Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• Options
    Well Lee sounds positive
  • Options
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    Now we can change the thread title to, "Rumour he is to reject the Bundesliga and sign a new contract".

Hoprfully :smile:
  • Options

Joe has shown of late that he is a crucial part of our squad - indeed , he is improving by the match IMO. He was my MOM today & a close 2nd at Fratton Park on Tuesday night.

Last season he was often just a fringe member of the squad, before establishing himself in the 1st team during the run-in. Evidently, even back then, Bowyer evidently rated Aribo highly.

This season, Joe must now be one of the first names on the team sheet.
  • Options
    https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/joe-aribo.340442/

I rate Aribo highly for us, but Man City? They’d see him as a player to loan out for a few years and then make a profit.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I rate Aribo highly for us, but Man City? They’d see him as a player to loan out for a few years and then make a profit.
    HATE this stuff! Not expecting him to stay, but I hope wherever he goes he gets gametime or it will be wasted time in a short career.
  • Options
    They are adopting the Chelsea method (i.e. Aaron Mooy and a few others) so wouldnt surprise me

Clubs are absolute scum when they do this
    Agree it’s a case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its disappointing as I thought UEFA were going to introduce rules that said a club could only loan out a handful of players each season (Should be the same number a club are allowed sign on loan) - Unfortunately it seems to have gone quiet on that front (no surprise really) yet think measures like that would quickly stop this stockpiling of players
  • Options
    Are the players forced to sign for these clubs?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    clb74 said:
    Are the players forced to sign for these clubs?
    Of course not but its other clubs that are being screwed over for no reason other than potential long term financial gain, certainly cant even see Joe managing to get ahead of Phil Foden up there - If there were limits on how many players could be loaned out each season do you seriously think that Man City would be wasting their time with Joe Aribo (no offence to the lad)?
  • Options
    That link says City have made contact with Joe.

Isnt that against the laws of the game, I thought English clubs couldnt make contact with other english clubs players unless there is less than a month on their contract 
  • Options

Isnt that against the laws of the game, I thought English clubs couldnt make contact with other english clubs players unless there is less than a month on their contract 
    But in the real world, this happens every single time. 
  • Options

As he is a free agent I'm sure he can speak to other clubs in order to find an agreement from July 1st from the previous January.

If he leaves on a free in the summer quite frankly Roland would have no-one to blame but himself. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    "Joe - we both know Charlton spotted you, nurtured you and it's going well and stuff.  They are offering £4k a week for a year and you can train with Lyle and Naby and keep improvng.  Alternatively you can go to the current league champions Man City, kickabout with Aguero, Jesus, Silva, Sane and Sterling.  Pep Guardiola wou  You'd be on around £25k a week too.  Plus bonuses for europe or cup appearances.  Would all be a bit mental...but you'd have to relocate to a massive house in Cheadle Hulme - but we'll get Man City to pay for a hotel for a few months while you are looking around."
  • Options
    If they have been in touch and are genuinely interested...there is only one way this would go
  • Options
    Bubble said:

As he is a free agent I'm sure he can speak to other clubs in order to find an agreement from July 1st from the previous January.

If he leaves on a free in the summer quite frankly Roland would have no-one to blame but himself. 
    He can speak to clubs abroad from 1st Jan

He cant speak to other English clubs until 1st June

That is how I understand the law anyway
  • Options

He's allowed to engage in contract negotiations with whomsoever he chooses, even to signing "pre-contract terms" once he is into the last 6 months of his contract.  In Joe's case probably since January, no later than the end of the last transfer window.

In the real world he and his agent are free to talk to whomever, whenever they like.
    Clubs are supposedly prohibited from approaching players registered to other clubs, until their final 6 months, but this hasn't even been paid lipservice by anybody in living memory.  Any football manager's (auto)biography  reveals just that.

After the contract offer, withdrawal, replaced by contract at half the value; Joe deserves huge credit for not telling roly to go boil his head and force a move last January.  Rarely will a player have been so casually insulted by his employer.  In this context his recent performances are even more remarkable.

Hopefully Joe will go public on the depths of roly's duplicity, when Joe finds himself a respectable employer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the reduced contract offer Joe did go off the boil a bit.

He then came back and looked better as he started playing for a new offer from elsewhere.

Don't think he can be blamed?

• Options
    No, and he has to do what is best for him, not us. My point is that if we got promoted, I would say there is a clear scenario where both can apply.
  • Options
    No, and he has to do what is best for him, not us. My point is that if we got promoted, I would say there is a clear scenario where both can apply.
    Oh I agree. I was just posting not responding to anyone in particular.
  • Options
    And I was agreeing with you - No he can't be blamed.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

The tweet in the link is complete bollocks. David Ornstein has said nothing of the sort, nor has Radio 5 Live on Twitter.

If they've said it on air, I apologise, but even so. This looks totally unfounded.

That said, his contract is still up, so who knows what happens with him come June 30th...
  • Options

Let's face it at best we will keep him one more season and that's if we go up. Celtic would be a good move for him. European football, would probably walk in their team after a few weeks and one good season puts him on a wider radar 

• Options
    Rangers and Celtic are realistic, but Man City and Arsenal - he won't make the team and will risk his career. Signing a contract with us won't prevent him moving, it will just mean he does it in a way that his best for his career. The Scottish league is not the highest standard. 
  • Options
    go to Arse or Man Shitty and likely to be on circa £25k per week. Bye Joe, it's been a blast.
  • Options
    Joe is 22 and too good for div 1,a lesser premier club or a season in the championship would be great for his career,City or Arsenal,forget it these clubs are only interested in instant success and will just buy ready made players from abroad.Look at City,Foden,Mahrez dont get a game and they are already talking about continental targets for next season,how many young lads have come through Arsenal in recent years.Joe if you must leave go where you are going to play.