Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2017
    That penalty has put him back in my good books.
  • Options
    balls
  • Options
    i love tony watt
  • Options
    Marmite character, love him or hate him but you can't knock him on this occasion at least he had the bottle to step up and take the pen. Had he missed he would well and truly been finished with those that still have a soft spot for him. Well done Tony enjoy the moment, now buckle down for he rest of the season.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

sam3110 said:

Magennis and Watt, there's a huge correlation in the two of them being in the squad together and our, and Magennis' form

This, always considered this element, Watt is a huge Celtic fan, I predict of Irish/Catholic descent, Magennis from Northern Ireland, and judging by his tweets, a religious man, possibly of Protestant descent, doesn't surprise me that they may clash personally, Your football team and religion play huge parts in your life in Glasgow and N.I.
    If religion was playing a part in this I would guess it was against watt.

• Options
    Credit to him for taking the penalty and scoring. Minus points for being knackered after his first run, for not closing down and for getting booked needlessly for the 4th time in 5 games. At that rate he won't even be able to take a place on the bench soon.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Is he on the gear there or what?

No I think it's a lucozade body rejuvenating tablet he's chewing for all the effort he put in tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought I was watching Trainspotting.

How very apt
  • Options
    Hmmm.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

At the U23 game today I hears something.
    Not earth shattering, or at all surprising.
    I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but given he hasn't been playing, does Watt actively undermine the manager? Or would you rather not say?
    I would rather not say out loud in writing what I heard yesterday, you'll have to make do with the way I have expressed things.
  • Options

Please don't try and claim a penalty puts him back in the good books...

...and wasn't it quite the proportional celebration too, in 'Jackson corner' no less?
  • Options
    I thought when he first came back he looked committed and up for it. Didn't get the breaks and was dropped. From what I saw, maybe a bit unfairly.

Recently though he looks like he has been on a pie fest again and needs to lose some.

Handy for getting all his weight behind that good pen though!
  • Options

seth plum said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but given he hasn't been playing, does Watt actively undermine the manager? Or would you rather not say?
    I would rather not say out loud in writing what I heard yesterday, you'll have to make do with the way I have expressed things.
    Yawn.

Just say what you think/heard or just don't say anything at all. It's embarrassing when fans spout off about what they heard about a player, but then don't bother to back it up with any substance or facts.

For the record, I know nothing about Tony Watt, but even though I've defended him whole heartedly before I thought today he looked heavy and slow and over celebrated his peno.
    Or, maybe, bringing something to air publicly would be detrimental all round? I have heard what was said to Seth, and who his source was, and I promise you that it's 1) legit; and 2) something best mentioned in private, then maaaaaybe "leaked" in some way.

And Watt can still do one despite the penalty. He looks fat, unfit, and lazy, and was outpaced by a centre back who'd played the entire match. Joke of a celebration, too.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Yawn.

Just say what you think/heard or just don't say anything at all. It's embarrassing when fans spout off about what they heard about a player, but then don't bother to back it up with any substance or facts.

For the record, I know nothing about Tony Watt, but even though I've defended him whole heartedly before I thought today he looked heavy and slow and over celebrated his peno.
    Or, maybe, bringing something to air publicly would be detrimental all round? I have heard what was said to Seth, and who his source was, and I promise you that it's 1) legit; and 2) something best mentioned in private, then maaaaaybe "leaked" in some way.

And Watt can still do one despite the penalty. He looks fat, unfit, and lazy, and was outpaced by a centre back who'd played the entire match. Joke of a celebration, too.
    So if bringing it to air publicly is detrimental why mention it at all?

Especially on the Charlton Life forums?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

Yawn.

So if bringing it to air publicly is detrimental why mention it at all?

Especially on the Charlton Life forums?
    I might be wrong here, but I also know that Seth comments on here all the time and I think might be perceived as a "credible" source. So, if he says something that - while ambiguous - does indeed make sense (i.e. to paraphrase, "Watt is disruptive and that's not just hearsay, someone [at the club/friendly with the staff/etc] has told me"), but he doesn't want to breach confidence, then I don't see too much wrong with mentioning it in the way he has.
    Agreed. Seth is very trustworthy, and rightly careful about what he says. What he shares and doesn't is entirely up to him.

The notion that Tony Watt can be disruptive has long been floated, and not just during his time at Charlton. Seth saying "those rumours are not unfounded" is helpful, to me at least.
  • Options
    Hopefully tonights winner he can get his mojo back as he's definitely lost something.

Time to knuckle down Tony
  • Options
    Honestly I really respect and admire Steth as a Charlton fan, and I imagine he has contributed a fair lot more to this club then I have ever managed. It just really irks me when fans mention in a really ambiguous way that have some 'in the know' information about a certain player but then never bother to expand on it. I personally don't belive it is productive for fans of player alike for unsubstantiated rumours to flying about in a popular fan forum - just either 'spell it out in black or white' or don't bother mentioning it at all.

For instance I have heard some really interesting information about Kashi from sources which I believe are very credible, but as I cannot verify the rumours personally myself I've never bothered to mention them.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's still on an adrenaline high from scoring the winner, bit he looks a bit twitchy in that interview.
  • Options

Honestly I really respect and admire Steth as a Charlton fan, and I imagine he has contributed a fair lot more to this club then I have ever managed. It just really irks me when fans mention in a really ambiguous way that have some 'in the know' information about a certain player but then never bother to expand on it. I personally don't belive it is productive for fans of player alike for unsubstantiated rumours to flying about in a popular fan forum - just either 'spell it out in black or white' or don't bother mentioning it at all.

For instance I have heard some really interesting information about Kashi from sources which I believe are very credible, but as I cannot verify the rumours personally myself I've never bothered to mention them.

you absolute cock tease!
  • Options

you absolute cock tease!
    The rumour is that he never actually existed. He was just a figure of all of our imaginations.