Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

delays on southeastern today

Just to say delays today on southeastern trains out of Dover
Dropped the family off at tonbridge at 6.45 for their trip to goodison to watch Everton in a 0-0 bore draw today ,can't help some people!
Anyway big delays trains leaving dover the 7.05 ish was running 20 mins late and one after cancelled

Comments

• Sorry for pulling up an older one.

But anyone looking to get home in the next 2 or 3 hours on Southeastern is not going to have fun.

http://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/your-journey/lines-of-route/

• Marvellous! Better have it sorted by the evening rush hour.
  • Another day, another drama which is the saga of travelling by southeastern.

Im not sure what good its going to do but sign the petition please folks.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42403
  • can you change the word 'today' in the title to 'this month'
  • Saying until at least 3pm until the Bexleyheath line reopens. So it will take about 2 hours to get trains running properly again, if at all - this is Southeastern we are talking about.
  • Mind you i have just read this properly. You need 100,000 sigs for it to reach the House of Commons. Ahem.

Pretty useless then.
  • LOL - of the 12 lines running in the SE area, 3 are "Good Service", 3 are "Minor Disruption" and the rest are "Major Disruption". Has there been an earthquake or something?
  • Rizzo said:

LOL - of the 12 lines running in the SE area, 3 are "Good Service", 3 are "Minor Disruption" and the rest are "Major Disruption". Has there been an earthquake or something?

And that is a lie as HighSpeed is not running at all well as well so the two that are running without problems are branch lines that do not go into London.
  • Completely, completely fed up of them at the moment. To rub it in I got a penalty fare after the Brighton game too after jumping on a train rather than get a ticket then wait in the cold.
  • Same every year. As soon as the clocks change at the start of Winter the whole thing comes to a stand still. Absolutely pathetic.

I am genuinely concerned that South Eastern Trains are going to cause me to emulate Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

It's not even bad weather today, just a standard Winter day.Grrrrr.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to the website there's a trackside fire in Bexleyheath but my wife has just driven from there to Welling and seen nothing.
  • Rizzo was the smoke tha tbad then ?
  • What are these w.ankers up to this time? Is it an earthquake as Rizzo has mooted? They (Southeastern) are getting as bad Connex were.
  • Fire is out. Flooding has started. I kid you not.
  • I feel sorry for the person running their twitter account.

Ive been late 3 times out of 5 this week. And yes i know I will have to leave and get the earlier train but it bugs me that I have to do this!

Ran perfectly during the Olympics when they had everyone breathing down their necks. 12 carriages and all sorts.

• My mate is a train driver for SE and went for a beer with him yesterday, he said that they spent their whole maintenance budget during the Olympics and havent changed a lightbulb since.
  • Fire is out. Flooding has started. I kid you not.

You could not fucking make this up! What have they done now? Been overzealous with the fire hoses?

• It's not so much the cancelled or delayed trains that annoy me the most - may sometimes be unavoidable - it is the fact that those that then do turn up in rush hour can be made up of only six carriages (or less).
  • i get an earlier train to Victoria as it has more carrages. How they work out that its ok for the later train which is busier to have less carrages i dont know.
  • I wish I worked in Victoria. Those trains are always empty wheras I'm lucky to get a seat going to Cannon St.
  • Sponsored links:

• Half day today, waiting at London bridge for quite a while now. Seems cannon street isn't too bad (from the amount of trains passing through) but just come from charing x and that if f*cked, massive delays there
  • Timetable changed on Sunday. Always causes at least a week of problems afterwards! Couldn't even get a ticket at Dartford yesterday morning as the power was off at the temporary ticket office and there were about 100 people queuing to see a man with a little portable machine - I went back home instead.
  • I am a little confused. Why are they getting stick because the line is closed because of a fire?
    The fire brigade normally turn up and say we need the line closed for safety, they tell Network rail to close the line down, which they do. How are Southeastern supposed to run trains? They can arrange buses, which normally takes a couple of hours because the buses have to sort out drivers and spare buses etc. Because the line is closed, the rolling stock and crews are in the wrong places. You don't just jump on any train and drive it like a car. Drivers from different areas drive different routes. A slade green driver isn't going to be able to drive trains down to Maidstone because he doesn't know the route/signals etc
    Sometimes, it just isn't their fault!
  • Curb_It said:

Mind you i have just read this properly. You need 100,000 sigs for it to reach the House of Commons. Ahem.

Pretty useless then.

But it's got 2 and a half months left to run. If those of you on twitter who are pissed off with the service start linking to the petition with the hashtags like #southeastern, then other commuters who are searching to find out what's gone wrong today are more likely to see it and sign it.

• Whats white and yellow and goes 125mph ?
  • Dont be a little confused about what I am saying. They are SHIT!

And if you used them everyday to get to work you would understand why any little problem that occurs just irritates the shite out of everyone. No need to be rational at all about it.

• Kev, I'm sure what you say is true, but it doesn't change the fact that they are f*&king useless, and people are well entitled to moan because it's just one thing after another. As Curb_It said, ran like clockwork during the Olympics when the eyes of the world were on us, now it's reverted back to the absolute crock of shit that farepayers have come to expect over the years.

Been late every morning this week, no apologies, no explations. Shameful.
  • MrLargo said:

I am genuinely concerned that South Eastern Trains are going to cause me to emulate Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

I share that concern....I work near their head office on Tooley Street and regularly toy with ideas of vengeance ranging in severity from sticking an A3 poster on their door with "Piss up in Brewery auditions this way" to an all out firebombing/ uzi wielding attack dependent on the level of their sheer and utter incompetence on that particular day.

They make government departments look competent.

• Curb_It said:

Dont be a little confused about what I am saying. They are SHIT!

And if you used them everyday to get to work you would understand why any little problem that occurs just irritates the shite out of everyone. No need to be rational at all about it.

Totally agree. What makes things worse is the lack of communication with "customers" when things do go wrong. I often feel sorry for the station staff as they aren't told anything either and they have to deal with pissed off commuters.
  • My train to work, over the past 20 journeys, has made it to Charing Cross on time 3 times, within 5 minutes of schedule 6 times and over 5 minutes late 11 times. This is a train in mid afternoon. They are fudging awful