Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Options
    This link is for europe-wide rain radar so you can zoom in on Belgium. Might be useful.

en.meteox.com/
  • Options
    Just wanted to wish everyone luck for the weekend, I will be there in spirit.

Give him hell!

Safe travels
  • Options
    Good luck all and make it a trip to remember. History set to be written.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Just got back from picking some of the bulkier items of the2percent's equipment. The band were rehearsing, they sound great.

Roo is very very excited at his first roady experience.

Will you do requests? If so i would like "Sloop John B" as in "Home, let me go home, I wanna go home" etc etc :-)
    I'm just the roadie mate you'll have to ask the band
  • Options

It's a bit breezy outside but sounds like a hurricane from inside the house. Stuck my head out the window and realised its a practice day at Brands Hatch!

As KR would say " calm down, calm down!"
  • Options

Redrobo said:

slag off the norwegians but take one of their raincoats for the monsoon like conditions we will encounter

They are pessimists. If you had their weather, you'd be pessimistic too. That's actually the idea behind their gear. Built to celebrate the worst.

I'm still expecting the rain will clear and I will look very silly in that coat while you will doubtless be wearing a protest tee-shirt and shades.

Be fair, you don't need the coat to be very silly.
    Oi!!!

You coming along?

Unfortunately not. Working.

Good friend is one of the 20 so will be getting a full report.

Good luck to you all.
  • Options
    For those worried about the crossing, I went to France on a day trip by P&O ferry yesterday. The winds in the morning were gale force and there was a lot of disruption to timetables. Despite the winds though the crossing itself was absolutely fine. These boats are massive and their stabilisers are the mutt's nuts. You'll be fine.

Good luck and thanks to all of you. "Gie it laldy" as we Scots would say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a couple of reminders from the local authorities who have been very helpful throughout.

The march will be from the Vee Markt to the close vicinity of the ground, the start point is approximately 300 metres from the Gross Markt, police and stewards/marshalls will guide people to the march start.

Charlton supporters are permitted to visit the Gross Markt as visitors to the town or tourists, use its cafes and relax, they are not permitted to protest there (as is the local law), this permission has overturned the original prohibition from entering the square. It is understood that STVV supporters have been told similar.

No pyrotechnics can be used or masks be worn during the march (good job we are not Palace Ultras).

• Options

So I put a message out asking for a lift.

Not only do I now have said left, but I received offers from fans who can't make it to Belgium but who just wanted to pitch in- somebody was genuinely willing to drag themselves out of bed at 6 am to take a fellow fan they had never met to Ebbsfleet, for a trip they can't make it, just to help out.

You people are awesome.

Up the addicks.

Likewise, I'm also being picked up by someone that can't go.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Just a couple of reminders from the local authorities who have been very helpful throughout.

The march will be from the Vee Markt to the close vicinity of the ground, the start point is approximately 300 metres from the Gross Markt, police and stewards/marshalls will guide people to the march start.

Charlton supporters are permitted to visit the Gross Markt as visitors to the town or tourists, use its cafes and relax, they are not permitted to protest there (as is the local law), this permission has overturned the original prohibition from entering the square. It is understood that STVV supporters have been told similar.

No pyrotechnics can be used or masks be worn during the march (good job we are not Palace Ultras).

I bet the local bars and cafes were straight on the mayor and chief of police saying "let them spend their money here".
  • Options

Remember dont sing "get out of our club , get out of our cluuuuub, you Belgian ...... get out of our club "

Respect the Belgian town and good people of it

Good point. Is Roland Flemish or Wallonian? We need to get this right.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Remember dont sing "get out of our club , get out of our cluuuuub, you Belgian ...... get out of our club "

Good point. Is Roland Flemish or Wallonian? We need to get this right.
    90% sure he is Flemish despite his surname looking a bit French

• Options
    Confirmed Flemish. But I think the point @oohaahmortimer was making is a valid one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From The Guardian article

A statement from the club outlines its “disappointment” that some fans are heading for Belgium and expresses thanks for the numbers travelling to Northampton. “We understand our supporters were disappointed with last season’s relegation and this season’s current league position, but it is important to stress that the club is continually investing and trying to build for the future,” a club spokesman said.

“At a time when so many clubs are facing serious financial problems it is important to make clear that Charlton Athletic is in a healthy financial position with a secure long-term future. While we recognise the right for individuals to express their feelings, we would request that anyone travelling to protest in Belgium this weekend will conduct themselves in an appropriate and respectful manner.”

Disgusting bastards.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Confirmed Flemish. But I think the point @oohaahmortimer was making is a valid one.

I totally agree. We have to sing 'You Flemish wanker' as a gesture of respect to the locals.
    That would be respect for the locals who are Flemish?!
  • Options

Uboat said:

I totally agree. We have to sing 'You Flemish wanker' as a gesture of respect to the locals.
    That would be respect for the locals who are Flemish?!
    But I know they are sensitive about all being lumped together as a homogenous group, so it would show that we appreciate their language and culture.
  • Options

But you can sing 'Get out of our Cloob, Get out of our Clooooob'
  • Options

Good luck to the Expeditionary Force including @PragueAddick creeping up behind enemy lines in a cunnng disguise. Sorry lightweights like me have to prioritise a wedding anniversary. Let's hope it's the beginning of the end.

The wedding anniversary? That's a bit harsh.
  • Options
    Looking forward to putting faces to some names on here. Safe journey to everyone going. Here's to tomorrow!