Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

delays on southeastern today

Comments

• Options

Left my house, woman walked past and said 'there's no trains', went back in house, done myself egg on toast.

Where's my compensation form ?

Didn't you carry on walking to the station? Whenever I tell people on my way back from the station, they just say "thanks mate" and carry on towards the station.
  • Options

Left my house, woman walked past and said 'there's no trains', went back in house, done myself egg on toast.

Where's my compensation form ?

Didn't you carry on walking to the station? Whenever I tell people on my way back from the station, they just say "thanks mate" and carry on towards the station.
    I did once have a very heavy night and ended up leaving my local station at a time when I would normally be entering it and did say "There's no trains" as I wandered out. Not sure anyone believed me though :(

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Was sposed to get the 8:41 from new eltham to cannon st, finally get on a train at eltham at 9:27 then change at lewisham for the 9:50 finally rolling into london bridge at around 10:10
  • Options

Got the 7.51 from Sidcup, finally got off at London bridge at 10am...

This. Did feel for one poor young lad (school boy) who clearly wanted Hither Green only the driver failed to mention the train was running fast from Grove Park to London Bridge until after he'd pulled out.

Got into Charing Cross at 10.06

• Options

This. Did feel for one poor young lad (school boy) who clearly wanted Hither Green only the driver failed to mention the train was running fast from Grove Park to London Bridge until after he'd pulled out.

It wasn't fun. Made even worse by the fact that five minutes before the train stopped I got up to let a preggers woman sit down - so i had to stand all the way!!
  • Options

It wasn't fun. Made even worse by the fact that five minutes before the train stopped I got up to let a preggers woman sit down - so i had to stand all the way!!
    Well done mate, fair play to you. Hate it when blokes ignore pregnant woman on the train.
  • Options

Well done mate, fair play to you. Hate it when blokes ignore pregnant woman on the train.
    Saw what I thought was one the other day but wasn't sure so hesitated. Then realised she was stood next to her (seated) mate having a chat and figured if she was pregnant and her own mate won't give up her seat then damned if I was going to. Turns out she was just fat anyway!

• Options
    Bumping an old thread but after this mornings carnage Southeastern are still saying there are delays and dont expect services to be running properly till 6pm. Which will probably mean later - can use your card on bus/tube etc.
  • Options
    They delayed/cancelled the 7.59 this morning (not sure which as they didn't make any announcements) so had to get the 8.14, which got into London Bridge at 9.21. Absolutely rammed and really hot too. Lovely way to start the day!
  • Options
    @LargeAddick you should check the southeastern twitter as it lokos like a lot of the Kent coast bound trains are starting at Blackfriars.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stood on a train for an hour this morning that didn't move, don't fancy that again on the way home!
  • Options
    An hour late into work today, joke service at extortionate prices.
  • Options
    Just seen that my normal train will be 5 coaches today, instead of 10. So the return journey promises to be just as much fun as the journey in!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

An hour late into work today, joke service at extortionate prices.

It's better than Northern Rail, that's for sure
  • Options
    Just gone through London Bridge and they are still in a mess.
  • Options
    What's the % price rise going to be this new year?
  • Options
    Still loads of disruption...i think this time the problems are because of network rail rather than southeastern
  • Options
    from tWitter:
    So far today #southeastern attempted to run 1135 trains. Only 497 were on time (<5m). 638 were late & 377 cancelled... ouch!
  • Options
    Got on the 16:51 at Charing Cross on time, just pulling into Bexleyheath now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So what's the problem today ?
  • Options
    Had an email from southeastern just before heading home. They expect issue (over running engineering works at New Cross closing 3 of 6 lines) to remain for tomorrow morning too. Great ..
  • Options
    Working in Canary Wharf has its advantages, one stop on the Jubilee line, lovely!

I do not miss trains one little bit, I had 25 years of them and it defiantly got worse over the years.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

@LargeAddick you should check the southeastern twitter as it lokos like a lot of the Kent coast bound trains are starting at Blackfriars.

Thanks for thinking of me B. Missed your post as I was at a BOE seminar this arvo. However Hastings line was running from Ldn Brdge albeit late.

• Options
    Jumped on my moped at 7.40. Down the old kent Road/new kent road waterloo road/waterloo bridge/aldwich Shaftesbury ave wardour street and into work for 8.45 and it probably cost me a quid, if that :D
  • Options
    Southeastern is the most poor train service I come accross. They are never clean, the air conditioning is bad, the toilets never get maintained, the customer service is bad and they do small carriages when it's rush hour time which mean commuters can't sit down. Yet the price constantly increases and I have no idea why apart from greed.

I sent them a tweet complaining about the lack of carridges during rush hour and their reply was:

Sorry for this, we would always run a service short formed as opposed to cancelling a train if stock is unavailable.

So they expect us to appreciate they are still running rather than cancelling it? Ridiculous!

Might be worth following @IncompetentSE on twitter lol
  • Options
    So would you rather they cancel it and make you later?
  • Options

Nathan, you cannot get on the shorter train as it is packed so it makes no difference

• Options
    cafc999 said:

Nathan, you cannot get on the shorter train as it is packed so it makes no difference

But if they cancel it, there would be more people to try and fit on the next one. If you can't get more rolling stock from where it's based (Hither Green depot for some) up to London then there's not a lot you can do
  • Options
    Nathan, yesterday at London bridge I watched several empty trains pass through the station without stopping. When they put a short train out during major disruption it is more of a insult to the commuter than a cancelled one as you are left standing on the platform unable to get on.
    Have you ever experienced this sort of disruption before while on your way home from work Nathan?