Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Disappointing but good luck to him. Not an offer he could refuse.
  • Really not bothered at all about this one

tend to agree, the size of the squad is a little concerning but the loss of Harriot, meh
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he would have torn up this league. Shame we've let him go, but overall I don't think it's a bad move for all parties concerned - Reading get a useful squad player; we don't lose out massively except where depth is getting worrying; a lot of fans are ambivalent towards him; he gets to stay in the Championship; ... hopefully we'll spend some dosh.

Other than that last point being unlikely - not the worst transfer ever to have happened.
  • cafckev said:

He was an ok player. What gets me more is it's simply another player out. I know we wanted a new improved squad but let's try to have a squad first not 7 or 8 players

Couldn't agree more
  • No big deal him going,
  • seth plum said:

Good luck Callum.
    I know your close friend Jason Cousins has departed and it probably feels a bit strange for you at Charlton now.
    Best wishes to your young family, and I hope you have an injury free time and enjoy success at Reading.

*Jordan
  • edited August 2016
    Played all the pre season games and now gone. Thin squad again. Midfield is worrying this season and Rusty needs to issue that problem quickly
  • I'm not overly disappointed, he's flattered to deceive for us most of the time. There are other players we have who'd of put in front of him in the team/squad.

I think we are starting to see this seasons plans. We'll end up with a good 1st 11 but minimal behind that. Slade is therefore going lo look for versitle players who can cover more than 1 position. He'll bring in a few more who can cover full back and centre mid and maybe even wide.

Expect a core of 17-18 players the rest will be youngsters.

• the kevin lisbie of this era. Could've been a great player for us if he'd had a bit of confidence and not been pissed about not been given a run of games, played out of position etc.

Good luck, Callum.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

seth plum said:

Good luck Callum.
    I know your close friend Jason Cousins has departed and it probably feels a bit strange for you at Charlton now.
    Best wishes to your young family, and I hope you have an injury free time and enjoy success at Reading.

*Jordan
    oops fixed
  • Won't be missed, however good luck Callum.
  • Think he could have been really effective for us this season. Hard to know if it's a good deal for us without knowing the fee so all I can say is that our squad is weakened, again.
  • Slade knew Callum could be an asset at this level, he knew what he did for Colchester, hence why he played him in all 3 friendlies. He suits this league a lot more than the Championship. It will be a loss, not because he's a world beater but because with partnerships at this level he's an asset.

Good luck to him at Reading, the 1 in 2 out continues for us!
  • If we can't get behind teams with good interplay, then we now seemingly only have Lookman and possibly Holmes who can beat a man one on one.
    Losing Harriott, who was capable of beating a man, weakens us in my view.
  • Good luck Callum.