Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    I've been screaming it from the hilltops. GET RID.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited March 2017

Magennis has played plenty of poor games without any involvement from Watt. No help either.

Don't think religion would be a factor especially as Josh plays in the mixed NI side.

We can blame Watt for his own poor form but not for that of others. Not doubting that Watt isn't what we need but he'll be blamed for Corbyn/Brexit next.

It was a factor for Neil Lennon, sure it works the other way too, it could well be a factor to dressing room atmosphere between the two.
    Of course, nobody has proof of this, but it can't be dismissed as a possibility.
  • Options
    When Watt comes on in the 93rd minute tonight to rescue the game he'll still get a rousing welcome from the 292 fans left in the ground.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Magennis has played plenty of poor games without any involvement from Watt. No help either.

Don't think religion would be a factor especially as Josh plays in the mixed NI side.

We can blame Watt for his own poor form but not for that of others. Not doubting that Watt isn't what we need but he'll be blamed for Corbyn/Brexit next.

It was a factor for Neil Lennon, sure it works the other way too, it could well be a factor to dressing room atmosphere between the two.
    Of course, nobody has proof of this, but it can't be dismissed as a possibility.
    There was also speculation that our Israeli international Talal Ben Haim would struggle to play with our Iranian 'superstar' Reza - that was complete bollocks too.

The reason Watt is shite for us is the same reason Reza was shite for us - they are shite footballers that nobody but a clusterfuck club like Charlton would give the time of day to.

Watt has pissed off and let people down his whole career, religion has fuck all to do with it.
    I never said it was fact, but it's still a possibility that can't be dismissed, Watt is clearly marmite in the dressing room, banter, casual comments (too us) may have caused disharmony.
  • Options
    Watt had a great start to last season, was scoring goals and looking dangerous, before getting injured. Seems to me that in our present state, we are exactly what a player like Watt doesn't need. Likewise Watt is just the kind of character that we don't need to dig us out of this mess. Watt needs discipline, stability, support, success and many other things that we cannot currently provide. I don't doubt his footballing ability, but suspect that his head needs to be in just the right place in order to perform. I think he's as disillusioned as the rest of them, very difficult to perform to the best of your ability in such circumstances.
  • Options
    Halve as talented as he thinks, hope we get rid asap
  • Options
    That's purely speculation about it being down to catholic/Protestant disagreements. Really cannot see that myself.

I think Watt just rubs most people up the wrong way and as some have already said, at the moment he is the last person we want in the dressing room.

Mageniss is in shockingly bad form like most of the team.

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 re religious beliefs.
  • Options
    Don't understand why he still makes the squad if he's such a bad influence. It's not difficult Knobo, if a player is disruptive/not putting the effort in, don't pick them at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

Don't understand why he still makes the squad if he's such a bad influence. It's not difficult Knobo, if a player is disruptive/not putting the effort in, don't pick them at all.

If he can't pick players not putting the effort in, I'd have some sympathy for him achieving a line up of 11...

Another benefit of the Roland small squad
  • Options

That's purely speculation about it being down to catholic/Protestant disagreements. Really cannot see that myself.

I think Watt just rubs most people up the wrong way and as some have already said, at the moment he is the last person we want in the dressing room.

Mageniss is in shockingly bad form like most of the team.

Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 6 re religious beliefs.

Like I said, I have no proof, just a theory to throw out there, and this whole forums beating heart is speculation.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Talal said:

If he can't pick players not putting the effort in, I'd have some sympathy for him achieving a line up of 11...

Another benefit of the Roland small squad
    I'd rather see kids being picked than players who don't wanna be here. Roland probably wouldn't mind that though.
  • Options
    Sending virtually all our young strikers out on loan doesn't help

Can we recall Hanlon from Bromley?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

There was also speculation that our Israeli international Talal Ben Haim would struggle to play with our Iranian 'superstar' Reza - that was complete bollocks too.

The reason Watt is shite for us is the same reason Reza was shite for us - they are shite footballers that nobody but a clusterfuck club like Charlton would give the time of day to.

Watt has pissed off and let people down his whole career, religion has fuck all to do with it.
    I never said it was fact, but it's still a possibility that can't be dismissed, Watt is clearly marmite in the dressing room, banter, casual comments (too us) may have caused disharmony.
    It could be that Mageniss doesn't like people called Tony, it could be he doesn't like Scottish people, it could be he doesn't like Tony's face, it could be that their style's just don't suit each other, it could be that Tony is a prick. We could speculate millions of reasons and still be nowhere near the truth. Who is to say there is a problem between them at all?

However, to speculate that they don't get on because of religious reasons is getting close to the mark and doesn't really help anyone. Unless you have proof of this it's best just not to say anything at all.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

It could be that Mageniss doesn't like people called Tony, it could be he doesn't like Scottish people, it could be he doesn't like Tony's face, it could be that their style's just don't suit each other, it could be that Tony is a prick. We could speculate millions of reasons and still be nowhere near the truth. Who is to say there is a problem between them at all?

However, to speculate that they don't get on because of religious reasons is getting close to the mark and doesn't really help anyone. Unless you have proof of this it's best just not to say anything at all.
    I have used the words speculation and theory, and myself & admin will be the arbiters of what I can and can't post on this forum, not you, or anyone else.
  • Options
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

We were terrible when watt was in Scotland
    We've been terrible when watt was not in Scotland
    We've been terrible when watt was on the bench
    We've been terrible when watt has not been on the bench
    We've been terrible when watt has been in the team
    We've been terrible when watt has not been in the team

I don't think watt is the problem

What?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2017
    DA9 said:

sam3110 said:

Magennis and Watt, there's a huge correlation in the two of them being in the squad together and our, and Magennis' form

This, always considered this element, Watt is a huge Celtic fan, I predict of Irish/Catholic descent, Magennis from Northern Ireland, and judging by his tweets, a religious man, possibly of Protestant descent, doesn't surprise me that they may clash personally, Your football team and religion play huge parts in your life in Glasgow and N.I.
    I think we should test your theory by looking for painted kerb stones next to their car parking spaces :wink:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

At the U23 game today I hears something.
    Not earth shattering, or at all surprising.
    I don't want to be explicit, beyond saying the downturn in the form of the team, and one player in particular, has not been because Tony Watt is a bringer of peace and harmony.

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but given he hasn't been playing, does Watt actively undermine the manager? Or would you rather not say?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Can't help but think Magennis is this season's Vetokele.

Forced to play when unfit and injured and hence ineffective.

He has not been the same since his injury against Millwall.

Rushed back from injury because the options are woefully ineffective.
  • Options
    I would have given him a run - not dropped him, played him dropped him - but hey ho.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Roland picks the team. And Roland wants him in the shop window so he can sell him.
  • Options
  • Options
    Please don't try and claim a penalty puts him back in the good books...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Credit where it's due for stepping up tonight. With Holmes off the pitch and Ajose on loan, there weren't a lot of options. I was terrified Jacko was going to to be the leader he is and take it but miss again. Then I was just terrified Watt would miss, but he didn't so well played Tony. Now effin' build on it and fire us out of this mess.
  • Options
    Love you Tony <3