Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First ever game

edited August 2011 in General Charlton
Don't know if some has already done a thread for this.
But when and where was everyone's first game?

For me, Middlesborough at home 1990 we lost 1-0, anyone remember that one?  Was aged 3!

This thread may expose our oldest lifers!

Comments

• Options
    Portsmouth 2-2 1970.
  • Options

First ever game The Football League v The Rest of the World in 1987. Maradonna ran the show to a chorus of boos.

Next game was Charlton Liverpool at selhurst in 1990 when rosenthal got his hatrick.

• Options

Charlton 2 - 3 Chelsea First game of the Season in 2001 (I Think)!

• Options

First ever game The Football League v The Rest of the World in 1987. Maradonna ran the show to a chorus of boos.

I've heard about this game, was it at White Hart Lane?
  • Options
    Wembley mate. (The Proper Wembley.)
  • Options

Zenden was on fire that day, was the first day I believe, definitely first home game anyways,
  • Options
    Wembley mate. (The Proper Wembley.)
    Don't know why White Hart Lane springs to mind lol
  • Options
    Charlton 3  Sheff Utd 2 - 1975 
  • Options

Was a great game.  From my faded memory the Football league had Ogrizivic, Robson but cant really remember the others. The beat a team containing Lineker, Maradonna, Jorghino, Platini.   

• Options
    Ogrizivic! Old Skool
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

- I remember that one, I think it was 2002.  We had Konchesky sent off, and we 2-0 up... then it went  horribly wrong.  Back when Carlton Cole was tipped for big things.

My first game was Charlton 4-2 West Ham.  Great game, sat in the North Stand (my dad  and I borrowed someone else's season tickets for the match).  I had absolutely hated football until that game, never looked back since!  Of course, we did  end up getting relegated.  The next game I saw was away to Leeds when we lost 4-1.  Our goal was a classic by Paul Mortimer, but I didn't see it because I was daydreaming.
  • Options
    Charlton 3 Everton 2 melrose hat trick.
  • Options
    1950 Charlton V Newcastle (0-0) (age 7! Stood in the uncovered end; crowd about 47K. Didn't rain. Didn't see another match for a couple of years.
  • Options
    was a cup game against spurs at the valley, must have been around 82/83
    was an evening game and think we lost 2-1 if my memory is correct?
  • Options
    Middlesbrough at home (lost 2-1) in the 04/05 season
  • Options
    Bolton 2001(?) Euell missed pen
  • Options

1st game was an infamous Millwall v Villa match where the referee (Burtenshaw?) was beaten up by the home fans at the end of the match. I was only 9 or 10 at the time and I thought this must happen at all games.

First CAFC game was a 2-1 home loss to Bristol City in '68. I got hooked on the following home game where we beat Hull 5-1 and took a particular liking to Charlie Wright who was playing up to the crowd. Apart from Charlie Wright's antics it was only at this point that I realised that Charlton was my local League club (lived in Sidcup at the time) - these things plus the fact that I liked Bobby Charlton sealed a lifetime addiction. 

• Options
    newcastle 2001, gary speed got the opener only for charlie macdonald to slam a equalizer home.
  • Options
    Home to Liverpool, Boxing day 1959 i think, 2 or 3 nil to the Addicks is where it all started for me, aged 10.
  • Options
    I can't remember! 
    It was some time just before Curbs left. Early that season. 
    I have a terrible memory. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don.t rebember the game some time in the 70s i remember my brother taking me in and saying this is the biggest ground in the country i did not believe him .I was took aback How big it was i never looked back .
  • Options
    1961 .. no recollection who was the opposition
  • Options
    First ever game of football I went to would've been when I was about10 or 11 years old - my sister used to take me along. That would've been in 1968/69. Couldn't tell you any more than that.

Stopped going regularly when I was about 15 and the next time I went to a game I was in my 30s. I remember thinking in that gap I'd gone from being younger than all the players to being older than all the players (but not the ref!).
  • Options
    Bradford at home in 1997 I think? The game with a Steve Brown thunderbolt and that Mortimer goal.
  • Options

I've never been all that sure about my first game. 
    It was about 1972 and I was 10 or 11. Me & a few mates used to bunk in over the concrete fence near a concrete toilet block. I'm pretty sure it was against York City and we lost 4-0.
    I would really appreciate any help with the details, or did I dream it? The old memory is fading fast.

• Options
    My first Charlton game we beat wolves 3-2. Think it was 92 or 93. I'd seen Chelmsford city, Liverpool and Ipswich before that though!
  • Options
    Charlton 1-1 Sunderland. 95/96.
  • Options
    living in sheffield since 1976, so mansfield town away 1977 aged 6, 3-0 win i think. been a glory hunter ever since.

links to charlton from being young though. dad was a season ticket holder in 60's-70's. gavin peacock was at my sister's birthday party and made her cry by kicking his football into her cake in august 75'.
  • Options
    August 92. 4-1 against Bristol Rovers @ Upton Park.
  • Options
    Bradford at home in 1997 I think? The game with a Steve Brown thunderbolt and that Mortimer goal.

i wish i'd been at that game. Mortimer is god!