Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Reading Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 31st August 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• At least we still got the transfer window…oops…!!
  • Very poor performance…..Ramsay and Small poor today 
  • Small off for canoe...
  • Small is not really a left back , like Edwards is.
  • We've lost three League games under Jones... two of those have been against Reading

Meh - Defeat was always going to come at some point, if people thought we were going to go the season winning 46-games, or be undefeated the whole time... Well those were the deluded ones.
  • This has been a really poor performance bar a bright start to the second half for 10 mins. Misplaced passes and lazy challenges. 
  • We are human after all
  • Kanu on for Small, change of shape incoming 
  • Christ, that is not a good goal. have to see it again but not sure Mannion is having a great 10 minutes
    Not sure what Mannion was supposed to do with that
  • Sponsored links:

• The interesting and slightly troubling thing is the current answer to what we do when we go a goal down is forget to do the things we normally do very well. No way Reading should be scoring there but we've let them in. Turning into a bad day at the office for a few
  • Not watching today, but fairly confident our stronger bench and better fitness will have an impact after 60 minutes.
    That aged well...
  • Laddick01 said:
    Absolutely wild we've taken nothing from this game. 

Can't help but feel that our starting front 2 just isn't enough
    Ahadme and TC won't be our starting 2 soon

But..... I haven't changed my opinion that Ahadme isn't very good overall either!
  • ct_addick said:
    Very poor performance…..Ramsay and Small poor today 
    You cant say Ramsay has had a poor game, based on that defensive challenge alone
  • Really disappointing how we’ve absolutely sh*t the bed here. Thought we seemed mentally stronger than that from the first 3 games. 
  • Not been great today overall and typically we've more or less dominated the 2nd half and conceded 2 goals Thats our feet firmly back on the ground😡
  • Dreadful performance, no passing and unprofessional across the pitch, the second goal sums it up. 
  • Aneke has done nothing but give away fouls. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not watching today, but fairly confident our stronger bench and better fitness will have an impact after 60 minutes.
    That aged well...
    Reading scored at the perfect time to give their team a second wind unfortunately
  • Time to end the TC - Gassman experiment next week, we can't keep going into games with minimal goalscoring threat for 2/3rds of the game 
    This.

4 games in & no goals from the pair of them. 
  • Talal said:
    Christ, that is not a good goal. have to see it again but not sure Mannion is having a great 10 minutes
    Save it, ideally. As I said, I needed to see again. It's not a howler but he's gone down very weirdly for a low shot, probably fooled a bit by the bobble. He's gone up before he's gone down and that's sent him down like an accordion
  • Aneke has done nothing but give away fouls. 
    Was about to write the same thing, hes done nothing since he came on. Enigma.
  • edited August 31
    It had to be him ffs

Edit... Them
  • Talal said:
    Christ, that is not a good goal. have to see it again but not sure Mannion is having a great 10 minutes
    Save it, ideally. As I said, I needed to see again. It's not a howler but he's gone down very weirdly for a low shot, probably fooled a bit by the bobble. He's gone up before he's gone down and that's sent him down like an accordion
    Very good. He's not saving that
  • Maybe we’ll have beaten them on xg though, that’d be something at least
  • Shrews 2-0
  • Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Very good. He's not saving that
    Not like that he isn't
  • Any reason why Smith wasn’t booked for removing his shirt?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!