Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• thenewbie said:

It is RD responsibility I said that posts ago

My question is why would the people apparently willing to buy because the fan base was a huge pull are willing to allow the fan base to suffer when the problem can be resolved without anyone spending any money on clearing the debt until we reach the prem when by that time the club will be so cash rich paying 7 mil will be like finding 20 quid down the sofa to those that would have to pay it

Cause Roland wants that money up front now. On top of the price already agreed. If/when The Premiership money is regained then it's pocket change. But if you agreed a price then the seller decides to add seven million pounds in top then only a fool would agree to that. The Ozzies have no reason to want this dragging on, if they could defer or delay the payment they would. The problem is RD, just like it had always been.
    Jesus, are you saying this fuckwit and his wife are buying us now? :smiley:

• What grapevine said.

It's Duchatelet's mess and he's got to clear it up.

WIOTOS
  • Anyone see the irony of offering tge ex directors 25% of their money back when RD wants all of his mis spent millions returned to the last penny? If that is a generous offer surely RD could offer the club at 25% of his current asking price, and we could wrap this up in hours.

T H I S ^^^
  • Scoham said:

F**k you grapevine , i grafted for ten mins writing what was a shit lengthy prose rant by me and then you get your 12 incher out and make me look completely inadequate as usual ffs

Too early on a Sunday to read an essay
  • Scoham said:

shirty5 said:

Scoham said:

F**k you grapevine , i grafted for ten mins writing what was a shit lengthy prose rant by me and then you get your 12 incher out and make me look completely inadequate as usual ffs

Too early on a Sunday to read an essay
    Don’t worry, we’re only repeating ourselves now.

1. Someone posts they’ve heard the deal may go through next week.

2. Excitement builds as we get close to the deadline.

3. Deadline passes. Nothing is said by the club or reported by the local media.

4. Discussions on here around reasons for the delay amongst more puns, gifs etc.

5. A few agree they have doubts about the Aussies or the deal even going through.

6. Others post that the Aussies aren’t the enemy, RD is to blame etc.

We should be back at stage 1 within the next week.
    Unless the takeover happens : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• What grapevine said.

WIOTOS

Or he could just stick to his guns and drive us into the ground.
  • FFS. Both sides have stated tbat the price has been agreed. The £7m loans were known b4 they made their statements. Only repayable in the Prem. Costing £1-2m to repay earlier than the 5 year plan to top flight. This issue is not a deal breaker unless someone ITK says it is. Stop speculating on stuff with no logical basis.

So why was an offer finally made in June 2018?
    Source? What does it matter when the bid was made? I suspect much before June, Charlton scarf time.
    Wrong it was June and if you recall I posted they had till the 24th to make their decision

I refuse to believe Roland didn’t know about them I reckon he just thought the next owners should he sell would do the same as him and not do anything until the club reached the prem
    . In my eyes they are even worse than RD.
    This is where people start getting really stupid

You're thinking of page 1 of this thread?
  • clb74 said:

What grapevine said.

WIOTOS

Or he could just stick to his guns and drive us into the ground.
    He's doing that already. He wants out.
  • FFS. Both sides have stated tbat the price has been agreed. The £7m loans were known b4 they made their statements. Only repayable in the Prem. Costing £1-2m to repay earlier than the 5 year plan to top flight. This issue is not a deal breaker unless someone ITK says it is. Stop speculating on stuff with no logical basis.

Source? What does it matter when the bid was made? I suspect much before June, Charlton scarf time.
    Absolutely amazing. You ask for "source" from @Airman Brown yet you go on to say "I suspect" !!!
  • I think @Grapevine49 has just answered my question about why the Aussies haven't approached the ex-directors.

Thanks - makes sense.
  • I reckon we're stuck with Roland until the end of the transfer window so he can keep asset stripping.
  • The transfer window or the loan window?...
  • JamesSeed said:

FFS. Both sides have stated tbat the price has been agreed. The £7m loans were known b4 they made their statements. Only repayable in the Prem. Costing £1-2m to repay earlier than the 5 year plan to top flight. This issue is not a deal breaker unless someone ITK says it is. Stop speculating on stuff with no logical basis.

Wrong it was June and if you recall I posted they had till the 24th to make their decision

I refuse to believe Roland didn’t know about them I reckon he just thought the next owners should he sell would do the same as him and not do anything until the club reached the prem
    This. I expect RD naively thought that he could simply pass the baton on (geddit ?) as the £7m is only fully repaid when in the Prem, at which time it is a drop in the ocean. If I was one of the ex-directors I would be taking my money now, even at 25%, because I seriously think we have no chance if getting into the Prem within the next 10-15 years, at which time their £500k would have been greatly eroded by inflation etc.

I'm done with the Aussies now anyway. As previous posters have said, their spiel of wanting to buy the club because of its great fan base & Muir/GM lording it at the play off games has proved to be just rhetoric. If they really want to get the fans back onside they are going completely the wrong way about it. Actions speak louder than words. In my eyes they are even worse than RD. At least with him we know he doesn't give a shit & we are only 2% of his empire.
    I think this consensus is growing amongst many
    Er, no, I really don’t think it is.
    Certainly is. Few on here are, I am and a couple of mates too.

Not excited for the season at all and that’s not going to change as there’s not enough time really build a competitive squad. At best a few young players will do well (that don’t have to be sold next summer).

In my opinion, the Aussies have missed the boat a bit, although I’m not saying that’s their fault. But there now in a position that they will have to come in and prove themselves a bit. Whereas before people would have just been overjoyed that Roland had gone and the Aussies would have been the saviours. Now the optimism levels have dropped, there will still be relief when Roland goes but it’s all a bit boring now
  • F**k you grapevine , i grafted for ten mins writing what was a shit lengthy prose rant by me and then you get your 12 incher out and make me look completely inadequate as usual ffs

It doesn't really matter how you make your point providing you make it and it is understood.

I certainly got your point.
  • If I wanted to sum this whole debacle up in one word it would be a nonce
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
  • Are we now entering a time period where its in the buyers favour to not get a deal done? Might as well string it out until January and save 5 million in running costs?
  • Have you heard anything to suggest it could be off @nth london addick or is that a guess?
  • No one knows a thing, it’s all speculation. Sick of it all.
  • Nothing at all I just can not see it ending well but don’t believe it’s an EFL issue I don’t believe it’s a paperwork issue

This is purely a money issue

And the longer it goes on the more we will suffer

The longer it goes on the more likely investment in the consortium could be pulled

And two shit chalets will just not give over a decent playing budget will sell anything that has value so that he is not funding the losses himself

We are past who blinks first this is worse than that

Really don't think this is a money issue, in the 'they haven't got the cash' sense. If they don't want to pay Roland's £7m for him, who could blame them, not that it's necessarily about that either.
  • edited July 2018
    I have assumed there will be no deal for a while now.
    I think it is because Duchatelet is totally vindictive and greedy.
    The choices are to put up with it, give up altogether, resist and fight back in as creative and nasty way as possible, or get rich and buy the club.
    There is one other circumstance that changes the story, sustained footballing success in terms of wins, points, and league position.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!