Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    Sad to see him leave but understand why he'd want to stay in the championship. Reading aren't a club going anywhere though. Maybe he loves Yann too.
  • Options
    If they think Foley will perk us all up they're wrong.
    Especially with the departure of Tex on the horizon.
  • Options

Poor decision unless we bring in someone better.

This, if we bring in someone to replace and improve then with CH only having a year left on his contract it will be a good move.
  • Options
    Relax, we are in talks with Kyle Reid and Lee Cook.
  • Options
    All fine selling a player, but unless you have an equal or better player as a replacement the day before you kick off the season, then it's a dim move.

Has all the attributes to be a very effective winger, but too much pace and explosion for his brain to catch up.

1 step forward 2 steps back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have been a fantastic player for us in League One
  • Options
    Not happy with this. A player that has done it in this division, and given a chance would of again this year
  • Options
    I'm led to believe that Hariott made it clear that he wanted out and that Slade's comments about only wanting players that were willing to put their body on the line was a parting shot.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, I hope reading and Qpr both go up, would be hilarious to see half our team in the premiership whilst we slip into league 2.

For once though I would like to see an actual fee rather than undisclosed!
  • Options
    Wish him well but, in my humble opinion, he has never really performed consistently well for us despite plenty of opportunities. One good game in five, I would estimate, and that just isn't good enough. I do agree with those who think we need to replace him with a creative wide-midfielder.
  • Options

I'm led to believe that Hariott made it clear that he wanted out and that Slade's comments about only wanting players that were willing to put their body on the line was a parting shot.

I am not sure that Slade was alluding to Callum on this particular one. I believe Henry has called it more correctly in that he was utilised as an asset of some financial value by the regime.
    Callum probably thought it was best to leave at the end of the season when his ordinary contract was up, his contract extension was triggered to keep him here so as to get some dosh for him. He may have faults, but I really don't see him as Tony Wattish in attitude whilst he was, as Slade would say, in the building.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sure he's glad to leave given the level of abuse he's had....
  • Options

Best thing that he went as he was yet another player that got targeted by a section of our fans and despite being a good player was never going to do right .
    He would have been great in league one.

Who to boo next eh ?

Agree with this completly. He would have ripped this Division apart and I for one am sorry he has gone
  • Options
    He couldnt even get into a team that was relegated from the Championship last season thats why we sent him on loan to Colchester. I can't see what all the fuss is about myself. Average player at best. Frustrating to watch as you know the kid had talent but he seems to make the wrong decision more often than not.

Still need a replacement of decent calibre though.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

We will be getting a better player in.

You are too steeped in football knowledge dp to mean Foley.
  • Options
    Have Reading gone nuts? I don't question Harriott's work rate or application, I think people often confuse his social media profile with his commitment and also character as an individual, but his ability isn't Champ standard.

If they want 1 flash of brilliance every 30 games, they've got the right man. I would even go as far as to say that for Harriott to perform consistently, he'd need to drop down to league 2
  • Options
    My best wishes go to Calum Harriott. I had the pleasure of him sitting at our table on the sponsors evening as few years ago. Lovely lad who I'm sure will thrive at Reading under watchful eye of Yann Kermorgant.
  • Options
    I wonder if he would have been good this year or not. All wingers bar the highest level are inconsistent but callum was even more so. He would look good for a few games and then terrible for quite a few more. People rave about his stats at colchester last year but if you remember, he was on fire to start scorin a number of goals and assists in the first six or seven games when he had a point to prove but the next 14 games he did not have production. Colchester fans were indicting that he was quite poor during that stretch and they were complaining the same way we did (I.e. Lack of effort at times, unnecessary flash). Truth of the matter is that he would have been a wildcard this year - could have been good or dreadful. The problem isn't callum going, it is how thin the squad is. I feel fairly confident that we will have a strong starting side in a couple of weeks but I have no confidence in the bench
  • Options
    When Yann was here at Charlton, Callum was a hot prospect.

It wouldn't surprise me if Yann had been asked his opinion of Harriot.
    There's no question of his ability on the ball, and Reading would see him as well worth a punt.

• Options
    Shame. I liked him despite him being so frustrating at times and feel he could have done us a decent job this season. Wish him well for the future.