Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• Options
    Aribo is too good for league one but as of yet there are a lot of better and more experienced midfielders in the championship. He would be best to stay with us if we go up and if not one of the teams coming down to championship or top half team from this year. He would get nowhere near city or arsenal reserve teams let alone first teams. Let's be real. He would end up with a lot of money in short term but playing the long game and backing his talent could see him earn a lot more.
  • Options
    If there is Championship interest he will go. If there is Premier interest then hes as good as gone. Lets hope that he helps fire us to promotion first.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Joe is 22 and too good for div 1,a lesser premier club or a season in the championship would be great for his career,City or Arsenal,forget it these clubs are only interested in instant success and will just buy ready made players from abroad.Look at City,Foden,Mahrez dont get a game and they are already talking about continental targets for next season,how many young lads have come through Arsenal in recent years.Joe if you must leave go where you are going to play.
    This is more important than money. Joe is going to make a lot of money, but now is the time to make the right choices. The riches will follow. Championship for a season or even half a season if all goes well is the logical next step for him.
  • Options
    I'm not saying he's in the league of some of the players in the top top teams, but he absolutely is suited to playing in a team that looks to press high and maintain possession deep in the opposition's half. Like a Man City does, or to a certain extent how we do. The way he wins the ball back quickly is just as important to us as his goals are and he could definitely do the same thing for teams much better than us. I think he's good enough to play for a top half of the premiership side eventually, but what the best move is for him to eventually get there, I'm not sure.

He needs to be playing games but also getting good coaching and probably be around better players. The one big selling point we have, assuming new contracts are eventually signed, is the coaching team who have seriously improved a number of our players, Joe included.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Aribo is too good for league one but as of yet there are a lot of better and more experienced midfielders in the championship. He would be best to stay with us if we go up and if not one of the teams coming down to championship or top half team from this year. He would get nowhere near city or arsenal reserve teams let alone first teams. Let's be real. He would end up with a lot of money in short term but playing the long game and backing his talent could see him earn a lot more.
    He wouldn’t be best to stay. Our owner made him a contract offer and withdrew it. He should leave 100%. But I do agree going to an Arsenal or Man City wouldn’t be the best, Brentford would be an ok move for him ala Konsa. 
  • Options
    You sometimes see a player that looks far too good for your team; he’s it .  
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Joe's got the attributes to play at the very highest level. If he moves to Arsenal imho he'll be a first team regular within a year. It's amazing to see how fast he's improving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thing is, if Joe does sign a new Contract then I fully expect him to be sold by the end of summer anyway

He's the one real player we've currently got with any value - Roland wont turn that down if given an offer

Even Bowyer said himself that he wouldnt have been here had he not been injured in January
  • Options
    “So and so club is reportedly interested in Player X”
    i.e. this is the report AKA I just made it up
    weak balderdash for the hopelessly gullible usually peddled by grasping lazy tosspots robbing a living as a parody of a journalist 
    Dingaling The merrygoround grinds on and on...
  • Options
    I think Germany would be a decent move for him - a little lower standard than the Premier League and if you do well there you get noticed here. But Charlton in the Championship would still be the very best. Sign a contract with a clause, and focus solely on your game. It will all open up nicely for Joe that way IMO. Then probably a club like Leicester or even choke - West Ham, but merely as a stepping stone to the next level.
  • Options
    Joe is 22 and too good for div 1,a lesser premier club or a season in the championship would be great for his career,City or Arsenal,forget it these clubs are only interested in instant success and will just buy ready made players from abroad.Look at City,Foden,Mahrez dont get a game and they are already talking about continental targets for next season,how many young lads have come through Arsenal in recent years.Joe if you must leave go where you are going to play.
    This. We all know he'll be leaving next month, but he needs to go to a club where he'll get a chance to play every week. That won't be a top 6 PL side.......maybe not even a mid table one. Look at Lookman. Hardly gets a game at Everton. Not many players make the step up from League 1 to PL in one go & play regularly. 
  • Options
    As always we can sit here and say that there's no way he'll get in the City or Arsenal side and that's almost certainly true, but if either of those sides offer him 30k a week and a promise to loan him to a championship side, he'll be gone as a) that's the level he (might) be with us anyway and b) he'll be getting a lot more money. 
  • Options
    He’s in a position, due to the clubs stupidity of being able to leave from free in about 6 weeks time.

Due to that he’ll command a decent signing on fee as wherever he goes it’ll be for free. Unless We get promoted AND offer him a decent package (and we all know the likelihood of the latter) I can’t see him staying.

at nearly 23 he’s the chance of earning serious money, he won’t turn that down.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    https://www.67hailhail.com/opinion/joe-aribo-perfect-addition-celtic-squad

Celtic reportedly sniffing , I'd say thats the last place he should go in regards to development 
    Most definitely. And he should learn from Lookman's experience. It has put the lad back IMO. He showed he was ready to push on whilst on loan in Germany and has stagnated at Everton. The logical next step would be half a season to a season in the Championship and if we get promoted the best club for him for a short period is still likely to be us! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    He wouldn’t be best to stay. Our owner made him a contract offer and withdrew it. He should leave 100%. But I do agree going to an Arsenal or Man City wouldn’t be the best, Brentford would be an ok move for him ala Konsa. 
    Yeah I can't say staying with us would be best. I think he's ready to play top flight football. Don't know if that's in the Prem or Bundeliga, but I think the Bundeliga might be a good punt. The problem is he isn't great tactically, which is part of why he's moved to the 10 role, and I think some time in Germany would really help him.

Would love it if we kept him obviously, but as with Konsa last season, I think keeping him, even in the Championship, might risk stalling his career. Also, if he was going to sign with us, he would have signed by now. It's a shame, but we're a poorly run club and this is what happens. We're leaving millions on the table with not negotiating things properly (Konsa, Aribo, Bauer, etc.)
  • Options
    I like Joe and he has great potential, but another 20 something person who thinks he his mastered his art, and now we are not good enough for him.  We have it all the time at work, year out of their time and they think they can do the managing directors job.

Learn your trade with us Joe, your big move will come.
    Where has he said anything like what you are accusing him of? 

In the media
  • Options
    I like Joe and he has great potential, but another 20 something person who thinks he his mastered his art, and now we are not good enough for him.  We have it all the time at work, year out of their time and they think they can do the managing directors job.

In the media
    Where?
  • Options
    He’s off to Huddersfield then.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    cs1986 said:
    Yeah I can't say staying with us would be best. I think he's ready to play top flight football. Don't know if that's in the Prem or Bundeliga, but I think the Bundeliga might be a good punt. The problem is he isn't great tactically, which is part of why he's moved to the 10 role, and I think some time in Germany would really help him.

Would love it if we kept him obviously, but as with Konsa last season, I think keeping him, even in the Championship, might risk stalling his career. Also, if he was going to sign with us, he would have signed by now. It's a shame, but we're a poorly run club and this is what happens. We're leaving millions on the table with not negotiating things properly (Konsa, Aribo, Bauer, etc.)
    Why would him staying with us (in the Championship) stall his career, as opposed to moving to Brentford?

Obviously he's not going to sign now, as we could be in L1 next season and that clearly would stall his career
  • Options

In the media
    Lol. The media of the mind.
  • Options

In the media
    Where?
    Only media talk I remember was Bowyer saying that Aribo had privately told him he wanted to stay and it was down to getting any deal past an Agent who was eager to sell him to clubs
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    cs1986 said:

Why would him staying with us (in the Championship) stall his career, as opposed to moving to Brentford?

Obviously he's not going to sign now, as we could be in L1 next season and that clearly would stall his career
    Sorry, not framed well by me there. I think for Konsa the next step to advance his career was the Championship at least. I think for Joe it's a top flight league, be it the Prem, Bundesliga, or somewhere else probably on loan from a top team. I don't think him going to Brentford makes any sense, I was more making the comparison that staying with us would risk stalling his career. 

Also, as a 10, he can get away with some lack of tactical discipline that a CB like Konsa (a year or two younger as well) couldn't. So there is that as well. 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    cs1986 said:

This. Like what I said. I like Joe a lot and think he is too good for this league but don't be blinded because he plays for us he is nowhere near good enough for premier league football yet. Grealish at villa is ahead of him at moment as one example. Lookman has not developed due to not playing so I hope Aribo sees this and makes a better long term decision and not a short term money decision