Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Kane

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Austin is on form but I just don't think he is quite good enough, maybe deserves a run out as a 4th option like Lambert has been recently but I think he's too slow for international football. If we play two upfront it should be Kane and Sturridge but obviously I could understand Roy sticking with Rooney.

Rooney is a holding midfielder nowadays
    Not in Roy's eyes he isn't.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Austin is on form but I just don't think he is quite good enough, maybe deserves a run out as a 4th option like Lambert has been recently but I think he's too slow for international football. If we play two upfront it should be Kane and Sturridge but obviously I could understand Roy sticking with Rooney.

Only insofar as 'holding midfielder' can mean literally anything these days. Got legs? Don't fit into the team elsewhere? Holding midfielder it is. Can he pass a bit? Stick him in holding midifield. Too slow to have any impact up the pitch? Holding midfield. Violent and that's it? Holding midfield. The fact that Rooney, Matic, Cazorla and Cattermole are all considered for the same position by their clubs is mind boggling
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Harry Kane he dives on his own.

Definitely wasn't a dive.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Not in Roy's eyes he isn't.
    And thank god for that. Hopefully we don't waste him the way united are at the moment.
  • Options
    da kid's a jeenyus
  • Options

iaitch said:

Harry Kane he dives on his own.

Definitely wasn't a dive.
    I watched the game on TV. Didn't think it was a 100% dive but he went down a bit easily. It wouldn't have happend if it weren't in the box.
  • Options
    It was a dive. Other than that he was ordinary, hey.
  • Options
    The way players go over at the slightest of touches, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in the rush hour at any major station.
  • Options
    Hopefully will get a call up today.
  • Options
    Scored a hat rick today, the kid is on fire! 29 this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015
    He might make the bench at charlton the way we are playing
  • Options
    To put his season into some sort of context, in Klinsmann's main season with us in '94-95, he scored 29 goals, Lineker scored 35 in '91-92. To think that Harry didn't actually start a PL game until his late deflected winner against Villa makes it even more unbelievable what he has achieved since.
  • Options

None of those had the handicap of playing in the same side as Chadli either.

You dont know how much I proper laughed when I read that lol.

• Options

Riviera said:

The top 4, in no particular order, will be Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal. Locked-on. Fact.

Nah. Arsenal won't be making the cut this year.
    A-hem...........!!!!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

None of those had the handicap of playing in the same side as Chadli either.

You dont know how much I proper laughed when I read that lol.

Really? Genuinely intrigued because he is in my fantasy team at work and has scored shed loads of points for me.
  • Options
    Will be/is already better than Shearer? Discuss.
  • Options
    Wont be surprised if he breaks Shearer's record...

People will still want him to do it at International Level before he's better than Shearer though (i.e. see Wayne Rooney)
  • Options
    Just scored another goal
  • Options
    13 goals in just over 7 games in September is all very well but until he buries that tag of never scoring in August he won't be a great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Will no doubt score about 45 goals this season then suddenly start playing like Mike Small once the world cup starts.

To be fair though that would be an achievement to score 45 goals in one season.
  • Options

Very good player but not better than Shearer. Shearer was unplayable at his peak and did it for England too.

Very different players but Kane is on fire.
  • Options

Will no doubt score about 45 goals this season then suddenly start playing like Mike Small once the world cup starts.

To be fair though that would be an achievement to score 45 goals in one season.
    Possible in all comps. He got 35 last season and was injured for about 2 months
  • Options

Very good player but not better than Shearer. Shearer was unplayable at his peak and did it for England too.

Shearer got 30 goals in 63 games for England. Kane is only just 24 and has 10 in 21.
  • Options

Shearer got 30 goals in 63 games for England. Kane is only just 24 and has 10 in 21.
    Kane is not in Shearer's league in my opinion and very different players in different eras albeit I do rate Kane very highly.

Would be interesting to see comparative figures for competitive and tournament games rather than friendlies against pub sides that we always seem to storm through in qualification before bottling it when it comes to the main event.
  • Options
    He's got 7 in the last week so getting 10 in 3 months to break that record shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    Kane is not a nasty striker like Shearer was, sometimes you need to be a bit of a bastard.
  • Options
    The bloke is unbelievable. Was as little as 2/1 for First goalscorer and just 4/1 to score two