Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 31st August 2024 : KO 15:00

So, here we go league match No4, and today we head for the Select Car Leasing Stadium, (ain't there some weird named stadiums), to play Reading where we aim for furthering our winning streak after three straight wins and clean sheets.
Nathan Jones confirmed that Miles Leaburn has returned to full team training following the hamstring injury he sustained last season, so some welcome news there, today we welcome Allan Campbell for his first match day experience with us, and indeed will we see the appearance of our own AC/TC this afternoon...🤦‍♂️

We have met 46 times prior to today, winning 16 and losing 19, with the remaining 11 ending all square, two goals from Femi Azeez helped the Royals to a 2-0 win at the Select Car Leasing Stadium back in February, today they will meet a totally different Charlton side, and should expect a very stern test, and us heading home with another 3 points in the bag...

Another showing of the yellow(ish) kit today, should be a big Addicks turnout with 3k reported, So here we go...

...Nathan Jones has opted to field an unchanged starting line-up...

New signing Allan Campbell makes his first appearance in a Charlton squad on the bench. 

It means the Addicks will most likely start in their preferred 3-5-2 formation, with Alex Mitchell, Lloyd Jones and Macaulay Gillesphey starting in front of goalkeeper Will Mannion.

Thierry Small remains as left wing-back, with Kayne Ramsay operating on the other flank. Last weekend’s opening goalscorer Greg Docherty is once again joined in midfield by Conor Coventry and Luke Berry.

Up front, Tyreece Campbell and Gassan Ahadme both get their fourth league starts of the season.

Charlton: Mannion; A.Mitchell, Jones, Gillesphey; Ramsay, Berry, Coventry, Docherty, Small; Ahadme, T.Campbell

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Edmonds-Green, Anderson, A.Campbell, Godden, Aneke, Kanu

Comments

• for squad see fotos on facebook by  Tony Moss - no surprises
  • edited August 31
    Wonder if he might stick Kanu up top in place of Campbell?
  • Unchanged team
  • Who’s dropped from the bench to accommodate A. Campbell?
  • edited August 31
    Charlton: Mannion; A. Mitchell, Jones, Gillesphey; Ramsay, Coventry, Docherty (c), Berry, Small; Ahadme, T. Campbell

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Edmonds-Green, A. Campbell, Anderson, Aneke, Godden, Kanu
    Tennai
  • No Full-Back cover with no Watson involved is a slight surprise 
    Tennai
    Cheers. 👍🏼
  • Sponsored links:

• Train just approaching Reading: Think it’s either my 7th or 8th visit to here or Elm Park. Depressingly, the scene of Jnr’s last away* all the way back in 2019. Five years without a win. What I’d give for us to see one today.

come on you reds
    I've been several times to watch Charlton at Elm Park, but never to Reading's new ground  whatever they call it now :)
  • Reading: Pereira, Dorsett, Elliott, Craig, Savage, Ehibhatiomhan, Smith, Bindon, Mbengue, Wing (c), Akande

Subs: Boyce-Clarke, Abrefa, Dean, Rushesha, Wareham, Tuma, Garcia
  • edited August 31
    Reading: Pereira, Dorsett, Elliott, Craig, Savage, Ehibhatiomhan, Smith, Bindon, Mbengue, Wing (c), Akande

Good luck with the comms team pronouncing that one!!...🤷‍♂️

...Great minds @lordromford
  • I had been expecting half our team to go down with season ending injuries at 5 past 11 last night 😂
  • edited August 31
    Reading: Pereira, Dorsett, Elliott, Craig, Savage, Ehibhatiomhan, Smith, Bindon, Mbengue, Wing (c), Akande

Can’t wait to hear Terry attempt this…😂
    Probably best to stick with Kelvin… :-)

(He’s a player I like a lot and would love to see at Charlton … big lanky forward player, reckon Jones would love to mould him into something)
  • Live stream up in 10 minutes...👍
  • edited August 31
    Rotherham 2-1 Huddersfield ..Result...😂
  • Reading: Pereira, Dorsett, Elliott, Craig, Savage, Ehibhatiomhan, Smith, Bindon, Mbengue, Wing (c), Akande

Good luck with the comms team pronouncing that one!!...🤷‍♂️
     Ehibhatiomhan .........probably pronounced like Ayma. 

Gaelic seems to be like that. Is he Irish?  :D 

• Sponsored links:

• Rotherham 2-1 Huddersfield ..😂
    FT now.
  • we are up to second in the league :)
  • Well our chances of winning today are doomed...

No chance are we going to be able to take advantage of Huddersfield losing!!
  • we are up to second in the league :)
    Top in a couple of hours 😜 
  • AndyG said:
    we are up to second in the league :)
    Beat me to it Andy...
  • AndyG said:
    we are up to second in the league :)
    Beat me to it Andy...
    Sorry mate 
  • We were both right FA, Anderson and A Campbell, both on bench 😁

I'm disappointed in you FA, thought you had more nous...🙄

I'm disappointed in you FA, thought you had more nous...🙄
    He's trying a bit of reverse psychology I think.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!