Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

delays on southeastern today

12346»

Comments

• So would you rather they cancel it and make you later?

That's not the point I'm making!
  • If they cancel it it gets recorded in the performance stats & they get penalised - that's why you'll be more likely to get 2 short trains rather than cancelling one.
  • After standing around at Cannon St last night with no trains platformed or with an ETA, I decided to go to Bank, get the DLR to Woolwich and then bus back home to Welling. Ended up getting home about 10 minutes later than normal. If I didn't already have a season ticket I think I'd tell Southeastern to do one and take that route every day instead.
  • edited October 2013
    Yes i got the DLR in and out to work yesterday and DLR didnt charge me. Nice and handy.
    Bring on the Crossrail - not that Im wishing my life away...

• edited October 2013
  • DiscoCAFC said:

Southeastern is the most poor train service I come accross. They are never clean, the air conditioning is bad, the toilets never get maintained, the customer service is bad and they do small carriages when it's rush hour time which mean commuters can't sit down. Yet the price constantly increases and I have no idea why apart from greed.

I sent them a tweet complaining about the lack of carridges during rush hour and their reply was:

Sorry for this, we would always run a service short formed as opposed to cancelling a train if stock is unavailable.

So they expect us to appreciate they are still running rather than cancelling it? Ridiculous!

Might be worth following @IncompetentSE on twitter lol

You've never lived in East Anglia have you!
    Trains don't have toilets (and the journey from Norwich is not a short one), they don't have air con, they don't have staff to have poor customer service. And the price makes your eyes water.
    The trains are full by Witham or Chelmsford which makes the standing journey between 45 minutes and an hour.
  • Curb_It said:

Yes i got the DLR in and out to work yesterday and DLR didnt charge me. Nice and handy.
    Bring on the Crossrail - not that Im wishing my life away...

A friend bought a 2bed terraced house in Abbey Wood for £170k. Already valued at £210k due to the Cross Rail effect.