Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mackems

Comments

• Worst trolling attempt ever. 
  • edited May 2019
    Still amazes me that they paid 4m for Grigg.............and then play a system (from what i've read) that doesn't even suit him.

At league one level that's crazy money, even 1-2m is. They could've gone out and bought four 1m players and smashed promotion.
    Ironically they could have had Taylor for nothing. Had they signed him they probably would have gone straight up.
    The player picked Charlton though, believe he preferred still being in London and felt the chance of promotion was roughly equal. 
  • NE3Mackem said:
    Still amazes me that they paid 4m for Grigg.............and then play a system (from what i've read) that doesn't even suit him.

At league one level that's crazy money, even 1-2m is. They could've gone out and bought four 1m players and smashed promotion.
    Ironically they could have had Taylor for nothing. Had they signed him they probably would have gone straight up.
    The player picked Charlton though, believe he preferred still being in London and felt the chance of promotion was roughly equal. 
    He won't need much more motivation come Sunday then.
  • lolwray said:
    I hope we show them as much respect if they beat us, as they did in 98. Given the emotional roller-coaster that the game was, they were hugely gracious in defeat. I have no doubt they would be equally respectful should we win again.

Great post
    Ditto mate.  Somehow i think the twat quotient has risen in both sets of support over the intervening years.
  • Not going well for them right now. They seem to really appreciate their manager......

A few posts from twitter:

"Alright, I think that's enough of Jack Ross for me. It's not just about results or today's defeat, we don't have a discernible style of play, we never look motivated, we can't defend and we don't create anything. Can't go up with this slow, cowardly football."

"Jack Ross IS the worst manager I’ve ever seen at Sunderland... nothing will make me think otherwise! Clubs fucked"

"If Jack Ross is still Sunderland manager later than 5:30 tonight @stewartdonald3 wants shot with shit. A 3rd year in this league and the club will be worth pennies, DO THE RIGHT THING AND DO IT QUICK"

"
    embarrassed by another bang average team, sunderland going absolutely fucking nowhere under jack ross!"

"
    This the lowest ebb we've EVER reached in our entire history as a football club. Jack Ross, in the name of God, do the decent thing and resign..."
  • edited October 2019
    Sure I saw on their forum a while back that netflix weren't picking up the second series.

Edit seems that was dud info then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great fans they are certainly experiencing a low point in their clubs history
  • Caught up with this thread from pre- play offs, impressed by the contributions of Mackem fans then. They seem just like the Sunderland family I often stay with in Eltham, top people who make you think, if only it wasn't them we have now done over big time twice, if only it was, I dunno, probably Leeds. 

If any of them are around, or anyone else knows...what has happened with that takeover that was being discussed in the summer, and what do the fans think about the ownership now?
  • edited October 2019
    Caught up with this thread from pre- play offs, impressed by the contributions of Mackem fans then. They seem just like the Sunderland family I often stay with in Eltham, top people who make you think, if only it wasn't them we have now done over big time twice, if only it was, I dunno, probably Leeds. 

If any of them are around, or anyone else knows...what has happened with that takeover that was being discussed in the summer, and what do the fans think about the ownership now?
    The current owners asked The Rat for some advice on getting a good price and if LDT could be seconded to them 😉.
  • Always seemed genuine, the slagging of the north I don’t get, better nights out less violence what’s not to like! 
    Outside toilets.
  • edited October 2019
    I hope they get promoted and they are still nicely placed. But they do have to get rid of their manager to increase their chances. He is too negative and I think they can roll the dice a bit and are likely to get somebody better. This would be a good time to do it IMO. Rather than go for an established failure, find an upcoming young manager who knows the club and who has clear ideas. If I owned the club I would want young hungry manager selling me their ideas. They are well placed to grow with the right manager at the helm.
  • Lee isn’t for sale 😩
  • edited October 2019
    Why I think it is a good time is if they brought a manager in and it didn't work out, they could bring in another and they would still be there or there abouts in the League. Find a young hungry one who wants to prove himself more than make some money!
  • Sponsored links:

• Funny how they thought they were going to piss League 1 this year.
  • Jack Ross has today been sacked.
  • Funny how they thought they were going to piss League 1 this year.
    They thought that last year
  • Meltdown on the Sunderland forum.
  • Meltdown on the Sunderland forum.
    Link please mate.
  • The timing of the sacking is surely linked to the takeover news. It gives the fans something to be happy about.
  • 17 points from 11 games is a reasonable start to the season. 
    A bit unlucky to get the sack this early in the season.