Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 12

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2011

First game of pre-season, Hayes out for 8 weeks with a dislocated shoulder. Cry.

Haven't got Kermit in mine, and no internet connection so couldn't update squad. Gone against all my morals and signed Clinton Morrison.

Also brought in Shelvey on loan for a year :)

• Options

I gave up playing against the CPU very early on. It is simple what EA have done. They realised that people can use the legendary mode on fifa 10 and still win with ease. Instead of sitting down and making a harder challenge fairly for gamers, they have just made it impossible for you to play against the CPU.

Therefore I play online, CAFC are bottom of the league one supporters league! WTF! How can we have 1300 plus fans against an average of 300 per most league one clubs and still have like NO points...

EA have messed this one up.

• Options
    Seems a decent game, not yet got the defending so tend to lose a lot but there is a good game in there.  Seems that every incarnation of Fifa is 'terrible' and 'a step backwards' for a month until everyone has got used to the feel and then opinion changes once basics are mastered.

Just having a first experimental season with ManU to get to grips with how it all works then I'll be off to manage Crawley.  Played a lot this weekend, my thumbs hurt...
  • Options
    I Find the defending easier, all too often would your players just stand by as the opposition made a run, forcing you to swap players to track them, only to then find the player you was controlling has decided to hang around by the edge of the area doing screw all. Now you can cover off players, keep goal side and force them to pass backwards, it's much more realistic.
  • Options
    Im considering getting this game have played the demo will probably get it soon.

I was familiar with FIFA 11.

Can someone tell me if this game is actually worth the £40 as people seem to be suggesting its a bit of a dissapointment and that there are quite alot of flaws.

• Options
    A few little bugs Ive found so far in the PC version, nothing major though.  Had 1 crash so far in many hours of playing so pretty good compared to last year.
  • Options

Im starting to figure out which CAFC players have exceptionally good attributes. Here is Jackson with a bullet of a long-shot: (1v1 xbox live Head2Head Seasons match)

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/95862862

• Options
    honestly, i have been playing fifa for a decade now (ya, i know... a bit dorky)... but nonetheless, this years fifa is a positive change. They changed the 'engine' of the game allowing more realistic collisions, tackles, off-the-ball jostling. defending is a bit more of a challenge, but a welcomed challenge to a seasoned fifa veteran...
  • Options
    The build on it every year, fifa always gets better, just not always by that much
  • Options
    Any impressive signings in Career Mode for Charlton then lads?

I've signed Karleigh Osborne from Brentford and Jeffrey Schlupp from Leicester. Raval Morrison and Josh McEachran on loan from Man Utd and Chelsea respectively. Really loving playing with Charlton. I'm about ten games into the Championship in my second season (I got promoted in my first season, woo) and I'm in the play-off positions.

Hamer
    Solly-Morrison-Osborne-Evina
    Stephens-Hollands-McEachran
    Green-BWP-Morrison
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

my current fif12 lineup for h2h matched on xbox live:

sullivan

evina - taylor - morrison - wiggins

wagstaff - hollands - stephens - jackson

wright-phillips  -  kermorgant

• Options
    @rufus

I can send you them if you want, ive gotta send them to charltonfan94 too but i keep forgetting. Need a postit note on my head sometimes.
    If you don't mind mate that would be quality. Didn't bother with it last year so have no idea where to start! Nice one
  • Options
    Cant get into Career Mode. Dont need to sign anyone, at the end its still me controlling them. Got my VP in though to get him up for clubs.
  • Options
    EA really haven't got it right with the Head 2 Head part of the game. I was winning 4-1 89th minute and my Xbox Live went down. I get a loss and the bloke gets a win. A couple games before the game had just started and was 0-0 and I got a loss because my xbox live played up again. How can this be allowed when they said they will review it? What a load of bollocks!
  • Options
    EA really haven't got it right with the Head 2 Head part of the game. I was winning 4-1 89th minute and my Xbox Live went down. I get a loss and the bloke gets a win. A couple games before the game had just started and was 0-0 and I got a loss because my xbox live played up again. How can this be allowed when they said they will review it? What a load of bollocks!
    tbf, 90% of people who drop connections do so intentionally when losing and it really annoys most people. They can't tell whether it was intentional or not, so I'd rather it was like it is, even if it is a bad to lose even though you were losing. 
  • Options
    I started a career as a goalkeeper. First game of the season, away at yeovil we stomped them 5-0. They didn't have a single shot on goal. the only thing i had to do was 2 back passes to me, which i just passed back. THAT WAS IT in 12 mins gameplay. I got a bloody rating of 4.3 FFS, yet their keeper who let in 5, got a 6.7.

How the hell does that make sense?????
  • Options
    I started a career as a goalkeeper. First game of the season, away at yeovil we stomped them 5-0. They didn't have a single shot on goal. the only thing i had to do was 2 back passes to me, which i just passed back. THAT WAS IT in 12 mins gameplay. I got a bloody rating of 4.3 FFS, yet their keeper who let in 5, got a 6.7.

How the hell does that make sense?????
  • Options

Heard a lot of bad reviews and struggled on the Demo so have rented it from Love Film to test it before I spend £30 odd.

@rufus

I can send you them if you want, ive gotta send them to charltonfan94 too but i keep forgetting. Need a postit note on my head sometimes.
    Any chance that you could send them to me as well please ?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @rufus

Any chance that you could send them to me as well please ?
    or link onto the thread please? ;)
  • Options
    im finding it really hard using the new defending - any tips for a xbox player? Got romped 5 - 0 and 4 - 0 in pre season friendlys!!!....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im finding it really hard using the new defending - any tips for a xbox player? Got romped 5 - 0 and 4 - 0 in pre season friendlys!!!....
    If they're anywhere near your box dont press sprint! I keep doing this and getting sold
  • Options

Getting used to the defending now, am no longer being thrashed each game. Much more realistic than last year's which I got bored of quite quickly.

I created Kermit giving him an overall rating of 66, used customised squads in career mode and found his valuation was £5.5million! Burnley put a bid in of £4.4mill which I thought was just about fair :-)

• Options
    Talal are you playing offline mate?
  • Options
    Yeah I've never used my ps3 online, not even sure how to be honest! Just do career mode and play against mates.
  • Options
    Was gonna say if you go to update squads, think its under my fifa 12 on the menu then you will get kermorgant etc on the squad update.
  • Options
    Think they have taken a bit of a step back really although more realistic I wanted to be able to pick up and play not get thrashed 3-0 by Sheffield utd because ched Evans can walk though my defence with everyone missing him
  • Options
    Was gonna say if you go to update squads, think its under my fifa 12 on the menu then you will get kermorgant etc on the squad update.
    Wish someone would tell me how to update them as I've looked everywhere on the menu options and for the life of me, can't find the bloody option.!!!!
  • Options
    If they're anywhere near your box dont press sprint! I keep doing this and getting sold
    Stay on your feet for as long as possible. I find the best way is to just use your players as brick walls. Trying to tackle and gain possesion is harder than it should be, therefore give no space away to attackers and stay on your feet for as long as possible.
  • Options
    keep between the attacker and the goal while holding contain, they eventually take a heavy touch whih is wen u can pounce on it like a fat kid on a cupcake
  • Options
    Any