Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton takeover with ground at Peninsular or no takeover?

Now, i know i might be stirring things up a bit here, but what would be your opinion if , lets say, a Kuwaiti multi-billion dollar organisation said, yes we want to buy Charlton, but we will only buy it if you, the fans, allow us to move to the peninsular in a 40,000 seater stadium , and we try to tap into the big banks /organisations of Canary Wharf - else you can stick it and put up with RD forever.

I know what i would vote.

Comments

• They've sold our sole so why not the ground
  • Gumbo said:

cfgs said:

Gumbo said:

They've sold our sole so why not the ground

Not selling any part of my feet ;)
    Gumbo said:

Ffs soul
    Easily done.
  • Could have soled our addicks.
  • Gumbo said:

That's why we need to bring them to heel.
  • cfgs said:

Gumbo said:

cfgs said:

Gumbo said:

Not selling any part of my feet ;)
    Gumbo said:

Ffs soul
    Easily done.
    Is for me can't even spell Charlton.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Not even close
  • I don't want to leave The Valley and Roland won't be around for ever
  • Stay where we are thanks
  • Fantasy ...won't happen
  • Would never happen. The area is destined for residential development. There is no money to be made from a sports stadium.
  • So the Valley: remain or leave?

Would we have control of the Penisula borders?
  • The only remotely credible bid from last time I know of (Arenacom plus a shifting line up of "moneymen") was all about moving to the Pen. @Airman Brown continues to maintain that the Josh Harris bid was credible, but he didn't convince me, and we don't know whether a new stadium featured in his plans either way.

But other Lifers who know about these things say that the window of opportunity on that Pen site has closed anyway.
  • If bought by say a Kuwait finance company then any move would be to Ebbsfleet.
  • Could have soled our addicks.

For cod's hake!
  • I am voting in. It was a massive achievement to get us back where we belong.
    To leave the valley again would be a sickener.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016
    As time goes on the peninsula is less and less of a viable option, so the OP offers a false choice IMO. The substantial cost of conversion at The Valley also makes it an expensive option for residential - just as it is an expensive location for a larger stadium because of multiple site issues.

I doubt if the Belgians understand either situation, especially when they have a catering manager who couldn't differentiate plans for an office building from a block of flats leading on the issue.

The larger risk at this point is probably a ground-sharing arrangement with Millwall or similar, followng a collapse in crowds caused by Duchatelet and Meire's incompetence.
  • colin1961 said:

Josh Harris wanted to move us to that area as part of his takeover but the trust put a block on the valley beimg redeveloped and he walked away to Palace and RD took us over .....

Funny how they don't mention that , when there planning protests against the owner they put in ??

Do you honestly believe what you write? It's like you've got some random lie generator in your head that creates your daily dose of bullsh*t
    Colin is either a total wind-up merchant or a very troubled person who should be more pitied than scolded.

I just take him with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon - much like I take my Dover Sole!
  • colin1961 said:

Josh Harris wanted to move us to that area as part of his takeover but the trust put a block on the valley beimg redeveloped and he walked away to Palace and RD took us over .....

Funny how they don't mention that , when there planning protests against the owner they put in ??

Crikey, if the Trust have that kind of power, then Roly will have sold up in November 2015, because it was the Trust that put him in.

Though for some reason....
  • colin1961 said:

Since Friday 29th November 2013 and nearly 21 years since CAFC's return to SE7, The Valley is registered with Royal Borough of Greenwich as an Asset of Community Value (ACV)

The trust got this in place when it looked like Harris was going to sell the ground and move us .... Because of this Harris walked away

Basically it means that the ground can still be sold but it would need to go through a lot of hurdles to be given the green light one being The Trust and very time consuming ......

Well done the Trust!

The Valley IS Charlton to many of us Katrien Colin.
  • edited February 2016
    Gumbo said:

The peninsula isn't the plaice for us.
  • Get all your points guys (and gals) and I agree that The Valley is unique because of the history associated with it. But playing devils advocate here I would offer the example of Manchester City, I know plenty of City supporters who were incensed at leaving Maine Road now they couldn't care less they are watching a top team playing at the top level. If this was on offer to us would we really want to turn it down? Just asking not saying it's my opinion we should leave The Valley