Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mackems

Comments

• Options
    A 2nd season in league one, not playing that well and they're still averaging crowds of over 30k.
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson would be a great appointment for them.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    17 points from 11 games is a reasonable start to the season. 
    A bit unlucky to get the sack this early in the season. 

Not for Sunderland in League 1 . Compare this to Ipswich who seem to be running away with the title .
    Wasn’t Portsmouth running away with it this time last season ?
  • Options
    Having caught up with their takeover news, I guess we can see a bit of panic in their owners. The deal has fallen through and they shelled out £4m in Jan on Grigg, which has basically gone down the toilet. Whether they blame Ross for making a bad call with Grigg I don't know, but as we saw, late in the Jan window, if you want a new striker you either pay inflated sums or get Josh Parker (who, lest we ever forget, won that free kick, on merit and with no little skill). 

And who now is going to pay big money to buy them when it is now clear that the Americans, who sound like proper businessmen, took a good look at the business and decided it didn't add up? We know what that's like too, but the difference is that RD whatever else, regards this as pretty much a hobby. Donald cannot afford to do so, increasingly it looks like he always intended to make a quick profit.

Feel sorry for their fans. 
  • Options
    I understand Grigg was not who Ross wanted. But he was a negative manager and they will be better off having a more positive one in charge.
  • Options
    Grigg scored last night maybe he'll come good/
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    That he's playing in the EFL Trophy at all says something...
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Aka Will Gulick... 

• Options
    Funnily enough,im off work today and just sat down to watch the play off final on my saved list,we've just given the mackems a goal headstart😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Looks as though Phil Parkinson has got the job. Good luck to him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50076227

• Options
    Great appointment for Sunderland. He’ll have no trouble getting them promoted with the resources they’ll have available.
  • Options
    Fans aren't happy about it as expected. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I wonder if Parky will be as popular as the last ex Charlton manager to have that job.

They even built a statue of him. 
  • Options
    It is the barrel they are fishing in. It could be a good appointment for them. We shall see.
  • Options
    Always been a Parkie fan and sure this is a good appointment, but it will be Interesting to see him manage  a club with resources.  *Colchester', Charlton, Bradford and Bolton were clubs with no money while he was there and IMHO he had degrees of success at each.  Some managers do well with mo ey, others dont .. its Parkies time to step up.

Mind you Sunderland still remains a basket case!

* No idea about Hull where he failed!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    3-0 up before half time, his first game in charge. Hope he does well and hope Sunderland do well, we’re not competing with them anymore...
  • Options
    4 nil to Parky’s boys
  • Options
    I'm obviously in the minority here. 
    But I like Sunderland 
    And don't like Parkinson 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have some relatives who are Tranmere fans. t is obvious they are going down. I will be very very surprised if they stay up.  I think they have won only 2 games all season. Against Bolton and a sneaky win a week ago which they don't deserve. 
  • Options
    But I like Sunderland 
    And don't like Parkinson 
    I’m fine with Sunderland ... their attitude after our first Wembley win was amazing ... but I also have a lot of time for Parky
  • Options
    5 nil
  • Options
    But I like Sunderland 
    And don't like Parkinson 
    I didn't rate him as manager and wanted rid, I'm not sure how anyone can dislike him though, Top guy who put his hand in his pocket to pay for atleast one of out loan players.
  • Options
    Good luck to Parkinson.
    Being in charge of a cafc team that loses to Millwall 4-0 was no way back for many fans.
    Being Sunderland's manager has always been a poison chalice but after the torture of being Bolton's boss, being the mackems manager should be like paradise and a walk in the parky.
  • Options
    Good luck to Parkinson.
    Being in charge of a cafc team that loses to Millwall 4-0 was no way back for many fans.
    Being Sunderland's manager has always been a poison chalice but after the torture of being Bolton's boss, being the mackems manager should be like paradise and a walk in the parky.
    Still have nightmares about that game. We were shocking defensively with Llera having a really bad game.
  • Options
    Good luck to Parkinson.
    Still have nightmares about that game. We were shocking defensively with Llera having a really bad game.
    Llera could be totally rubbish or score a great equaliser in that boxing day game against Swindon when we had 9 men for about 50 minutes when both Burton and Sam Sodje both got sent off in bizarre circumstances.
  • Options
    Good luck to Parkinson.
    Llera could be totally rubbish or score a great equaliser in that boxing day game against Swindon when we had 9 men for about 50 minutes when both Burton and Sam Sodje both got sent off in bizarre circumstances.
    Never got a proper explanation for the bizarre sendings off - Sodje was a very dodgy character.
  • Options
    Good luck to Parkinson.
    Never got a proper explanation for the bizarre sendings off - Sodje was a very dodgy character.
    Not entirely relevant but -
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46946503