Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

He could have done that months ago. He hasn't.

We've also heard on here that the Consortium haven't approached the debenture holders.

I would certainly advice them to at least investigate what any potential liability may be coming our way. Wouldn't you?

We've heard a lot of things on here, many contradictory from the same individuals.

The regime said last week that the old directors issue has been resolved but no one with links to them is prepared or able to confirm or deny that.
    If it had been resolved I am sure that the news would have been shared in some form or other i would suggest that the fact it hasn’t.

It’s not what Two shit chalets should do to resolve it

That ship has sailed , it’s about what others can do about it and the others are the potential new owners

And why they are prepared to allow this shit show to take us into the season with no players no mgmt team and no ideas

Certainly not the behaviour of people that made it very clear with what I called WWE style sound bites looking for very easy cheers and support
    not by the Aussies
  • Options
    It is RD responsibility I said that posts ago

My question is why would the people apparently willing to buy because the fan base was a huge pull are willing to allow the fan base to suffer when the problem can be resolved without anyone spending any money on clearing the debt until we reach the prem when by that time the club will be so cash rich paying 7 mil will be like finding 20 quid down the sofa to those that would have to pay it
  • Options

I think we're fucked !!!!

I think your right
  • Options

Addickted said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Both sides are taking the f@cking piss and can both do one

Top idea. Let’s stick with Roland then.
    Let's say I've got it wrong then and the Aussies are offering half the 7 million surely there comes a point when the Aussies walk away.
    As I see the situation if Roland sells to the Aussies halfway through September I will be very surprised if we were to be in the mix come January, meaning the the Aussies have funded us for a season for nothing.
    would be nice if those buying us maybe approached those owed and asked what they may want instead of waiting for some old bstd who gives no shits about anything to do it
    Exactly.

And from as far as I've read, they haven't approached them at any stage. Why is that if they're so keen to get the deal done?
    This was basically along the lines of what I was trying to say the other day on here and got lambasted from all directions.

First rule of the take over thread - don't question the take over
    What makes it worse, is that I think it was actually me who lambasted you Rob.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Both sides are taking the f@cking piss and can both do one

Top idea. Let’s stick with Roland then.
    Let's say I've got it wrong then and the Aussies are offering half the 7 million surely there comes a point when the Aussies walk away.
    As I see the situation if Roland sells to the Aussies halfway through September I will be very surprised if we were to be in the mix come January, meaning the the Aussies have funded us for a season for nothing.
    Pretty sure they'd just answer that they're in this for the long term. Doesn't help us who've already had to endure two seasons of league one hell.

As a wannabe glasshalffull I'd argue that in Bowyer we trust, and with Lyle Taylor, Rohan Ince and the Pratley fella (plus a triallist or two who looked good v Dulwich but whose names I've forgotten) we might actually be stronger than last season. Barring injuries of course.
    I'm sure we'll be in the mix come January.
    I'm still hoping for the sale to be concluded next week. 'Hoping'.
    See you in the Swan.
    Sorry, amigo, GHF is already taken ....
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

It is RD responsibility I said that posts ago

My question is why would the people apparently willing to buy because the fan base was a huge pull are willing to allow the fan base to suffer when the problem can be resolved without anyone spending any money on clearing the debt until we reach the prem when by that time the club will be so cash rich paying 7 mil will be like finding 20 quid down the sofa to those that would have to pay it

Cause Roland wants that money up front now. On top of the price already agreed. If/when The Premiership money is regained then it's pocket change. But if you agreed a price then the seller decides to add seven million pounds in top then only a fool would agree to that. The Ozzies have no reason to want this dragging on, if they could defer or delay the payment they would. The problem is RD, just like it had always been.

But this is not RD wanting 7 mil more

It’s about the Aussies wanting a clear title

Which would mean RD would have to find 7 mil which he is not seemingly willing to do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Posted this a few weeks ago:

"I'm another one who doesn't get the negativity being thrown at the Aussies (who, can I remind everyone, are our only possible saviours from the Belgian nightmare that we continue to endure)….

RD: Okay chaps, I've made a proper mess of this footy business and thrown a ton of cash down the shitter, but I don't want to take responsibility for my actions, my narcissism simply won't allow it. So, I'd like you to reimburse me in full for all my losses, plus I'd also like to you to chuck in a bit more just to puff up my ego a bit so that I can continue to pretend to myself that I haven't failed. Deal?

Team Oz: Erm, OK, if it gets you gone, let's do it.

RD: Oh, and by the way, because I was too tight and stupid to do proper DD, I also screwed up on that and didn't realise there was an additional chunk of debt owed to ex Directors, so I'd like you to pay that off as well. Ok?

Team Oz: Well, you were taking the piss with your price in the first place, but now you want us to bend over as well. Are you insane? Everyone has their limits - your mistake, you pay for it. Keep losing cash and come back to us when you return to your senses.

RD: I can't believe you would hold up the deal like that - why won't you pay? Don't you have the money? If you don't pony up the cash, then I'll just sell to the British consortium that my friend Richard has assured me are waiting in the wings and in the meantime I'll tell everyone that you are skint and that's the reason the deal can't proceed. Richard!

Team Oz: FFS

Why should Team Oz go along with RD's delusion and goalpost shifting? He bought the club for a knockdown price, and because of his fuckwittery, it is now worth a fraction of that. He needs to get his head into the real world and then a deal can happen.

Just my point of view folks "

My assessment of the situation has not changed. It looks like RD's colossal ego means that he won't budge. Why would we expect the Aussies to give in in to the delusional shitweasel and pay even more over the odds than they stand to already, just because RD is an egotist who appears to live in an alternate universe where failure and incompetence is rewarded? I really don't see why they should, tbh.

So, we have a stalemate and neither side will blink. We have had interest from at least one bidder who is swimming in cash and they weren't willing to effectively humiliate themselves by paying RD's delusional price, so I cannot see anyone else coming in and agreeing to his terms now or ever. So, it is the Aussie bid or no-one (I don't believe the so called British bid exists, because otherwise they would be our owners now given the failure of RD and the Aussies to conclude the deal). How long before they walk too and we are left to wither and die under RD's continued ownership? Right now, that seems the likeliest outcome and it is very worrying indeed - in fact, once again, we could find our very existence under threat.

Don't blame the Aussies. Blame RD and his facilitators because they have led us to this situation. However, what, if anything, we as fans should do in response is the question and I, for one, am not sure what the answer is.....

That’s very good. Let’s hope we one day find out how accurate it is.
  • Options
    Serious question.

Nightmare scenario. Impasse is not resolved and Duchatelet remains owner. Aussie interest finishes.

Where do we go financially from here ? RD isn’t going to put us into administration and will he really let us slide into oblivion and see his investment disappear ?

Could the football club be in real jeopardy.

I really don’t know what to think.

• Options

Serious question.

Nightmare scenario. Impasse is not resolved and Duchatelet remains owner. Aussie interest finishes.

Where do we go financially from here ? RD isn’t going to put us into administration and will he really let us slide into oblivion and see his investment disappear ?

We are f@cked
  • Options

Serious question.

Varney to pick it up for a £ sometime around Xmas.
  • Options

Serious question.

I think my point really is that we know that can’t happen.
  • Options

We are just having the same debate that we had two weeks ago, that we had four weeks ago, 6 weeks ago, 3 months ago....

You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • Options

We are just having the same debate that we had two weeks ago, that we had four weeks ago, 6 weeks ago, 3 months ago....

True

Even the fish puns are repeating themselves
  • Options

Serious question.

As you rightly say RD won't put us in administration so if the Aussies do pull out where will that leave us.

Honestly I don't have a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Serious question.

As you rightly say RD won't put us in administration so if the Aussies do pull out where will that leave us.

Stuck in the Third Division, still arguing amongst ourselves.

And perhaps a trip to Belgium.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Serious question.

I think my point really is that we know that can’t happen.

Serious question.

Honestly I don't have a clue.
    I wouldn’t put anything past him.

It may even make business sense, if he can put us into admin and get 25p in the £1 that could be better than fronting £1M a month losses indefinitely.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

The 5 year plan, will have a massive wasted first the way this is going, so a 4 year plan from League 2 is going to be a horror show

Even the Jimmy Seed didn't get promoted in his first season.

But don't rule it out next season.
    Getting out of League 2 at the first attempt would be the basic requirement
  • Options
    Belgian's are difficult people to do deals with! My mother used to work high up at Toyota UK and she told me that they are the most difficult people! Very arrogant know it alls! She said they where the worst people she's met and some deals with during her time at Toyota! I'm know not all Belgian's all like that coz we have had holidays in Oste end(spelling) and Brugge and the people were nice so it much be a business thing!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

The 5 year plan, will have a massive wasted first the way this is going, so a 4 year plan from League 2 is going to be a horror show

I’ve just been cheered up by a visit to the transfer thread. It might be easier for Bowyer to sell the Aussies to potential players, than it was to sell Roland?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

JamesSeed said:

Rothko said:

I’ve just been cheered up by a visit to the transfer thread. It might be easier for Bowyer to sell the Aussies to potential players, than it was to sell Roland?
    Are the Aussies going to complete with enough time before August 8th? Because otherwise this point is moot, unless you’re talking about the League 2 promotion push?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

I think the main question is if, and it is a big if, Roland has walked are the Aussies ready to step in and get their wallets out because they seem reluctant up to now.

What brings you to say that they're reluctant to "get their wallets out"? Is it simply that the sale hasn't yet been completed? (In which case you could say that about any of the supposed "number" of consortia that have been in talks). Or do you have information that indicates that a price has been agreed, all legal issues have been finalised and the only hold up is that the Aussie consortium has refused to complete the agreed deal?
    No insider info Chizz, just a gut feeling. If Muir was asking me to be one of the investors my two main questions would be what is the risk & when will I see a return on my money.

He must be struggling to answer those questions at the moment looking at the state of the club and sadly things appear to be getting worse by the week if the rumours are to be believed.

Sorry, but this just way off the mark. The current state of the club has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    Good then I am happy to be proved wrong. I am sure all will be revealed one day James so we can all see for ourselves what has really gone on instead of all the "in the know" gossip.
    Sorry, didn’t mean to sound snappy.
    I’m very keen not to be seen as ITK and always pass on anything I get from GM that’s appropriate. I’ve today asked for a hint about timescale, but doubt very much that I’ll get one.
    WIOTOS, unfortunately.
    Did you get any response @JamesSeed ?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    The bit I don't understand is £7million is small change to both parties. RD is into this by about £70million, the buyer needs to have £200million minimum to invest.

Also if there is a buyer that's prepared to pay circa £35ish million now they won't pay anywhere near that for a league 2 team and RD must know that?

I was going to say that RD should be trying to sell NOW, as the business could reduduce in value at a 12 million cost over the next 12 months.

It stinks it really does.
  • Options
    Other clubs get sold quicker and more expensive.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!