Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kane

Scored a hat trick tonight

Loris gets sent off and he volunteers to go in goal, safe to say it will be the last time he does that

Comments

• He seemed pretty upbeat in the interview afterwards.

when asked does he think he is knocking on the door for a starting spot in the league

he said with a big smile in his face and a little laugh

not in goal no
  • He's definitely no Steve Brown :-)
  • Turning into a proper prospect. Good on spurs to give an English youngster a chance. How long before Roy comes calling?
  • Turning into a proper prospect. Good on spurs to give an English youngster a chance. How long before Roy comes calling?

Although I think its too early for him, he thoroughly deserves to be in the next England squad. Think thats 17 goals for him now this season. His second today was hoddle-esque in execution.

Nice to see 4 home grown youngsters in the starting XI today too. Kudos to Poch, looks like his methods are finally beginning to pay off. Still would like to see Levy bring in someone to help Kane though.
  • It's amazing the breakthrough Kane has made this season, Pochettino has got the best out of him, like he did for the likes of Shaw, Rodriguez and Lallana last season
  • edited January 2015
    That was some performance today and the first time I've been genuinely convinced of his quality.
    Must be some feeling to put on that sort of show, playing for the club you support against the best team in the land.
    A must for the England squad now.
  • He has improved so much over a short period of time it really is quite incredible how he has just completely transformed the whole attack. At first I wasn't completely sold but this last month I think he is legit and it isn't just a good run. He is definitely worthy of the 4th striker spot as he brings more than just goals but I think he would be best off playing every game for the U21s and being part of a stacked side this summer with Barkley/Sterling.
  • Got laughed away in the summer when I suggested he should be worth a World cup gamble to my football mates.
  • Pochettino for England manager.
  • At the very least he should be ahead of lambert in the England squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Good player but couldn't believe Match of the Day comparing him to Henry and Shearer last night. Talk about overhype.
  • Incredible performance from Kane yesterday.

The "should he be in the England squad" question is a bit premature - the next England game isn't for three months, but if he's still in this run of form come the end of March the question will be why shouldn't he be in the squad.
  • Won't be at Spurs this time next year....
  • But actually play him. Don't put him in the squad and leave him on the bench, or play him for the last 10 minutes like Roy likes to do with so many of the players he calls up.
  • Riviera said:

Won't be at Spurs this time next year....

He's a Spurs fan remember so he may be a bit more loyal to than them than most.
  • Riviera said:

And Spurs definitely have a chance of 4th, the way Arsenal defended yesterday
  • edited January 2015

Riviera said:

And Spurs definitely have a chance of 4th, the way Arsenal defended yesterday
    They do…although I'd like to see Southampton do it. Mind you, they could well make up 3rd and 4th at this rate.
  • The top 4, in no particular order, will be Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal. Locked-on. Fact.
  • Ross said:

But actually play him. Don't put him in the squad and leave him on the bench, or play him for the last 10 minutes like Roy likes to do with so many of the players he calls up.

Not just Roy, I'd say most of recent England managers have done the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2015
    Can he perform at this level season in , season out, or is there a bit of new guy, lets underestimate him?
  • It's amazing the breakthrough Kane has made this season, Pochettino has got the best out of him, like he did for the likes of Shaw, Rodriguez and Lallana last season

Good shout.
  • So glad I left him on the bench for my fantasy team given it was v Chelsea!
  • Riviera said:

The top 4, in no particular order, will be Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal. Locked-on. Fact.

Very insightful.
    As a matter of interest, would you say Charlton is more south London or east?
  • From what I have seen on TV he is a terrific all round footballer. He's skilful , brave, confident and looks to be the real deal. Next season, after opposition strategists have had time to fully work him out, may be the time to fully judge him. For me, so far, he's the most exciting prospect since Wayne Rooney and at 21, he's not a callow kid, he's a mature young man with everything to go for.
  • proper old fashioned english finisher. Pochettino has played a blinder making him chomp at the bit for a start, curbs did the same with parker - deliberately not playing them until it was impossible not to.
  • edited January 2015
    Riviera said:

The top 4, in no particular order, will be Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal. Locked-on. Fact.

Nah. Arsenal won't be making the cut this year.
  • edited January 2015
  • I saw him play for Spurs at Hull a few weeks ago and he was a real handful from start to finish. He's one of those strikers that seems to be involved in both build-up play as well as finishing. He looks a good prospect and weathered some rough treatment well.