive factor.
    Yes, it absolutely would. 

However, Bowyer might prefer to negotiate his deal with the new owner; Roland might want to ensure there are as few long-term contracts in place to make the takeover simpler and quicker; and any new owner might prefer to negotiate their own deal with their most important employee.  

I am not suggesting contracting Bowyer would be a good thing.  I'm suggesting there might be positive reasons why it's not been done yet. 
  • Chizz said:
    What new owner wouldn't want Bowyer? Having him signed up would be a positive factor.
    Yes, it absolutely would. 

However, Bowyer might prefer to negotiate his deal with the new owner; Roland might want to ensure there are as few long-term contracts in place to make the takeover simpler and quicker; and any new owner might prefer to negotiate their own deal with their most important employee.  

I am not suggesting contracting Bowyer would be a good thing.  I'm suggesting there might be positive reasons why it's not been done yet. 
    Exactly - Any new owner that came in and did not want Bowyer and the coaching staff after what they have achieved this season would need their bumps felt. There is no way IMO that any new owner would be bringing in "their own man" for next season if the current staff are looking to stay on.

The coaching staff really do deserve to be rewarded for the efforts this season and I'd be surprised (if a T/O is close) if all interested parties are not part of the discussions in some way.
  • Sponsored links:

• 99% sign..........1% off fishing

• I am very relaxed about this.

I think its been sorted behind the scenes. I don't think we are close to being sold but I think minimum Lee will be given a 2 year deal.

• I hope it's because a takeover is heavily expected soon.

Why would Roland tie the knot on that one....if someone else will and the club will no longer be his problem soon
  • edited May 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    It is incredible we are still waiting. He is the important cog to get everything else moving in the right direction. This has to be done now! Even an idiot like Roland must be able to see that surely!
     Busy back in the south of France with his fishing lake.
    Is it in the ‘South’ of France........I have a feeling it’s not that far east of Paris....maybe I’m wrong?
  • I am pretty confident it will be sorted in the coming weeks, the 'he is on holiday' line though is a bit misleading, despite being a lot further down the business food chain, my phone doesn't stop whilst I am away, 'I have just got to take this call' being the catchphrase of many a family holiday.

I Duchatalet calls, Lee will answer

• Perhaps a new owner may want to bring in their own management team.
  • Bowyer will sign unless he's given a derisory offer. He won't walk away from the journey he has started. Everyone needs to chill. 
    Unfortunately the key words here may be ‘unless he is given a derisory offer’
  • Addickted said:
    Perhaps a new owner may want to bring in their own management team.
    It’s always of course possible but you’d have to say after what’s just happened on and off the pitch it would be a really crazy thing to even contemplate. Alienate the players and every single Charlton fan in the process. Not what any new owner would be setting out to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    If new owners dont sign Bowyer and Co up Im gonna protest and boycott

• Addickted said:

Boycott? ........ why don't you do a survey instead, Bert?  :smile:

• I doubt the contract all hinges on what Bowyer is personally offered but more about the plan going forward - Bowyer's stock as a manager is high right now but overseeing a struggle next year will do it no good. The overriding feeling I get is not about himself at all, its about being able to continue 'the journey' as he put it and maybe he can help get us all what we want - a threat to walk away if rd isn't selling and tries to do things on the cheap may just crank the pressure up even further on rd to clear off. There's a lot to sort so no news for the minute is good news in my opinion.   
  • Oggy Red said:
    Addickted said:

Boycott? ........ why don't you do a survey instead, Bert?  :smile:

I done one Sunday and over 20,000 didnt know what i was talking about
  • Has Bowyer been given an offer? Will he accept it? Will RD ever sell the club? 

Questions, questions...and conjecture.

What we do know is that CAFC is about to step up into what is probably, on paper, the strongest Championship for several years. Lots of clubs with loads of parachute funding. 

Nearly half the side that appeared at Wembley are gone or might be gone soon. To survive or perhaps even prosper next season will need time for new players to bed in and for a fantastic team spirit to be rebuilt.

A comprehensive rebuild needs to start now! Yet we have a manager without a contract gone fishing (deservedly so, but I am sure he would be doing business on his mobile if he could, and was certain of his future), and an owner who will, might, might not, flog the club, or best players, or both. Currently no money, no plan. And the clock is ticking.  
  • lee has confirmed he was taking a week off on holiday and will be back next tuesday at least wait till then i think
  • Addickted said:
    Unlikely. A new owner might usually look to put a manager in place in order to win over the fans. But in Bowyer and Jackson, we already have a management team that the fans adore.

Unless they planned to bring in Klopp or Guardiola the new owners would have to be very poorly advised if one of the first things they did was get rid of 2 Charlton heroes.
    Hmm negotiating with the belgian anything is possible
  • Bowyer will sign unless he's given a derisory offer. He won't walk away from the journey he has started. Everyone needs to chill. 
    This.

Fanbase is more or less reunited now thanks to Bows , Jacko and the boys But if Roly fucks us over if he doesn't sell or back Bows i can foresee demonstrations that will dwarf whats gone on these last few seasons imo
  • Been said thousands of times before in answer to the OP's question but I can't resist:

Because Roland is a 'See You Next Tuesday' , ahhhh that's better >:).
  • The sticking point is whether Bowyer is allowed to keep his maggots in the fridge at Sparrows Lane or not
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!