Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fifa 12

edited September 2011 in General Charlton
Demo out today, what do people think?

I'm pretty impressed considering its the demo. Looking forward to the real thing.

Comments

• Options
    They have changed the gameplay abit only time will tell. To be honest I wasnt that impressed but gotta get used to it I suppose.
  • Options
    I love it! The opposition keeps possession so much better than in FIFA 11. Some of the cut-scenes are amazing too.

I can't wait for the real thing to come out, Career Mode with Charlton. ;)
  • Options
    I hate the tackling, hopefully i'll get used to it by the time it comes out.
  • Options
    Apparantly the pro evo 2012 demo is suprisingly impressive this year. I need to play both to decide.
  • Options
    Where can you get the demo from??? Xbox
  • Options
    You can download it from game marketplace on xbox live
  • Options
    They will not put any effort into Charlton as per usual. But yeah it seems a good game or the demo does
  • Options
    Finding this a lot harder than 11. I play on legendary on 11 but world class on 12 is difficult. The AI defends and attacks a lot more than on 11, and it's very hard to score (and to stop conceding!).
  • Options
    Yeah, i'm loving it. I also used to play on legendary but find world class is challenging enough on Fifa 12. I love how the opposition keep possession, such a challenge to win the ball back and then keep it. Much more realistic imo. 
  • Options
    Still downloading the demo,taken 2 hours so far and only of 55% done .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should be worth it mate, kept me busy for a good hour or two last night..
  • Options
    As that the only way of getting the demo by downloading it
  • Options
    Not sure? Perhaps you can get it free with a gaming magazine? 
  • Options
    Great game much more realistic.
  • Options
    What's the restrictions of the demo?

Is it just a select few teams to choose from and short matches?
  • Options
    Man City, Arsenal, Barca, Marseille or Dortmund. All games are 3 mins each half and end in penalties if you draw. Etihad Stadium is the only venue, and you can only change limited options like injuries, handball etc on or off, no change available to the ball, weather etc.

That's it.

Oh, and a nice 7 step tutorial when you start the demo.
  • Options
    Cool, cheers Ross. I'll dust off the ps3 & download it.
  • Options
    had to leave it downloading overnight. was so excited to play it this morning, skipped the tutorial now i cant defend!
  • Options
    had to leave it downloading overnight. was so excited to play it this morning, skipped the tutorial now i cant defend!
    Good practice for when you're charlton then, eh?  ;)
  • Options
    It's so hard winning the ball back with the likes of Barca and City..I'm not going to touch the ball with Charlton. :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone here play on PC?
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    If you keep jockeying and calling in team mates to tackle you force the opposition into mistakes
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    If you do Career Mode with Charlton, who are some possible signings you'd do?
  • Options
    In my last career mode I managed to pick up Wellington Silva from Arsenal, he was useful on the flank. And I brought Luke Varney back - he scored 20 in back to back promotions (on World Class too!).

I play Fifa more than a grown man should (most nights) and had a quick look at the demo - tackling isn't as different as they made out - but I can't possibly form an opinion on Fifa until I've had a proper look for bugs. Fifa 11 is a great game engine with a lot of major issues hanging off of it. Dying to see if EA car enough to have listened to the fanbase about the almost limitless amount of issues across the game!

• Options
    best signing i made was frimpong
  • Options
    If you do Career Mode with Charlton, who are some possible signings you'd do?
    Best signing in Career mode for Charlton on Fifa 11 was Macheda from Man Utd - Got him fairly cheap, he got better & better & couldn't stop scoring!
  • Options
    I've played both Fifa and Pro Evo demos and here are my thoughts:

Pro Evo was out a day before so had to settle for playing that, Graphics pretty sound and Gameplay alot better then previous years. My main problem with PES is constant replays which im sure you can turn off but also it doesn't seem to take detail into how long you press pass, shoot etc its not realistic in my eyes and i've never really been a fan of PES even though have bought a few doubt i will buy this one.

Fifa, The gameplay is sort of different but its much more realistic. I think defending and tackling you will have to master and then you will love it. Went through the tutorials and couldnt do the 3rd or 4th one with the marking didn't really understand but only attempted a few times. Anyway fifa is always better for Teams, gameplay and the buttons. It's a bit harder to take penalty's this year but thats not a bad thing, obviously a few tweaks for it to be 9+ out of 10 but good signs and of the 2 as normal generations ahead.

• Options
    Just had my first couple of games on the demo. Looks alright. I like the fact if the ball goes out for a throw your play automatically runs over and picks it up to take a quick throw.

I don't like the fact they have changed the button for doubling up on players. FIFA 11 you just hold b. It's now RB on the control so not easy holding the right trigger and right bumper at the same time. Dont like the stand up tackle neither.
  • Options
    My son is a bit fed up with Fifa 12 demo. In Fifa 11 and earlier versions, you could pretty much get on and play without having to be a master at all the key combinations. He has neither the patience or time. As long as you could sprint, pass, shoot, lob and through ball you could get on reasonably OK in earlier versions. Tackling was also easier - you could often just 'run into' the opponent and win the ball. However, with Fifa12 you are 'forced' to master your defensive technique - otherwise you don't get a touch of the ball and get drubbed every game.....

I personally like it - more realistic in my opinion and there is nothing more boring than winning every game :-)
  • Options
    I find theres no different with the controls?

As far as im aware they only changed tackling, which you just have to time instead of holding down now, and added in the option to volley or shoot or to do skilled passes?