Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Options
    T.C.E said:

I was thinking more of damage to clothing if Arsenetatters chucks up over me ;-))

Talking of clothing. Is there a dress code for the over 25s? I'd hate to offend the CL Fashion guru's. ;)
    I was thinking, a pair of M&S chino's (cream in colour) maybe with a small turn up. A pair of suede slip on shoes (hush puppies?) A V neck sweater (think former manager) and a nice walking jacket to fit all my useful bits and bobs, like the emergency sewing kit and the shower cap I'm going to steal from the hotel. :)
    yours in anticipation.
    Really Old Bloke.
    Dont forget a pencil case for nicknacks.
  • Options

Looking at that weather forecast, you'll need a raincoat too @TCE. Then you'll be dodgy old bloke...

I've a selection of those. ;)
  • Options

I've just remembered how much I hate travelling across sea. I've been on various boats and ships and have never actually been sick but am paralysed by fear. Ex-husband no. 2 liked to sail and had to set up his boat to sail singlehanded as I was completely useless. We once crossed the channel in a pretty flat sea but I spent all 14 hours inside the bunk - I didn't even leave the bunk to go to the loo but held on. So it has just struck me that we will be travelling by ferry on Saturday. Bugger. If you see a very anxious person on the deck looking at the horizon (I understand that's meant to help) - it's me. Please come and say hello.

A glass of wine will take away your fears :) well, it does mine!
  • Options
    TCE , I will have with me a selection of bang on trend items with me on the overnight coach. Including Roland Out hoodies , ' KM WRONG UN ' t-shirts and Roland Out pin badges. You will look the part in any of these.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

I was thinking more of damage to clothing if Arsenetatters chucks up over me ;-))

Talking of clothing. Is there a dress code for the over 25s? I'd hate to offend the CL Fashion guru's. ;)
    I was thinking, a pair of M&S chino's (cream in colour) maybe with a small turn up. A pair of suede slip on shoes (hush puppies?) A V neck sweater (think former manager) and a nice walking jacket to fit all my useful bits and bobs, like the emergency sewing kit and the shower cap I'm going to steal from the hotel. :)
    yours in anticipation.
    Really Old Bloke.
    You should have received this with your information pack :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B5yXdJqpzQ
  • Options

T.C.E said:

yours in anticipation.
    Really Old Bloke.
    You should have received this with your information pack :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B5yXdJqpzQ
    Cheers for that, just need to buy a brolly and thats me all set. ;)
  • Options
    Just want to wish everyone the best of luck. Stay safe and show them that we are a club not a cloob.
    It's all been brilliantly organised and I know it will be a great success. Immensely proud of what you are all doing.
    My circumstances been it's not possible for me to join you. Although I'll happily share reports through social media etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old Charlton taking the pis.
  • Options

Good luck all those travelling to Belgium. A big thank you from me for trying to save our great club. Give him hell.

same here from me and Baldybonce JNR.
  • Options

Big regret for me is that i am going to Northampton and not Belgium, but I had already committed before Belgium was announced.
    But i will protest in Northampton as loudly as i can and will be with you all in spirit.
    Good luck everyone and let's hope it encourages Roland to sell up sooner rather than later

We need fans to support the team too. A good luck in Belgium song or similar might be a good idea in case the club wants to claim most of the fans going to Northampton are not with us!
    No problem: )
  • Options
    From the other thread

For those traitors with me in Northampton, to the tune of 'we are Charlton/super Charlton'

Theyve gone to Belgium
    Gone to Belgium
    Gone to Belgium for Duchatelet
    Cards in Belgium
    Protest in Belgium
    Goodbye Miere & ..... Duchatelet......

Best I could do after 10 hours at work......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    slag off the norwegians but take one of their raincoats for the monsoon like conditions we will encounter
  • Options

slag off the norwegians but take one of their raincoats for the monsoon like conditions we will encounter

They are pessimists. If you had their weather, you'd be pessimistic too. That's actually the idea behind their gear. Built to celebrate the worst.

I'm still expecting the rain will clear and I will look very silly in that coat while you will doubtless be wearing a protest tee-shirt and shades.

• Options
    I'm a pessimist , so will be wrapped up as well !
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    BBC has Brussels and Maastricht down as light rain or possibly dry until 7pm. St Truiden is between the two and they are the closest cities with a BBC forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/u1514zps6#?fcTime=1488585600
  • Options
    Not thought about the sea crossing. I once got seasick on the pedalo in Greenwich Park so I had better dig out the wristbands.

If anyone is heading over to Charlton from Lewisham on Saturday morning do you want to share a cab or something? PM me, trains look rubbish at that time of day
  • Options
    Just happened to be looking at the P and O ferry website and at the moment crossings are delayed up to 150 mins. Doesn't say why but I assume tricky seas
  • Options

BBC has Brussels and Maastricht down as light rain or possibly dry until 7pm. St Truiden is between the two and they are the closest cities with a BBC forecast.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/u1514zps6#?fcTime=1488585600

I reckon RD has "incentivised" the apps to big up the rain. Fake news. The BBC is made of sterner stuff.