Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Stig said:

...No takeover in the next 10 days & 2018/19 will be over before it starts.

I think it's already over. Even if the Aussies have done their homework and identified their targets, and even if they've been really proactive, spoken to them about their plans this sale (if it happens) is coming too late. The best players will have already been snapped up or at least wooed, by competitors who are more ready than us. I usually consider myself to be an optimistic person, but I can't help but think this season is going to be a disaster. I think CARD's call to boycott is the biggest favour they could possibly do for Charlton fans. Anyone who is undecided should listen to them. It'll save a lot of pain.
    That reminds me...

Must ask my GP to double my prescription of Happy Pills.
    Was that your rain dance last night Fanny causing the cricket to be postponed ?
    I needed some happy pills after that .:(
  • Options
    If we get taken over before Christmas (2018 for the avoidance of doubt!) I'll give £50 to the Upbeats if someone else will do the same if we don't.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

If we get taken over before Christmas (2018 for the avoidance of doubt!) I'll give £50 to the Upbeats if someone else will do the same if we don't.

I will do that Len if we dont
  • Options
    If the deal is not done by the time the transfer window closes the potential buyers would be justified in dropping the valuation, due to the likelihood of relegation, rather than the possibility of promotion.
  • Options

Par for the course really when you have groups and individuals owning the club with no emotional attachment... Like the spivs, like Duchatelet, like the Aussies........
    When push comes to shove and you wipe away all of the ' this is a great club with a great tradition' bollocks They really couldn't give two flying shits about the club let alone the supporters.
    "Take your medicine" as Butch Harmon would say.

Oh we all hark back to the days when a local timber merchant could pop out and buy his local club with the profit from a couple of years trading.
    That doesn’t happen any more. Get real.
  • Options

so there you have it peeps-----RD dont fecking care as its always been a soco/experiment/toy for his ego----and the "buyers" dont really care as they drive the price down and sell at sometime whenever for a profit.

and the lights go out
    and burger boy still has a job

More speculation based on nought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Both sides are taking the f@cking piss and can both do one

Top idea. Let’s stick with Roland then.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    #jimmyseed has your email inbox pinged yet with an Aussie update? I think everyone’s getting quite fraught about our club and the oncoming season and it would be quite uplifting to hear a tad of positivity from the Aussie camp.
  • Options

Its certainly not based on nowt @JamesSeed

As was always pointed out on here to me it’s easier for me say it’s not happening than it is for those saying it is however there have been dates mentioned by you and others around when it’s going to be a good week or it’s going to be done

I said the deadline for decisions was weeks ago and I have kept my powder dry since but those days are passed long time who is to blame ultimately is RD

The directors should be paid up in full or the status quo should be allowed to follow on

If the Aussies were that keen on getting this done and for the reasons that they put our club is and our fans are special all words used by the Aussies

If we were important and if we were the main reason then they would not leave us like this in the position we are in going in to the season

That is all fact and it’s all that people like GH and others are suggesting

We are either important enough to just get this done or it’s just about investment irrespective of the fans and this season because very soon this season is over

Spot on, the season is almost a write off and it's not even bloody August.

At best we get ridiculously lucky with injuries (I know, not going to happen it's already starting to mount) and come January we are no more than 10 points outside the play offs and new owners splash the cash. That's not ideal anyway and already it's looking like we are going to have to wait another 10 months or so to get excited about Charlton Athletic again.
  • Options

so there you have it peeps-----RD dont fecking care as its always been a soco/experiment/toy for his ego----and the "buyers" dont really care as they drive the price down and sell at sometime whenever for a profit.

and the lights go out

I doubt the belgian will lower the price, he'll just sit tight until someone gives him what he wants. We're fucked.
  • Options

and the lights go out

I doubt the belgian will lower the price, he'll just sit tight until someone gives him what he wants. We're fucked.
    Weren't we told months ago that the price had been agree though?
  • Options
    David Smith please stop peddling this shit. There have been statements from both sides that the price has been agreed. If there is a 2nd bidder as RD alleges, they would have spent a lot money on DD so why are they silent and not out-bidding? From someone close to the club I'd expect some more informed posts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

and the lights go out

I think it was. Multiple sources back that up. However some ITK posters have said that the price was agreed but the DD revealed the £7m hold over the assets that the previous directors hold and that RD didn't know about. Therefore the agreed price of (say) £35m that RD agreed effectively went up to £42m. I suspect the Aussies expected clean title to the club. We've heard RD made a derisory offer to the former directors to pay them off. Think there is now a wait until they resolve who swallows the £7m that was unaccounted for.
  • Options

Its certainly not based on nowt @JamesSeed

As was always pointed out on here to me it’s easier for me say it’s not happening than it is for those saying it is however there have been dates mentioned by you and others around when it’s going to be a good week or it’s going to be done

I said the deadline for decisions was weeks ago and I have kept my powder dry since but those days are passed long time who is to blame ultimately is RD

The directors should be paid up in full or the status quo should be allowed to follow on

If the Aussies were that keen on getting this done and for the reasons that they put our club is and our fans are special all words used by the Aussies
    If we were important and if we were the main reason then they would not leave us like this in the position we are in going in to the season

That is all fact and it’s all that people like GH and others are suggesting

We are either important enough to just get this done or it’s just about investment irrespective of the fans and this season because very soon this season is over

Effectively you're saying that they have the option of paying off the directors' loans, and getting the deal done sooner than will be the case if RD settles up?

Which is a fair argument, if it's the loans that are holding this up, rather than the mystery missing documents.

Unfortunately I don't know which of the two is holding things up, or whether it's something else.
  • Options

David Smith please stop peddling this shit. There have been statements from both sides that the price has been agreed. If there is a 2nd bidder as RD alleges, they would have spent a lot money on DD so why are they silent and not out-bidding? From someone close to the club I'd expect some more informed posts.

unless i am not reading davids post correctly he hasnt said the fee hasnt been agreed , i think the suggestion DS is making is to why it may not have been concluded
  • Options
    Less then two weeks before kickoff and still owned by RD.
  • Options
    I dont believe theres missing documents even by pigeon post this would have arrived by now

Its all bullshit and in the end is exploiting the good nature of charlton fans

from all sides now

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Let's say I've got it wrong then and the Aussies are offering half the 7 million surely there comes a point when the Aussies walk away.
    As I see the situation if Roland sells to the Aussies halfway through September I will be very surprised if we were to be in the mix come January, meaning the the Aussies have funded us for a season for nothing.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

and the lights go out

I think it was. Multiple sources back that up. However some ITK posters have said that the price was agreed but the DD revealed the £7m hold over the assets that the previous directors hold and that RD didn't know about. Therefore the agreed price of (say) £35m that RD agreed effectively went up to £42m. I suspect the Aussies expected clean title to the club. We've heard RD made a derisory offer to the former directors to pay them off. Think there is now a wait until they resolve who swallows the £7m that was unaccounted for.
    That seems to be the story, but I find it really hard to believe that the directors issue wasn't known about when the original price was agreed. I assume that by that time a fair amount of due diligence would already have been done anyway
  • Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

Let's say I've got it wrong then and the Aussies are offering half the 7 million surely there comes a point when the Aussies walk away.
    As I see the situation if Roland sells to the Aussies halfway through September I will be very surprised if we were to be in the mix come January, meaning the the Aussies have funded us for a season for nothing.
    would be nice if those buying us maybe approached those owed and asked what they may want instead of waiting for some old bstd who gives no shits about anything to do it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!