Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 12

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Great stuff, you have a brand spanking new one with all the equipment required.

So expense wise you're just looking at the £40 or so per year subscription to have the xbox work online "Xbox Live Gold Membership" and a suitable game that works online, such as fifa12.

The only hard bit that remains is setting your xbox up to talk "wirelessly" with your internet hub in the other room, which also needs to be wireless itself, but I'm assuming it will be as most are these days... Especially if you have a standard bit of kit from one of the major providers Virgin/Sky/BT?

---
    How to connect your Xbox 360 console to your wireless network:

You'll most likely struggle with this next bit, if you've never used your wireless
    network before you probably don't know the network name or the security
    settings/password - the default settings are usually printed on the
    bottom of the router/hub (which you really should change for security
    reasons)... come back and post on here if you have issues!
    1. On the console, go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Configure Network.
    4. On the Basic Settings tab, select Wireless Mode.
    5. Select Scan for Networks.
    6. Select your wireless network name.
      If your network is not listed, you can try the following:
      1. Select Specify Unlisted Network and enter your wireless network name.
      2. Select your wireless security.
    7. Enter your wireless network password, and then select Done.
    8. Press B on your controller, and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    If you successfully connect to Xbox LIVE, you’ll see this screen:

• Options
    I have an old, old xbox 360 and got the fifa 12 and 12 months of xbox live deal for £60 at tescos, my mate's got a wireless thing which he's given to me. But just one quick question, do i need a hard drive to get xbox live? They cost like £70 :/
  • Options
    Markive, you are a gentleman.

I have wifi via virgin which works for the lap top.
  • Options
    Just started a career with charlton, first game of season jacko breaks his metatarsel out for 5 weeks :(
  • Options
    Kermongant should be on the game already.
    Nope, he isn't in the Charlton side, and I've tried a squad update but there aren't any updates available.
    I downloaded squad on PS3 and he's in the side for sure
    360 for me. How strange....
    kermy is def on my fif12 game, 360 user here... he is under reserves
  • Options
    Or just get a PS3 which comes with free wireless, and doesn't require a subscription to play online (as far as I can see).
  • Options
    errghhh, anyone finding it ridiculous how many times the ref shows a red? end most games with 8 or 9 players
  • Options
    Only seen 1 red lol
  • Options
    errghhh, anyone finding it ridiculous how many times the ref shows a red? end most games with 8 or 9 players
    Nope not 1 red yet but it is def harder tackling wise , and through balls are harder to , just started career mode, lost 2-0 to Oldham and just beat huddersfield 4-2 so getting better ha

• Options
    And it's not very realistic Paul Hayes is a goal machine !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This.

Two things in the gameplay that gripe me (and I hoped they would have fixed) :

1. Why do the back four sit so deep when the keeper has posession? when taking a goal kick, all of the back 4 are just sitting on the edge of the box. "PUSH UP FFS!!!!"

2. When taking a corner all my players are no closer to the goal than about 12 yards, making it impossible to score from a corner because on the occassions I do win a header, there's no power left in it by the time it reaches the keeper.

Is there anything I can do to change either of these stupid annoyances?

Henry. I'm never too old to play football games and don't give us all that old huff about "it's for my son". You'll be taking the reds to glory and you know it. ;-)

P.S how the f**k do I do the brick fellas?
  • Options
    I'm getting so frustrated with this.

Yeovil are passing it around as if they're Barcelona, every pass splits my defence and they seem to have infinite stamina and out run and out muscle all of my players.
  • Options
    the defending and tackling is so, so hard. I was one of those "hold down a" merchants and finding the transition very difficult. 

Also, the brick is hold left trigger/L2 and hold the right stick right.
  • Options
    Danny Green out for three months with a broken toe before the league even starts...
  • Options
    snap haha he has 5 in 6 for me on world class, and why is danny green quicker than waggy?!?!?!?
  • Options
    If you change the defending to "legacy" does this apply when playing online as well?
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Just started a career mode with Charlton. Love how Fifa improved the scouting network for the youth, used to annoy me on Fifa 11 that we had no youth and yet other teams were producing them.

Bought a GK on free called John Smith, he is on 77, on 3,000, result! :-) So sold Sulivan and Doherty, trying to bring in a young defender.
  • Options

if ur having trouble with the new defense controls, i would recommend changing the configuration of the new button layout to the old format. (b-press 2nd defender; a- tackle)

also a key part to defense is that sometimes u dont need to 'press' the tackle button. u just have to have ur defender run into the path of the oncoming dribbler/pass and the defender will automatically make a lunge for ball and sometimes even just disposses the offender.... try it

• Options
    All the names have changed on mine !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the names have changed on mine !!!
    It did that on my FIFA 11 I just did squads update and it sorted it out
  • Options
    Getting it tomorrow but not as excited as much as I am for battlefield bad company 3. Proper game. But still looking forward to fifa. More of an online gamer than career mode though.
  • Options
    So then, how does everyone rate Fifa 12. 

Sorry if mentioned earlier, but please can someone confirm the Charlton Life Fifa 12 league on PS3 and password.
  • Options
    BWP is insane and so is green on the game . Any one fancy startin a club ?
  • Options
    morrison is very good on the ground but bit suspect in the air
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me how to update the squads?

On fifa 11 you got the option when starting a new career mode but not on this one and I've search all over in the menu but it still eludes me.
  • Options
    when you start the career it you change squads to download latest
  • Options
    Kermongant should be on the game already.
    Nope, he isn't in the Charlton side, and I've tried a squad update but there aren't any updates available.

I downloaded squad on PS3 and he's in the side for sure
    360 for me. How strange....
    Kermit is in the CAFC team online but missing from the offline team. No downloads available yet so will have to wait or create myself.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Dunna if anyone else has made one so I made a league. If someone else has already made one, nevermind,

League name: Charltonlife1
    password cafc

XBOX360
    Max 12 Teams in League

Xbox Live > Custom Games > Online Leagues > Join
  • Options
    I have an old, old xbox 360 and got the fifa 12 and 12 months of xbox live deal for £60 at tescos, my mate's got a wireless thing which he's given to me. But just one quick question, do i need a hard drive to get xbox live? They cost like £70 :/
    Yes you do need a harddrive but I'm assuming you may have enough memory built in your console (500mb) to do the xbox live update and then it could be fine. If not you can get a hard drive for £8 at any CEX store. Hope this helps :)