Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First ever game

Comments

• Options

Found a video on youtube of my first ever game

Thanks Fjortoft

• Options
    QPR at Home Jan1968 aged 8. Left just after half time - we were 2 nil down. Didn't find out for ages that we drew the game with two late goals.
  • Options
    charlton 3-3 grimsby in 1983/4 it was our first game after being saved from extintion so my uncle dragged me along to stop me supporting Liverpool who were a couple of hundred miles away and I avoided shopping with my nan, he took me to stand at the back of the east terrace and Itold me my family roots and responsibiliteis to future generations tec. I went a week or so later on my own to see Keven Keegan play his last game in London by which time I was addickted! I can still remember the grief I got in my school in Welwyn Garden City when I yold them who I supported - Charlton who!!!
  • Options
    1993 or 4 dont remember a thing i was 5 or 6!
  • Options
    Hereford at home 24/08/1974, my 6th birthday. Won 2-0
  • Options
    Charlton 2 Boro 2 in the mid 60s. I was taken to the front and stood with my feet between those little red railings. Still remember that. Can't recall which year but I was just a wee lad. My namesake and boyhood hero was playing. So were Harry Gregory and Lenny Glover and I think Matt Tees scored.

• Options
    Boxing day 1972 against Southend 0v0
    taken by my brother
  • Options
    1952/53 aged 4 can't remember who against but Bartram was playing and a bald headed man !
  • Options
    Later this month it will be 54 years since my first game..........don't know who it was against though.
  • Options
    Charlton 0 Arsenal 2. FA Cup 1956. Aged 10. A few weeks later Charlton played Arsenal again at home in the league and won 2-0. I think that was Sam's last game. Huge crowds at both. Everyone seemed to wear flat caps and smoked Weights or Woodbines. Peanut sellers and good humoured rivalry between opposing fans.No segregation. Truly the "working man's" game then when Saturday was the day to support your team and let off steam after a hard working week.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1952/53 aged 4 can't remember who against but Bartram was playing and a bald headed man !
    Gordon Hurst.
  • Options
    Gordon Hurst.
    Or................ Baldy Hurst as he was known.
  • Options
    Middlesborough in 98...we won 3-0
  • Options
    1967 versus Birmingham. I was 10, no memory of match or score. All I remember are the peanut sellers, the bag of Tooty Frooties that my Dad bought me and the smell of the old brewery!
  • Options
    1957 Charlton 3 Cardiff 1
  • Options
    was a cup game against spurs at the valley, must have been around 82/83
    was an evening game and think we lost 2-1 if my memory is correct?

This.
    chirpy red, was my memory correct then? was it 83?
    If it was the FA Cup game that was January 1985
  • Options
    1977 or 78 - Home to Southampton ( I Think) cannot remember the score It was a night game and all i remember was coming in from Harvey Gardens and seeing that massive East Stand and the flood lights on and the hairs on the back of my neck going up.  I was 9 years old.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    1988- Millwall V Blackburn 1-5. But Millwall were crowned champions.
  • Options
    February 29th 1964. Charlton 0 Portsmouth 1. Set me up for a lifetime of footballing disappointment.
    Funnily enough, mine was a 1-0 defeat to Pompey, away, back in the 50s, setting me up for similar feelings!  We were behind the goal and the Charlton RB (can't remember who), hoofed the ball hard behind for a corner and it hit me on the elbow.  They were very heavy, sodden, mucky things in those days (footballs) and, as I was about 4, it nearly knocked me flying.  I thought that, as a Charlton player, he was bound to apologise, but he didn't even notice.  I knew the world was going to the dogs from that moment on.
  • Options
    At home to Wolves 1968/69 season, if my memory serves me I think we lost 0-3.

Are you sure ? Didn't think Wolves were in 2nd division 68/69
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last home game of 67/68 season, a 5-1 win against Hull ( including a Ray Treacy hat trick ). I saw us trounce Rotherham a good few years earlier but don't really count that, as I was very small and can only really remember looking through the red railings at  the front of the paddock.

The game that really hooked me was the 4-3 defeat to Millwall on the first day of the following season. Just under 27,000 and a great atmosphere. 
  • Options

First ever game The Football League v The Rest of the World in 1987. Maradonna ran the show to a chorus of boos.

Next game was Charlton Liverpool at selhurst in 1990 when rosenthal got his hatrick.

I went to the game at Wembley too. Platini was absolute quality that day (pity he's such a cnut now)

• Options
    Only vague recollection of first game. It was against Exeter and it was on the terraces at The Valley probably around 1981 ish? Can't remember the score.
  • Options
    1980-81 we beat Bristol Rovers 4-0
  • Options

1990-91

charlton v west ham  drew 1-1 

dont remember that much of it as i was very young.

• Options

That was my second game, Karim, and the last ever"home" game at Selhurst Park. My first game was the week before, 1-0 home win over Newcastle.

• Options
    I think thats why i probably went. momentus occasion which my dad felt i needed to be a part of. shame we had to then go to upton park.
  • Options
    November 1979. Charlton 1 West Ham 0. Gritt header (First Half).
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options

First ever game was Millwall v Hull City Boxing Day(ish) around 1964/5, then another Millwall v I've no idea sometime later, then Fulham v ???, then Palace v Hull City.
    All my Dad's doing though God knows why Millwall and Fulham 'cos he was a Palace supporter. Remember Selhurst at the time and thinking 'What a dump' and vowing never
    to go there again even at that age (little did I know at the time). He seemed to have a downer on Charlton and I never found out why, but finally got taken to The Valley
    in the 1965/6 season by a mates dad and never looked back. Used to think it was v Palace but checking back on fixtures, that was too late in the season. All lost in the
    mists of time.