Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Johnson - now Bromley's U23 manager

Comments

• Options
    You know it's the Oscars and all that? Do they have an 'Agent of the Year' award?
    Got to be Johnson's one. No contest.
    By the way I don't blame Roger for picking up his free money for not doing whatever he doesn't do, it is down to the Charlton Athletic mug regime.
  • Options
    Terrible last time he played for us - even worse now.
    Ranks up there with Llera and Doherty.
  • Options
    I would prefer Charlton to play a set of patio furniture at centre half rather than Roger Johnson. It would be cheaper, better looking and more effective at defending corners.

The sooner he buggers off back to that hotbed of football, the Indian Super League, the better. Of course, we will be stuck with him for the full 18 months. Awesome job, Katrien
  • Options
    Who sanctioned the re-signing of Johnson? Someone must be accountable, aside from Squirrel Face. Someone actually thought this was a good idea, but based on what?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Who sanctioned the re-signing of Johnson? Someone must be accountable, aside from Squirrel Face. Someone actually thought this was a good idea, but based on what?

Surely it was super scout Carol frère's idea?
  • Options
    He is diabolically bad, I mean catastrophically bad, I mean apoplectically bad!

Someone in training needs to nobble him and take the 2 weeks wages hit, maybe someone like Naby Sarr or Lennon
  • Options
    I've no doubt that he will even get shown up in league one next season.
  • Options
    I sense another contract termination forthcoming!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    He made me feel sick yesterday. He was strutting around like Billy big bollocks giving grief to everyone around him when in fact it was him at fault all the time. Nasty horrible piece of work who should go back to India and do everyone a favour.
  • Options
    Do we have to put up with him till the end of the season, the Reading 4th goal was shocking, if Fox had done that he'd be like a lamb to the slaughter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When is Bauer back?
  • Options
    It stinks of a haphazard signing where he was here before, he is British, he is available, and Katrien is yet again mugged off by a pushy agent.
    Or maybe Rog was extensively scouted over a period of time, and his stats added to the reports made signing him a no brainer. No brainer, see what I did there?
  • Options

Do we have to put up with him till the end of the season, the Reading 4th goal was shocking, if Fox had done that he'd be like a lamb to the slaughter.

End of the season? No, thanks to Roland's generosity and Katrien's footballing knowledge we can enjoy his skill until the end of next season. Everyone's a winner.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Based on it saved them turning on youtube for looking at a few players.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hush now ---- Indian Prem League and he is playing for us, shows Roland's scouting net work is World wide,you customers know nothing
  • Options

Hush now ---- Indian Prem League and he is playing for us, shows Roland's scouting net work is World wide,you customers know nothing

Would have been better getting someone who could bat.
  • Options
    OK we have signed and I can deal with that, but that doesn't mean Riga has to play him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kesman said:

OK we have signed and I can deal with that, but that doesn't mean Riga has to play him.

What makes you think he is picking the team?
  • Options

Kesman said:

What makes you think he is picking the team?
    Good point!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I would prefer Charlton to play a set of patio furniture at centre half rather than Roger Johnson. It would be cheaper, better looking and more effective at defending corners

Ah, but could the furniture point at things all afternoon? Maybe incorporate one of those long forks used to turn sausages on the barbie. Just to make sure.
  • Options
    Johnson was berating Motta at one point. Motta responded to him by gesturing for him to calm down.
    Johnson having a go at Motta!!
  • Options
    Johnson was spouting off after the 3rd goal went in (well actually he was spouting off for the whole game) and got into a row with Diarra. Twice Diarra walked away and Johnson kept chirping. When Diarra turned came back for the 3rd time I was willing him to belt Johnson. Fanni stepped between them and ultimately pulled Diarra away.

• Options

Johnson was spouting off after the 3rd goal went in (well actually he was spouting off for the whole game) and got into a row with Diarra. Twice Diarra walked away and Johnson kept chirping. When Diarra turned came back for the 3rd time I was willing him to belt Johnson. Fanni stepped between them and ultimately pulled Diarra away.

Shame.

The bloke is a joke of a footballer, an incapable piece of scum.
  • Options
    Quite often when footballers are talking on the pitch I wonder what they are saying to each other. Not with Rog., you can hear him shouting* from Sainsbury's.

*Over-compensating for his inadequacies.
  • Options
    Johnson on his time in India:

"It was competitive, but a very different set-up. You had to have five Indian players on the pitch. There were some really good players out there - Nicolas Anelka, Florent Malouda, John Arne Riise and Roberto Carlos. So it wasn’t easy."

Roberto Carlos is 42 and hadn't played for 4 years.

But we thought Rog'd be straight up to the challenge in the Championship.

• Options
    We've been well and truly Roger'd.
  • Options
    Out here in Aussie, they were showing some of the IPL live and the standard was simply shocking - played at a walking pace, and some of the local lads wouldn't have even been conference south standard at best.

If the US league is picking up players one or two years past their best, then the league in India is picking them up five or six years, from when they were last competitive.

One of the sides had the Brazilian player Lucio as their captain, and I remember him from the 2002 World Cup - fourteen years ago!

To think that RJ has come from that to us, it is no wonder that he is so out of his depth.