Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Konsa's career had actually gone backwards since he left us. Managerial and defensive changes meant he was trying to cover for donkeys and his lack of leadership skills left him isolated. Got back on track recently but his defensive partner has been released.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I like Joe and he has great potential, but another 20 something person who thinks he his mastered his art, and now we are not good enough for him.  We have it all the time at work, year out of their time and they think they can do the managing directors job.

Learn your trade with us Joe, your big move will come.
    Or, put it another way, he’s only 10 years or so away from the end of his career.

How much longer would you leave it?
    Players like Aribo may only get the chance one life changing financial move, they should/do always take it.

The amount of games they play for the new club will be secondary.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    SDAddick said:
    cs1986 said:
    Aribo is too good for league one but as of yet there are a lot of better and more experienced midfielders in the championship. He would be best to stay with us if we go up and if not one of the teams coming down to championship or top half team from this year. He would get nowhere near city or arsenal reserve teams let alone first teams. Let's be real. He would end up with a lot of money in short term but playing the long game and backing his talent could see him earn a lot more.
    He wouldn’t be best to stay. Our owner made him a contract offer and withdrew it. He should leave 100%. But I do agree going to an Arsenal or Man City wouldn’t be the best, Brentford would be an ok move for him ala Konsa. 
    Yeah I can't say staying with us would be best. I think he's ready to play top flight football. Don't know if that's in the Prem or Bundeliga, but I think the Bundeliga might be a good punt. The problem is he isn't great tactically, which is part of why he's moved to the 10 role, and I think some time in Germany would really help him.

Would love it if we kept him obviously, but as with Konsa last season, I think keeping him, even in the Championship, might risk stalling his career. Also, if he was going to sign with us, he would have signed by now. It's a shame, but we're a poorly run club and this is what happens. We're leaving millions on the table with not negotiating things properly (Konsa, Aribo, Bauer, etc.)
    Why would him staying with us (in the Championship) stall his career, as opposed to moving to Brentford?

Obviously he's not going to sign now, as we could be in L1 next season and that clearly would stall his career
    This. Like what I said. I like Joe a lot and think he is too good for this league but don't be blinded because he plays for us he is nowhere near good enough for premier league football yet. Grealish at villa is ahead of him at moment as one example. Lookman has not developed due to not playing so I hope Aribo sees this and makes a better long term decision and not a short term money decision  
    It's all about the money.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    SDAddick said:
    cs1986 said:
    Aribo is too good for league one but as of yet there are a lot of better and more experienced midfielders in the championship. He would be best to stay with us if we go up and if not one of the teams coming down to championship or top half team from this year. He would get nowhere near city or arsenal reserve teams let alone first teams. Let's be real. He would end up with a lot of money in short term but playing the long game and backing his talent could see him earn a lot more.
    He wouldn’t be best to stay. Our owner made him a contract offer and withdrew it. He should leave 100%. But I do agree going to an Arsenal or Man City wouldn’t be the best, Brentford would be an ok move for him ala Konsa. 
    Yeah I can't say staying with us would be best. I think he's ready to play top flight football. Don't know if that's in the Prem or Bundeliga, but I think the Bundeliga might be a good punt. The problem is he isn't great tactically, which is part of why he's moved to the 10 role, and I think some time in Germany would really help him.

Would love it if we kept him obviously, but as with Konsa last season, I think keeping him, even in the Championship, might risk stalling his career. Also, if he was going to sign with us, he would have signed by now. It's a shame, but we're a poorly run club and this is what happens. We're leaving millions on the table with not negotiating things properly (Konsa, Aribo, Bauer, etc.)
    Why would him staying with us (in the Championship) stall his career, as opposed to moving to Brentford?

Obviously he's not going to sign now, as we could be in L1 next season and that clearly would stall his career
    Sorry, not framed well by me there. I think for Konsa the next step to advance his career was the Championship at least. I think for Joe it's a top flight league, be it the Prem, Bundesliga, or somewhere else probably on loan from a top team. I don't think him going to Brentford makes any sense, I was more making the comparison that staying with us would risk stalling his career. 

Also, as a 10, he can get away with some lack of tactical discipline that a CB like Konsa (a year or two younger as well) couldn't. So there is that as well. 
    I know where you are coming from but I think the  key for him would be to get the clause where he can go for the right offer. It will happen in January if he continues to develop and he will have given himself no other factors to negotiate rather than his game. What it would mean if he does continue to develop at this rate is that he will move with higher stock and he won't be a risk free punt for a club. That is very important - big clubs don't care about Joe Aribo, just what he might become.

If he finds the next level harder, he will be at the best place to negotiate the step. It seriously is in the lads best interests to stay with us, but only if we are promoted.
  • Options
    Let’s face it .. Joe will be gone come 1 July. Until we get an owner who’s prepared to invest in the assets, we’ll just keep Bob Bob Bobbing along. 
  • Options
    We just have the hope that we go up and a takeover goes through with owners who can convince our best players to stay - by paying the wages and committing to building a team to challenge for promotion - I think that if that wee to happen, Charlton would be the right place for all our current players careers next season
  • Options
    Far better to be in a team playing well and  pushing for promotion than in the reserves of a top half prem side or in a bottom half struggling side 
  • Options
    Don’t think he’ll stay regardless of promotion. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Far better to be in a team playing well and  pushing for promotion than in the reserves of a top half prem side or in a bottom half struggling side 
    Totally agree with this, but I know a couple of men who won’t, his bank manager and his agent.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Not if the struggling side have quadrupled his wages. Playing football for the most is a job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you make a decision based on wages at the wrong time it can cost you going forwards. Aribo is going to be decently paid and this is the time in his life for him to make football rather than financial decisions.
  • Options
    Is there a team that hasn't been linked with him yet? His agent is a busy boy.
  • Options
    I believe because he is very one footed this may hold him back for a top prem team, he is very good but this needs improvement
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    barstool said:
    I believe because he is very one footed this may hold him back for a top prem team, he is very good but this needs improvement
    Apart from the goal he scored on Sunday where he lashed it and beat the keeper with it's pace?
  • Options
    barstool said:
    Didn't look one-footed at Donny on Sunday
  • Options
    So not only will we lose him, we'll lose him for nothing. Brilliant, cheers Roland
    Is there any point in going up with this prick in charge?
  • Options
    no defeatism in the ranks please
  • Options
    razil said:
    no defeatism in the ranks please

Sorry but it's hard after 4+ years of Roland in charge to put the defeatism to one side. All our clouds have dark linings!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Today its reported on BBC Gossip column that Southampton are ready to sign Joe as soon as Play-off final is done. It gives a link to the Sunday Express article, which also says Arsenal and Man City are chasing him as well and he is not going to sign a new contract with us. It may just be paper talk, but its a worry in my mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    And Southampton may be a club that he has a chance to make the leap at. Still a risk for me though. One he doesn't need to take given that he can sign a contract which will only mean he is with us for half a season! This could mean he makes the leap to a bigger club sooner - at the point he is ready - as the contract he would sign with Southampton would probably give him less flexibility. 
  • Options
    I absolutely think he has to go if we don't get promoted. If we do, he needs to think about Lookman. Despite a great loan period in Germany, Everton have held his career back by two seasons. They bought him as a punt and didn't really need him. Aribo has to believe in his ability and know he is going to make lots of money and do things right. Short term money can often cost you later on.
  • Options
    I imagine a deal is already sorted this late in the year. We need to accept he hasn’t signed the contract offered, that he has a strong agent who also manages other players that have moved abroad and enjoy him whilst he’s here...for another potentially vital 90 minutes in our history *hands up emjoi*
  • Options
    Palace will sign him.
    Ive made that up but shit happens, wait and see.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    DOUCHER said:
    i'd rather treble my wages
    Or six times my wages if your Grant.

Aribo was at Staines Town a few years ago.

Roland and LDT messed him about withdrawing and then halving his contract offer.

And he's not a No. 10 and has had his best games in other positions.

• Options
    Personally i think Wembley will be his last game even if we do go up.
  • Options
    He will be gone after Wembley i have no doubt, my worry is that it is on his mind and affects his game.  He was way off his best on Friday.
  • Options
    Over the last 10 years only Gomez has gone on to fulfil his potential. Shelvey is probably next & to a certain extent Rob Elioot & Nick Pope. Konsa, Cousins & Grant are muddling along in mid table Championship teams. Look man is stagnating at Everton & needs to go somewhere where he can  play regularly. Probably top end Championship.

It's all about Money. I don't begrudge a player trying to better himself, but most will already be on far more than their counterparts will ever be at their ages. Just depends if Aribo wants to play every week or sit & count his money.