Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Johnson - now Bromley's U23 manager

12346»

Comments

• Options
    He gets slated for his shouting but I don't actually mind that too much... its pretty clear the defence is getting little to no guidance in how to defend set plays from the coaches. No one knows where to be, who to mark, or what system to use...

At least Johnson is trying to get some organisation in there during the game. He probably takes it too far, but communication on the pitch and trying to rectify issues as we face them is something we have seriously lacked all season. He was the only one saying anything out there yesterday.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    **** off back to India and take Roland with you!
  • Options
    I had reasonably decent memories of his last time here so wasn't too dissapointed at his signing but I'm afraid to say he's past it.... finished! I'd be vey surprised if Riga picks him again. Not unhappy with the back 3 system but perhaps try Naby Sarr in there instead but i think Tex needs to be the pivot
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I had reasonably decent memories of his last time here so wasn't too dissapointed at his signing but I'm afraid to say he's past it.... finished! I'd be vey surprised if Riga picks him again. Not unhappy with the back 3 system but perhaps try Naby Sarr in there instead but i think Tex needs to be the pivot

Thought he was fairly hopeless last time and he's got worse - perhaps we can get big Mig back.
  • Options
    I understand Roger turned up at Sparrows Lane this morning with a big grin, the sun is shining and it's pay day after all.
  • Options

He gets slated for his shouting but I don't actually mind that too much... its pretty clear the defence is getting little to no guidance in how to defend set plays from the coaches. No one knows where to be, who to mark, or what system to use...

At least Johnson is trying to get some organisation in there during the game. He probably takes it too far, but communication on the pitch and trying to rectify issues as we face them is something we have seriously lacked all season. He was the only one saying anything out there yesterday.

If you want to be the organiser and shout at other players for not doing their roles fair enough.
    However if you are the worst player in the team and the only player at fault for the 4th Reading goal then you're not really in a position to be doing such things.
  • Options
    Erm Makienok ran with the wrong man for the 4th. I've watched it 4/5 times now.
  • Options

Johnson was spouting off after the 3rd goal went in (well actually he was spouting off for the whole game) and got into a row with Diarra. Twice Diarra walked away and Johnson kept chirping. When Diarra turned came back for the 3rd time I was willing him to belt Johnson. Fanni stepped between them and ultimately pulled Diarra away.

Alou Diarra who has played in a World Cup final. Being told how to play football by Roger bloody Johnson. The mind boggles.
  • Options
    He's back.

On the bench for the Kent Senior Cup.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ffs......
  • Options
    Thread title changed to protect the collective blood pressure, as it's currently under enough strain as it is
  • Options
    Oh well if the kids dont like his Managerial decisions they know what they can do
  • Options
    I'm surprised Bromley would have an U23 side, never mind manager.  
  • Options
    What division do their under 23s play in (and what's the division below that to save asking next year)
  • Options
    We've got them in the EFL Trophy 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    No idea how I ended up watching it but remember seeing him in a podcast about his time at Wolves and he spoke really well. He had a terrible time up there and it was probably the beginning of the end of his career but he was very open and honest about his mistakes and what he would do differently. 

Football is like many industries in that you'll often only hear one side of the story and it was good to get his take on events, as much as he made mistakes it sounded like a situation handled badly by both parties. Personally I found him a really good listen, was certainly honest and made a change from the generic spiel you tend to get from a lot of footballers.

I think his reputation went before him which is why he probably ended up as a lighting rod for criticism from some fans but I thought he played really well for us in his first stint. Second time around not so much but I think the club was on the decline at that point as I suspect he was with age and injury.

Goes to show how fickle the life of a professional footballer can be, I still remember him at Birmingham with Scott Dann when they were absolute rocks and both being touted for England. A few years down the line one of them ends up retired after a few years playing non-league football whereas the other is still in the Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Come on boys, get your F...... Fingers out if you want to be F...... Professionals. My F....... Philosophy is you work F...... Hard. Train F....... Hard and Drink F....... hard but only drink 72 hours before a F....... Match. Try not to F....... Drink before F....... training.
  • Options
    I can imagine Johnson being successful in the NL, which isn't a shrinking violet environment.