Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mackems

Thanks for the welcome to readytogo.net 

Don't be shy

Comments

• They amaze me. Got a bloke at work who supports Sunderland and he has moaned all season about how shit they are and it’s all doom and gloom.  All of a sudden after the Portsmouth game you would think they are the best team in the world. 
  • They amaze me. Got a bloke at work who supports Sunderland and he has moaned all season about how shit they are and it’s all doom and gloom.  All of a sudden after the Portsmouth game you would think they are the best team in the world. 
    You do know he’s going to be insufferable if they win don’t you mate 
  • Remember a game with them around the mid 70's...on The Big Match....a load of their fans came and stood by us on the old east terrace close to where the south bank was..no trouble just some 'friendly' banter.
  • They won’t be completely confident no matter what they say. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:
    Nah, wear a Sunderland shirt with GRAY on the back, that'll worry them more! 
    Bound to be a pundit, we should sing his name.

Just the once though.
  • Redrobo said:
    Riviera said:
    Nah, wear a Sunderland shirt with GRAY on the back, that'll worry them more! 
    Bound to be a pundit, we should sing his name.

Just the once though.
    Charlton legend  ;)
  • Remember a game with them around the mid 70's...on The Big Match....a load of their fans came and stood by us on the old east terrace close to where the south bank was..no trouble just some 'friendly' banter.
    I came down to the 77/78 game from uni with a car load of Sunderland supporters and stood with them on the South Terrace. I watched the game on the South Terrace surrounded by hundreds of them. Everyone of them took the piss out of me but they were unfailingly friendly despite the fact we won with a late Mike Flanagan goal. 
  • They wanted to play Doncaster rather than us. That is the important context for their comments.
  • They wanted to play Doncaster rather than us. That is the important context for their comments.
    Would of made the trains even busier coming into Kings X.
  • Drank in a Streatham pub with a load of them in 1998 when I was a very larey drunk, they were all fantastic and we continued on to a curry and an after curry drinking session (that would kill me these days). They were all fantastic and I have had a very soft sport for the team and the area since.

We took the piss out of each other throughout the game (and at times I was over the top) but they were fab with me. Ideally this season I would have liked us both to go up.
    I think that was before our performance on Friday , that was a bit worrying how the pressure seem to effect us
  • Sponsored links:

• Well I thought some would like to join us for some witty repartee but obviously not...

I can assure everybody though that they are hanging on our every word!
  • Did a Masters at Durham in 98 and was wandering around Waterstones there a few months after the play off looking at sports books. One was a Sunderland fan’s diary of the season entitled ‘And Gray steps up ......’ :-)
  • One of dads in my eldest sons footy team told me he’s been to Wembley 3 times with Sunderland and seen them lose all 3 .... 
    so he’s not going to this one to try and change their luck 
  • One of dads in my eldest sons footy team told me he’s been to Wembley 3 times with Sunderland and seen them lose all 3 .... 
    Sure that'll make all the difference.
  • Talal said:
    One of dads in my eldest sons footy team told me he’s been to Wembley 3 times with Sunderland and seen them lose all 3 .... 
    Sure that'll make all the difference.
    It will to him as he will have saved the money he will have wasted on seeing them lose at Wembley again.
  • It is true, I was probably over confident prior to that performance. We all know what we are capable of - the thing is that is now both the good and the bad.
  • I imagine it's the match up that Clive Mendonca was dreading! In his ideal world, we would have been 1 and 2 in the division, fighting over the title, and instead we're scrapping over one promotion place...
  • I imagine it's the match up that Clive Mendonca was dreading! In his ideal world, we would have been 1 and 2 in the division, fighting over the title, and instead we're scrapping over one promotion place...
    He’s got to be guest of honour on Sunday 
  • Makems. A great bunch of lads.