Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 31st August 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• HT 0-0...started as expected, and also finished as expected, we will win this second half Reading have shot their bolt already...
  • Big improvements needed second half. If we can make it to 60 mins at 0-0 I’ll be confident of a win. 
  • Feels rather like our previous games so far this season, where we don’t necessarily look at it - but yet have created the best chances. 

• All square at half time. We haven’t been at our best. It we’ve had the better chances. Should’ve taken at least one of those chances. Defensively sound. Mannion hasn’t had a shot of note to save. All to play for … COYA
  • A pretty poor half going forward but we probably should be 1-0 up.

Defensively excellent again. Just don't give them an inch.
  • Not a great half tbh, defence solid again though and Mannion hasn't had to make a save of note. Docherty done brilliant for that chance at the end of the half. 
    Might need to tweek a few things second half.
  • Feels like changes needed but not sure who. Midfield growing into the game and TC being a nuisance. Ahadme the obvious option but we need the physical presence and it’s too early for Aneke 
  • Sponsored links:

• Substitutes will be key again today, with both teams using a lot of energy pressing.

We've got the likes of Anderson - A.Campbell - Aneke - Godden - Kanu who we can bring on to really push Reading that little bit more with fresh legs... Who do they have?
  • edited August 31
    L1 scores at half time…

Blackpool 2-2 Wycombe FT
    Rotherham 2-1 Huddersfield FT

Brum 1-0 Wigan
    Bolton 0-1 Exeter
    Bristol R 1-0 Cambridge
    Crawley 0-3 Barnsley
    Mansfield 1-1 Stockport
    Northampton 0-0 Burton
    Peterborough 0-2 Wrexham
    Reading 0-0 Charlton
    Shrewsbury 1-0 Orient
    Stevenage 0-0 Lincoln
  • Defended well, but some of our passing has been awful and I don't feel we've pressed so well as recently. Gillesphey has been the stand out player for me so far.
  • Think Brownie might have a point - Reading are a young side. Will they crumble under adversity like Charlton of old?
  • Not a great half from us but not troubled really. I think we are going to win this with a late goal splurge once the finishers come on 
  • edited August 31
    Possession: Reading 66%, us 34%
  • Think Brownie might have a point - Reading are a young side. Will they crumble under adversity like Charlton of old?
    Reading fan on Charlton Live said their team tends to fade from 75 mins onwards… would imagine it’s a mix of their team being young and keen to get amongst it, without a bench full of players they can call on to back it up afterwards
  • edited August 31
    Not over yet but just as many have predicted, goals are going to be hard to come by. I’m not sure that being difficult to beat is going to be enough over the course of the season. We’ll need to find some goals from somewhere. I fear for us when we go a goal down.
  • Not over yet but just as many have predicted, goals are going to be hard to come by. I’m not sure that being difficult to beat is going to be enough over the course of the season. We’ll need to find some goals from somewhere. 
    Plenty of time over the course of the season to work on how to attack... Am confident based on how difficult we are to deal with defensively - Either way there is going to come a point where we'll draw / lose this season, just need to hope its never a regular thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anderson coming on at half time
  • Not over yet but just as many have predicted, goals are going to be hard to come by. I’m not sure that being difficult to beat is going to be enough over the course of the season. We’ll need to find some goals from somewhere. I fear for us when we go a goal down.
    I know its hard but we have to trust the process. Especially away from home, we are following a very clear and consistent game plan and it is yielding results - things have followed the game plan today and whether we like it or not I don't see that changing whilst it is being effective. 
  • Not watching today, but fairly confident our stronger bench and better fitness will have an impact after 60 minutes.
  • edited August 31
    We really needed another CM. Anderson is currently nowhere near good enough to be our rotation option for berry. 
  • Might be the perfect type of match for Karoy, with Midfield just being a mess of a energetic battle
  • Berry off Anderson on
    That's a big shout by Jones, presume that it's more pressing energy favoured over the goal threat of Berry 
  • Early cross into the box from Anderson, goes for a Goal Kick.
  • arny23394 said:
    We really needed another CM. Anderson is currently nowhere near good enough to be our rotation option for berry. 
    Different types of players. Anderson gives us exactly what we need against this Reading team
  • Berry getting his guaranteed yellow has to go off and perhaps leave out starting 11 until he can learn to stop the yellow cards
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!