Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 31st August 2024 : KO 15:00

1161718192022»

Comments

• Thank you all for the updates, disappointing result, but I still feel confident about the season being worthwhile.
  • iaitch said:
    Kips said:
    Where's that Fraser when you need him
    Glad I'm not the only Dad's Army fan on here.
    We are doomed, apparently 
    'Don't panic'.

'Stupid boy'.
    One has to wonder whether or not Reading like it up 'em...
    I suspect they don't.
  • GeoffB said:
    BBC stats saying we have had  6 shots - 1 on target.  As I said on another thread - can we score 70 to 80 goals with this attack. Doesnt look like it.
    We had two efforts on target, nothing to shout home about, but we forced their Goalkeeper into two good saves - For all Reading's possession, they had two good chances themselves, just they were able to take them

Continues to be a game of fine margins involving us.
  • Fucking yellow surrender kits. Pathetic. 
  • GeoffB said:
    BBC stats saying we have had  6 shots - 1 on target.  As I said on another thread - can we score 70 to 80 goals with this attack. Doesnt look like it.
    Given their keeper made two stunning saves to stop goals that can't be right.
  • GeoffB said:
    Is that not basketball?
  • Think we will struggle to make top 6 if we perform like that….without a 20 goal striker we look toothless…..didn’t need another midfielder should have brought a striker in …also no creativity in midfield 
  • Lowest scorers in the top 8. 2nd lowest in the top half with just Bristol Rovers with 2 scored being worse than us.

Fair point, and an obvious concern. I'm sure NJ was anticipating more goals coming from midfield and hopefully he will be able to fix that in training. Hope so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading’s two home games: 2-0 & 2-0.
  • Also a different game if their CB gets sent off for the handball that happened when CTV went down. Have to say I wasn't too impressed with the ref today
  • Reading’s two home games: 2-0 & 2-0.
    It's a fortress. The fans bore the opposition into submission.
  • Jones out haha. Look we are going to lose thr odd one from time to time and we are 1 off top and there's a gap to 7th, albeit small, but one we can build on. No.need to panic. 
  • Could be worse. We could support Everton.

typical 
    I had 2-2 in the league…🙄
  • edited August 31
    We'll lose games this season... We'll draw games this season... thats always going to be pretty clear cut - Whats important now is how we react to those results, and ensure that they happen less frequently than what it happens to other teams.

No need to over-react based on one defeat, same there is no need to genuinely over-react winning the first three games.

You cant win promotion until March / April time at the earliest.

Fair play to Reading, they pressed us extremely well in that first half; Savage once again dictated the game against us, and then weathered the storm when we eventually took control of the game, and hit us twice on the counter-attack.
  • Wow... That wasn't great 
  • Very disappointing to lose two nil after dominating the second half….. but we have this habit of throwing in moments of shit when we should be driving home the advantage.

Mannion worries me. We need a promotion goalkeeper still for me. 

Anderson was shite 
  • As long as our XG was better then theirs, then who really cares. Up the Addicks.
  • Thanks everyone, over to the post-match thread. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!