Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kane

Comments

• Halix said:

Kane is not a nasty striker like Shearer was, sometimes you need to be a bit of a bastard.

Gary Lineker was never booked and he wasn't a bad striker.
  • Quality player and decent bloke, not something that can be said of too many other England players at the moment. ..
  • Halix said:

Kane is not a nasty striker like Shearer was, sometimes you need to be a bit of a bastard.

Very dirty at times but he was also a proper hard bastard too. People say he bottled it v Keane but if you watch the youtube video it's far from it with him staring calm and dead eyed at him rather than the hold me back ranting bollocks you usually get with softer types.
  • Quality player and decent bloke, not something that can be said of too many other England players at the moment. ..

We are talking football aren't we killer and not cricket 'cos you don't find many.............forget I said that.
  • There are people still debating whether Kane is world class , let that sink in.

We are talking football aren't we killer and not cricket 'cos you don't find many.............forget I said that.
    Most English cricketers seem decent, with obvious exceptions!
  • Here's one stat that I find interesting (that most others admittedly won't) and that is that Alan Shearer scored just 20 goals in his career with his left foot. Harry Kane already has 19.

If nothing else it demonstrates that Kane is more comfortable on either foot and doesn't necessarily have to transfer the ball when given the opportunity.
  • Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.

Very good player but not better than Shearer. Shearer was unplayable at his peak and did it for England too.

Very different players but Kane is on fire.
    Shearer got 30 goals in 63 games for England. Kane is only just 24 and has 10 in 21.
    Make that 11 in 22.
  • edited October 2017
    Didn't have his best game tonight but like all top strikers he's always likely to stick one in before the final whistle.
  • Already scored a goal but I was more impressed with that pass to Son for the second.

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017

Already scored a goal but I was more impressed with that pass to Son for the second.

this .. the best all round striker in Europe at present
  • Already scored a goal but I was more impressed with that pass to Son for the second.

A pass that was made even better when Son tried to do the same a little bit later and failed
  • now scored his second .. it'll be a bummer when the inevitable end comes to this unreal goal scoring run .. the press will be all over it, slating him for 'loss of form'
  • Goal machine I never thought it would last but he is a goal machine
  • Spurs are looking very good

A pass that was made even better when Son tried to do the same a little bit later and failed
    A perfect example simple football from the pass to the finish. And Milner had a yard headstart on Son.
  • 38 goals in 34 games for Spurs this year. Ridiculous scoring rate that you'd usually only get from Messi and Ronaldo
  • 53 goals in 51 matches for Club and country this calendar year. Scored 35 in 36 PL games and one behind Shearer who took 42 games to get his record haul of 36.

Who would bet against him breaking that record against Southampton on Boxing Day?
  • 53 goals in 51 matches for Club and country this calendar year. Scored 35 in 36 PL games and one behind Shearer who took 42 games to get his record haul of 36.

Who would bet against him breaking that record against Southampton on Boxing Day?

Also just the one (?) behind Leo Messi in regards to Top Goalscorers across the European Leagues

So if he gets a brace against Southampton he'll be top of that list seeing that all the others have broken up for the Winter Break

Also just the one (?) behind Leo Messi in regards to Top Goalscorers across the European Leagues

So if he gets a brace against Southampton he'll be top of that list seeing that all the others have broken up for the Winter Break
    And already scored twice to beat Shearer's record and Top Goalscorer in Europe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Two goals for Kane in the first half means he's passed Messi's 53 and stands alone in Europe on 54.
  • He is some player. Have our scouts been alerted to him?
  • Make that yet another hat trick!
  • Best striker in the world for me.
  • I don’t think it comes down to whether he’s world class or not anymore, it’s just how high you can rank him in world football. I’d say he’s Top 5 altogether. Arguably the best striker.
  • 8 hat tricks in 2017!
  • edited December 2017
    He needs a good World Cup or Euros and/or win the Champions League to recognised as a truly great player. He's lauded in this country but he won't get worldwide recognition unless he leads England deep into a major tournament.
  • He learned it all at Millwall doncha know! ;-)