Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roger Johnson - now Bromley's U23 manager

Comments

• Options
    Bauer six weeks.
    Actually the first I've heard of that.
    I now expect Bauer to go the way of Cebellos, Igor, Kashi, Moussa and other similar signings.
    Six weeks is a magical enough number that soon stretches out.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Bauer six weeks.
    Actually the first I've heard of that.
    I now expect Bauer to go the way of Cebellos, Igor, Kashi, Moussa and other similar signings.
    Six weeks is a magical enough number that soon stretches out.

Maybe they are just interim injuries!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Did he want to stay at the end of last season? Perhaps he was asking too much? Just playing devil's advocate because the outrage over everything that comes out about the club at the moment (even when it's quite good news) is very tiresome.

According to Doctor Kish

Johnson was keen to extend his stay at The Valley but, was not offered a new contract.
    Fair enough but nothing concrete. Not saying it isn't the case and RD decided not to offer him anything but it could be any number of reasons why it didn't happen. Glad he's back though.
    He was shoved out the door, as was MM as was Poyet as was Kermorgant as was many another. The Club won't let you on to that though, it'll reel of a list of excuses... They're now turning RJ resigning into a great thing, as was freeing him off the wage list. Beyond parody as already mentioned in this thread.
    Poyet was shoved out??

The contract he was offered was pretty much pushing him out the door. They wanted to sell him (££££).
  • Options
    But his contract had ended so we would only get minimal compensation.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Did he want to stay at the end of last season? Perhaps he was asking too much? Just playing devil's advocate because the outrage over everything that comes out about the club at the moment (even when it's quite good news) is very tiresome.

According to Doctor Kish

Johnson was keen to extend his stay at The Valley but, was not offered a new contract.
    Fair enough but nothing concrete. Not saying it isn't the case and RD decided not to offer him anything but it could be any number of reasons why it didn't happen. Glad he's back though.
    He was shoved out the door, as was MM as was Poyet as was Kermorgant as was many another. The Club won't let you on to that though, it'll reel of a list of excuses... They're now turning RJ resigning into a great thing, as was freeing him off the wage list. Beyond parody as already mentioned in this thread.
    Poyet was shoved out??
    The contract he was offered was pretty much pushing him out the door. They wanted to sell him (££££).

Are you still pissed from New Years Eve pal?
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

According to Doctor Kish

Poyet was shoved out??
    Are you still pissed from New Years Eve pal?

Probably
  • Options
    Considering we got compensation not a transfer fee, probably am still pissed (it's been a very long Monday..)
  • Options
    A poor signing - thought he wasn't up to much in his last spell here.
  • Options
    Meh signing, at least 18 months means you don't have to go through signing him again this time next year!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Distinctly mediocre, played alright but was pretty terrible at times, his howlers were as bad as Sarr's.
  • Options
    I love Diarra to bits, but I'll be surprised if he lasts the whole season, I was a bit surprised when I heard 18 months, I can understand his agent wanting a bit of stability for him, how fit is he, I don't know.

We do need a defender , we also need goal scorers, and an experienced goalie in case Henderson gets injured again, I'm not sure I'd have the stomach this season to see Nick Pope back in goal, it's just a bit naff continually trying to put sticking tape over the cracks.
  • Options

I love Diarra to bits, but I'll be surprised if he lasts the whole season, I was a bit surprised when I heard 18 months, I can understand his agent wanting a bit of stability for him, how fit is he, I don't know.

We do need a defender , we also need goal scorers, and an experienced goalie in case Henderson gets injured again, I'm not sure I'd have the stomach this season to see Nick Pope back in goal, it's just a bit naff continually trying to put sticking tape over the cracks.

Diarra hasn't been that bad, i.e. I know he's injured at the moment so probably isnt that fit at the moment.
  • Options
    We don't have a manager, so how have we managed to sign a player?
  • Options
    I think he's a very decent player myself, as I've mentioned before.
    We had him on loan and he's very vocal at the back and seems to organise the other defenders out well.

Yes he has 'issues' at wolves but so did joh and the Fulham fans seem to like him.

Personally I'd be happy about rj coming.
  • Options
    Does anyone else think he looks really ill in most of his photos?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Pavel Abbott on his way back???

I gather Paul Benson has been approached if the Kermorgant deal falls through.
  • Options

Does anyone else think he looks really ill in most of his photos?

Probably just a miserable ****.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Johnson tailed off badly for us and am quite underwhelmed by his resigning. I hope the IPL have sharpened him up a bit. I note that Ande Bikey's North East United defeated Johnson's Pune City - Bikey scoring a goal and also voted fittest player?

This from Pune City's website:-
    The defender featured in 11 matches for the Stallions, who finished seventh in the eight-team league. The 32-year-old also provided one assist. However, it was his goal-line clearance against FC Goa that really caught the imagination of fans.
  • Options

I thought Johnson tailed off badly for us and am quite underwhelmed by his resigning. I hope the IPL have sharpened him up a bit.

I'm not exactly thrilled that Johnson is the best we can manage to sign but to be fair to the bloke, he did play for us with a broken rib
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I thought Johnson tailed off badly for us and am quite underwhelmed by his resigning. I hope the IPL have sharpened him up a bit. I note that Ande Bikey's North East United defeated Johnson's Pune City - Bikey scoring a goal and also voted fittest player?

This from Pune City's website:-
    The defender featured in 11 matches for the Stallions, who finished seventh in the eight-team league. The 32-year-old also provided one assist. However, it was his goal-line clearance against FC Goa that really caught the imagination of fans.

Last sentence. Doesn't take much then.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Love how people are saying that we've only managed to sign someone from Pune City.

FFS Its not like we're signing some random 18-year old Indian Defender called Baljit Singh who might be the next Gary Doherty if we're lucky!!
  • Options
    No it's more that the IPL is the equivalent of the knackers yard. If you are lucky you aren't made into glue and you come back to eork for Charlton.

Oh, I may have that wrong around the lucky parties.
  • Options
    There's a fucking reason he spent near enough a whole season frozen out at Wolves for fuck's sake
  • Options
    Surely Poyet in the middle and Diarra rather than Johnson would have been a better idea?
  • Options
    Johnson, 18 months for crimes against defending.