Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD ANNOUNCEMENT: Unity Protest in Sint-Truiden on Saturday, March 4th - transport provided

Comments

• Options
    Just got back from picking some of the bulkier items of the2percent's equipment. The band were rehearsing, they sound great.

Roo is very very excited at his first roady experience.
  • Options

slag off the norwegians but take one of their raincoats for the monsoon like conditions we will encounter

They are pessimists. If you had their weather, you'd be pessimistic too. That's actually the idea behind their gear. Built to celebrate the worst.

I'm still expecting the rain will clear and I will look very silly in that coat while you will doubtless be wearing a protest tee-shirt and shades.

Be fair, you don't need the coat to be very silly.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

slag off the norwegians but take one of their raincoats for the monsoon like conditions we will encounter

They are pessimists. If you had their weather, you'd be pessimistic too. That's actually the idea behind their gear. Built to celebrate the worst.

I'm still expecting the rain will clear and I will look very silly in that coat while you will doubtless be wearing a protest tee-shirt and shades.

Be fair, you don't need the coat to be very silly.
    Oi!!!

You coming along?

• Options

STVV (GRAS) warming up for this too, this is their Forum...

INVITATION
    To support our message to Duchâtelet we will meet Saturday, March 4th, 2017 at the Grand Place of Sint-Truiden at 17:45. We will protest against the current construction NV STVV - NV Stayen and calls of sporting success again be a priority, and then in a march to draw Staaien where we will continue the protests before the game against Eupen.

We can hereby confirm that will travel a large group of Charlton Athletic supporters from London to protest it. As you may know, they have been protesting for more than a year against Duchâtelet in an attempt to convince him to sell the club.

Do you remember how proud we were to cheer for the Canaries? Do you remember "Hell Staaien"? Let us return fueling the familiar fire and enthusiasm of STVV STVV and re-create a real club.

The Grand Place, is that the main town square?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually, if anyone is in Grote Markt early and looking for a place for a beer/coffee - the Bacchus bar is very nice,very cool/friendly people and might even have my Charlton scarf on show !
  • Options
    Anyone going from or through Greenhithe for the 6:45 coach tomorrow? A pick up or shared cab would be great.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    BBC weather still says light rain starting in Brussels at 6pm and heading east to Maastericht starting 9pm.
    St Truiden is in the middle, so I'd guess light rain starting at 7.30pm. Anyone's guess really whether the march will be dry or tipping it down.

Either way it won't be as bad as Yeovil, Swindon or WBA away.
  • Options
    People going from Folkestone, is there somewhere to leave the car fairly near the coach pick up point?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If we are prepared to get very wet - anything better than that will be a nice bonus!
  • Options

People going from Folkestone, is there somewhere to leave the car fairly near the coach pick up point?

Have a look at www.stop24.co.uk
    Parking costs £6 for up to 24 hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Very nice words cafckev.

It's true. Well played to each and every one of that are putting yourselves out this weekend to protest and make yourselves heard.

I'm selfishly off to Belfast to a family party with my whole family. I'm really looking forward to that but feel torn as would love to be with my fellow fans.

Well done to the organisers of every single part of this. Huge amount of effort gone into this and I know it's going to be a massive success

Safe and successful travels my fellow Addicks. Give him hell!

Looking forward to watching it all unfold.

If I wasn't going to Belgium I'd envy your trip to Belfast, it's a great city. Have a wonderful time with your family and thanks for everything you do for Charlton.
  • Options

Just got back from picking some of the bulkier items of the2percent's equipment. The band were rehearsing, they sound great.

Roo is very very excited at his first roady experience.

Will you do requests? If so i would like "Sloop John B" as in "Home, let me go home, I wanna go home" etc etc :-)
  • Options
    My weather app has become more optimistic about the Saturday morning weather in Welling. Rain should have stopped before most of us set off. @Addickted can vainly put his foot down on the M2, as the Eurostar swishes past him.
  • Options
    M20.

Will be driving very cautiously after seeing the weather - particularly the drive home on Sunday. Train may have been the sensible option.
  • Options
    Go well fellow Lifers and Addicks and thank you.
  • Options

Have a look at www.stop24.co.uk
    Parking costs £6 for up to 24 hours.
    Brill thanks!
  • Options
    Addickted said:

M20.

Will be driving very cautiously after seeing the weather - particularly the drive home on Sunday. Train may have been the sensible option.

Yes, banter aside, get yourself there and back safe and sound. It isn't a race.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Addickted said:

M20.

Still time to hire one of these mate :wink:
    Edit: For the younger fans amongst us it's an Amphicar from the 60's, check out the Black & White protest shirt which is included. :sunglasses: .
  • Options

Big regret for me is that i am going to Northampton and not Belgium, but I had already committed before Belgium was announced.
    But i will protest in Northampton as loudly as i can and will be with you all in spirit.
    Good luck everyone and let's hope it encourages Roland to sell up sooner rather than later

Same here mate. Already committed and wishing I hadn't!

Good luck to the overseas army in Belgium, hope all goes well and the weather doesn't interfere with getting the message across....and thank you for your efforts too....I salute every single one of you. COYR!!