Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

delays on southeastern today

Comments

• Spoken like someone who has just come on their period

(that is a joke, I'm fully aware that you do not menstruate)
  • edited December 2012
    se9addick said:

I'll see your southeastern and raise you a First Capital Connect, an utter shambles of a service

Not a bad call at all :( Money grabbing on a hell of a scale.

I can not comment on how things where pre 20 years ago. Connex was where it all started to go very wrong on the metro lines and look what happened to them. Any one that tells me or us that things are not as bad as when they where kicked out is lying in the highest degree.

If you look at just the Metro lines Southeastern only make 52% of there targets.
    richie8 said:

On the spare capacity of stock and train crew issue.The TOCs have sussed that 90% of fuck ups fall in to the lap of Notwork Snail so when it does go wrong they can sit back and reap in the compo from NR and a lot of people don't bother claiming so the TOCs are quids in.So why bother having spare stock and crews hanging around costing money? Stuff the customer service aspect about actually getting you to where you want to be!!! I'm afraid thats how the shambles that is the modern privatised railway works....

Not that high on Southeastern more like 40% off all delays can be put firmly on them re track and signal issues but Southeastern have become very apt at laying the blame.
  • Don't forget that any delay not caused by Network Rail results in them getting money from the train company involved for every minutes worth of delay.
  • se9addick said:

I'll see your southeastern and raise you a First Capital Connect, an utter shambles of a service

Not a bad call at all :( Money grabbing on a hell of a scale.

I can not comment on how things where pre 20 years ago. Connex was where it all started to go very wrong on the metro lines and look what happened to them. Any one that tells me or us that things are not as bad as when they where kicked out is lying in the highest degree.

If you look at just the Metro lines Southeastern only make 52% of there targets.
    richie8 said:

On the spare capacity of stock and train crew issue.The TOCs have sussed that 90% of fuck ups fall in to the lap of Notwork Snail so when it does go wrong they can sit back and reap in the compo from NR and a lot of people don't bother claiming so the TOCs are quids in.So why bother having spare stock and crews hanging around costing money? Stuff the customer service aspect about actually getting you to where you want to be!!! I'm afraid thats how the shambles that is the modern privatised railway works....

Not that high on Southeastern more like 40% off all delays can be put firmly on them re track and signal issues but Southeastern have become very apt at laying the blame.

All the TOCs are very good at laying the blame.We are chased for every minute we loose then there is an army of Delay Attribution clerks go after NR.You can tell by the attitude of the Controllers if we are to blame or we can pin it on someone else!! Really all the TOCs get hit for is a mechanical failure on a train,they can wriggle out of pretty much all else.
  • richie8 said:

Off_it said:

Do people seriously believe that things were miraculously better back in the day of dear old British Rail
    Nostalgia is all well and good, but them days were just as bad - if not worse.

Who remembers those little wooden boards they used to slot into the wall that were supposed to tell you where the next train was going? Or those terrible single compartments you could get stuck in with some nutter and nobody would know? Or paying your fare at the other end knowing full well that the fella on the gate was going to pocket your cash?

No thanks!

Showing your age there Offy. Some things are still the same though mate.
    Those single compartments were a god send of somewhere to go with your bird as a teenager if both sets of parents were home!!!!
    Got a hand job off my then bird in one of them single compartments. Still brings a smile to my face when I am between Welling and Bexleyheath. "Maaaaagic mohments..."
  • ot a hand job off my then bird in one of them single compartments. Still brings a smile to my face when I am between Welling and Bexleyheath. "Maaaaagic mohments..."
    one.

Between Welling and Bexleyheath.................didn't last long then?
  • Short shit train update. 19.14 from london bridge on Sidcup line. 4 coaches. Informed just as train pulls into platform. Happy days. Not.

wife got on the train home the other week from CX and I was going to get on at Waterloo East. Normally 10 coaches it was reduced to five. As it left CX they announced that it would not now call at Waterloo East. At Waterloo East they just announced that it was cancelled. I waved to the missus as she sailed past.

• ot a hand job off my then bird in one of them single compartments. Still brings a smile to my face when I am between Welling and Bexleyheath. "Maaaaagic mohments..."
    one.

Just enough for a shag between New Cross and London Bridge!!!
    one.

I hope no-one sat in that seat afterwards !!
    one.

Nope. No delays on that front.
  • Sponsored links:

one.

Nope. No delays on that front.

Didn't last long? That's an orgasm and a half old bean!
  • Add in newsshopper.co.uk before this:

/news/10109877.VIDEO__Lorry_explodes_in_Pickford_Lane__Bexleyheath/
  • Wife just rang - on train from Cannon Street to Sidcup and a car has hit a bridge "somewhere". Her train is now being diverted but they haven't announced where to!
  • Lorry hit a bridge in Bexley Village (I am told).
  • Fatality at hither green, all trains to London on sidcup line suspended
  • Yep, got halfway to station. Weird sitting at your laptop at home wearing a suit !
  • Get in there!!! First time in years I have made the right choice at Woolwich Arsenal and caught the DLR instead of the train! It normally doesn't matter which one I choose...it's usually wrong!! :-))

GuinnessAddick...might be just coincidence, but didn't a certain acquaintance of ours start driving for SouthEastern yesterday?????? I'll give him his due...I thought it would have ground to a standstill before now!!!

Morning Joe!!

;-)
  • edited May 2013
    The wife was on the Sidcup line this morning. Just left Sidders when the delays started. Eventually the train had to reverse back to Sidcup and get everyone off. She got a bus to Welling and is no on her way in on the Bexleyheath line.
  • Yep, got halfway to station. Weird sitting at your laptop at home wearing the skin of your palm

• Sponsored links:

• Got the 7.51 from Sidcup, finally got off at London bridge at 10am...
  • you were on the train for over 2 hours? Jesus. Was the loo busy... shudders.

• Got the 7.51 from Sidcup, finally got off at London bridge at 10am...

Blimey, i think we got to Darlington quicker than that on saturday!
  • Got the 7.52 this morning from Dartford, finally crawled into London Bridge at 9.35, after getting as far as Albany Park, then going back to Crayford, round the loop to Slade Green and back up that way.

At least it gave me plenty of time to catch up on some sleep, and I can claim all my money back as only on a daily ticket due to being on holiday next week.
  • Just had an update from our mate on SouthEastern...apparently "some silly **** threw something on the line at Hither Green and it ripped the shoe gear off the train as it was going past". That was around 8am.

As much as we moan about the trains sometime...not a lot you can do when mindless idiots do something that could cost lives and untold damages.
  • TelMc32 said:

Just had an update from our mate on SouthEastern...apparently "some silly **** threw something on the line at Hither Green and it ripped the shoe gear off the train as it was going past". That was around 8am.

As much as we moan about the trains sometime...not a lot you can do when mindless idiots do something that could cost lives and untold damages.

Hither Green, isn't that where that spanner with the copper's hat lives?

• Get the train early so missed all the fun. I wonder if it all be cleared up by the time I leave this evening?
  • TelMc32 said:

Just had an update from our mate on SouthEastern...apparently "some silly **** threw something on the line at Hither Green and it ripped the shoe gear off the train as it was going past". That was around 8am.

New Eltham station announced it as a fatality at Hither Green
  • I left home at 7 and missed my train by 1 minute, got the later 'fast' train, got to lee, driver mentioned the issue, opened the doors, got off the train, ran to the bus stop, got the bus to lewisham, waited 2 mins for a train, met @wss on the train and got to work at 9.30am. a full 2 1/2 hours after I left home.

They weren't sure if it was a something or a someone but it defo broke the train in front.

Grim. I've had better mornings.
  • Left my house, woman walked past and said 'there's no trains', went back in house, done myself egg on toast.

Where's my compensation form ?