Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Watt

After watching Watt's 'Cameo' at Shrewsbury last night all I can say is that he makes Peter Garland look like Twiggy.

Comments

• If Tony Watt is the answer, you're asking the wrong question
  • Tony watt reminds me of Ade Edmondson
  • Last night he came on after about 70 minutes replacing the ineffective Magennis .. he should have start i m o .. he was booked just before the finish and lashed out at the ball in frustration, I am convinced he was aiming at our dugout with the intention of beheading Klueless Karl, instead the ball ended up in row zzz well behind the dugouts, typical of ol Tones finishing lately ..
    However, he would have been a better option up front than Novak who was his usual wasteful self, as hard as he worked and tried

masicat hit him?
    I can only assume Tony used foul language in front of somebody's mother.
  • edited March 2017
    I feel as though Tony Watt is like a much lower level Balotelli.

Balotelli has all the attributes to make him one of the world's best, but lacks the mentality. If he could magic a move to a club like Real Madrid where he would not feel superior to the rest he would do incredibly well. But it is when he feels he is the best player there that he loses any sort of motivation. Look at him at Euro 2012 when he had Buffon, Pirlo and co who kept his head straight as he felt inferior to them and grateful to be in the team.

Tony Watt is the same. If he could move to a lower end Prem side under a reputable manager, he would flourish. Somewhere like Newcastle.
  • dizzee said:

Balotelli has all the attributes to make him one of the world's best, but lacks the mentality. If he could magic a move to a club like Real Madrid where he would not feel superior to the rest he would do incredibly well. But it is when he feels he is the best player there that he loses any sort of motivation. Look at him at Euro 2012 when he had Buffon, Pirlo and co who kept his head straight as he felt inferior to them and grateful to be in the team.

Tony Watt is the same. If he could move to a lower end Prem side under a reputable manager, he would flourish. Somewhere like Newcastle.

The local fast food outlets and bars would flourish if he was in Newcastle. As for Watt himself, I am not so sure.
  • With his new haircut reminds me of razor ruddock.
  • Sponsored links:

And that's where the comparison ends.
  • dizzee said:

Well the Geordies are certainly a lower end Prem side, in fact a very lower end prem side :smile:

And the fact that one is a T.Watt and the other a c*nt

Haven't you seen Ruddock recently?

Haven't you seen Ruddock recently?
    No sorry, is he fat and overweight?
  • CAFCsayer said:

With his new haircut reminds me of razor ruddock.

And the fact that one is a T.Watt and the other a c*nt
    One's a T.Watt and the other a RudeDick.
  • Have to agree with dabos. Really didn't want him back but was prepared to give Watt the benefit of the doubt - my mistake. Been totally ineffective and he really isn't the type of player to help in a relegation fight.

masicat hit him?
    I would smack Watt as well. Sweaty Sock....
  • lolwray said:

if hes not training properly he shouldnt be anywhere near the squad let alone the bench

Didn't fat Karl make a big point about how he was going to have him training like a bastard and how he would know he'd been put through a proper work out if he wanted anywhere near the squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish he was in Newcastle, although I would prefer he was in outer Mongolia.
  • lolwray said:

if hes not training properly he shouldnt be anywhere near the squad let alone the bench

Didn't fat Karl make a big point about how he was going to have him training like a bastard and how he would know he'd been put through a proper work out if he wanted anywhere near the squad?
    Yeah, and about a week later Robinson said 'he's not much of a runner'... but we're paying him loads, no one will take him (presumably) and we've loaned out Ajose, so as one of 3 first team strikers he plays.
  • lolwray said:

That was before Ajose was shipped back to Swindon. After that, he had no choice to play him as there is nobody else.
  • Yes, I always thought it was a risk worth taking as if he played like he did in his first spell, he would be tearing League One defences a new one. I think Robisnon should have kept in in the side a bit more to see how it would take and I would have changed formation a little to accomodate. Not saying that would have worked - I don't know the ins and outs with the player and only see him when he plays. To me, Magennis and Watt ought to be a strong combination with their different attributes!

It is all disapointing - but sums up what being a Charlton fan at the moment is perfectly. Maybe we need less risks and more certainties. But we won't get them with this owner in charge.
  • If Tony Watt is the answer, you're asking the wrong question

People who have songs sung by Thai children?

Actually yes that is a wrong question.
  • What a waste of his talent, seeing the overweight and unfit Watt making no impression today, other than a couple of stupid fouls was pitiful really.

If anything, he now looks LESS fit than he was in January.
  • Considering both Igor and Watt had a superb purple patch over 3 months it's amazing how Watt is so highly reverd over Igor.
    If you've been turfed out of the club that you support, that you still wear the shin pads off for a complete lack of interest how on earth can we rely on him?!?