Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    Hear he likes a flaming sambuca (*warning, fake news alert, fake news alert*)
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

Watt comes from a very poor part of Glasgow and assume he's not had the greatest upbringing in life.
    He should use that as motivation to progress in football but sadly hasn't. In reality he doesn't have the common sense or brains to realise this.
    Very sad.

Sorry, I'm confused now. Are you suggesting that there are parts of Glasgow that aren't poor?

Anyway, for those not at Northampton, Watt practising his shooting (and I use the phrase "practising his shooting" very loosely indeed) was the highlight of the day. The Charlton supporters behind the practice goal were in hysterics waiting for him to hit the back of the net. And this was after Dillon Phillips had vacated the goal. A big ironic cheer when he managed to actually roll one in.
    A. Total. Waste. Of. Space.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

IT_Andy said:

Watt comes from a very poor part of Glasgow and assume he's not had the greatest upbringing in life.
    He should use that as motivation to progress in football but sadly hasn't. In reality he doesn't have the common sense or brains to realise this.
    Very sad.

Sorry, I'm confused now. Are you suggesting that there are parts of Glasgow that aren't poor?

Anyway, for those not at Northampton, Watt practising his shooting (and I use the phrase "practising his shooting" very loosely indeed) was the highlight of the day. The Charlton supporters behind the practice goal were in hysterics waiting for him to hit the back of the net. And this was after Dillon Phillips had vacated the goal. A big ironic cheer when he managed to actually roll one in.
    Not surprised having seen him on that Soccer AM shooting thing a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cafcfan said:

IT_Andy said:

Very sad.

Yes there are parts of Glasgow that arent poor but that wasn't really my main point.

After reading what you said about shooting practice it reminded me watching of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, doing the very same thing.

When I see a players doing this it make you wonder how they ever get near the first team. Oh, just thought about it, all of our forwards are struggling to score goals.
  • Options
    Play him in the under 23's today I don't care that we have a game tomorrow
  • Options

Doing so might actually make him fitter. On second thoughts probably not.

• Options

He'd only sulk, wobble around the pitch and almost certainly get a red card for a stupid tackle and that would then rule him of our next three first-team games. So, yes, let's play him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Regardless of Robinson's influence or lack of it, Watt's been under more than enough managers and not settled down.

To be honest, it's a shame with his talent (I mean - he's no Bergkamp, but he's decent) but the main thing for me is that once you've lost that natural teenage athleticism and you have to work for it, I can't ever really see him ever doing that. He's early-mid 20s now... imagine him at 30.

He's got that winning goal against Barcelona to tell the grand-kids about and a wad of RD's cash in his back pocket. Fair enough, he's done better than most of us.
  • Options
    Tony Watt is like George Best minus the career and the talent. People will still be making excuses for him when he's 90.

I remember those who claimed he'd do great things in L1.....
  • Options
    Talent will only get you so far, character will take you to the finishing line. Watt, I fear, will never reach that goal as he has become far too comfortable in his own mediocrity.
  • Options
    The fact that he shouldn't starting for our struggling League One side says it all.
  • Options
    I would imagine that he's poison in the dressing room too, I'd stick him in the reserves until his contract expires.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Was listening to a recording from yesterday's Charlton Live and Tom or Louis commented on Tony coming out for a warm down, after the Shrewsbury game singing and doing a little skip.
    Hardly a time to be happy, so maybe he doesn't care any more or mentally not right.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I can't remember which thread it was on, but Watt tweeting pictures of Tex & Bauer on their phones before the Northampton game, appears that he is totally taking the piss out of Robinson.

I say this on the rumour that KR lost the plot because of those 2 and in particular Tex on his phone, showing his team mates who he was signing for next season, prior to last Saturday's game, I think. (I'm losing track with all the defeats).

If I've got this wrong then I apologise to Watt, but I'm surprised there's hardly any comment.
  • Options
    At the U23 game today I hears something.
    Not earth shattering, or at all surprising.
    I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

At the U23 game today I hears something.
    Not earth shattering, or at all surprising.
    I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.

As you say, no surprise ...bloody disappointing though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He probably thought he was the messiah and better than everyone else the way everybody was cheering like we'd won a trophy when he came back.
  • Options
    There's only so long he can live on the reputation of a goal for Celtic
  • Options
    He's a cancer get rid of him
  • Options

Talent will only get you so far, character will take you to the finishing line. Watt, I fear, will never reach that goal as he has become far too comfortable in his own mediocrity.

Absolutely. I'm of the opinion that there isn't a huge gulf in ability between decent players in each division. What pushes those on who have some ability is work ethic and mental toughness. Unfortunately Tony just doesn't seem to have either of those and doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. I was shocked that quite a few people actually thought it would be different this time.
  • Options

I would imagine that he's poison in the dressing room too, I'd stick him in the reserves until his contract expires.

That's unfair on the under 23's squad! Send him to Coventry! Oh!
  • Options
    i miss colin
  • Options
    Magennis and Watt, there's a huge correlation in the two of them being in the squad together and our, and Magennis' form
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Magennis and Watt, there's a huge correlation in the two of them being in the squad together and our, and Magennis' form

This, always considered this element, Watt is a huge Celtic fan, I predict of Irish/Catholic descent, Magennis from Northern Ireland, and judging by his tweets, a religious man, possibly of Protestant descent, doesn't surprise me that they may clash personally, Your football team and religion play huge parts in your life in Glasgow and N.I.