Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Goldbridge working with the club?

Comments

• Croydon said:
    I'm only 33 and yet I am already clearly so far from the target demographic for half the stuff the club does these days. This seems a good bit of marketing, it's just bizarre the way the game has gone in recent years.

Same with the youtube matches. I can't my head around who would ever pay to watch that, but the ticket sales speak for themselves.
    I’m recently 29 and feel exactly the same. Somewhere, somehow, things just changed and the interests of the younger ‘football’ fans is not the same as it was. More follow players instead of clubs, more watch YouTube stars and want to be influencers than follow a club and become diehard to that club.

It’s a good bit of marketing and gets our name back out there and spoken of, it’s just I don’t get it either and still (just) in my 20s it makes me feel old.
  • I’m so old 😫

I totes get it but ffs 😞
  • Chunes said:
    So for us oldies, what exactly is a "Watchalong"?

Does he have the match livestream showing on his YouTube channel (That's Football?) with his and fans reactions added in some way. Or is it something different.?
    It's where people watch someone watching the match.

You can't see the match... You just watch them watching it. 

I'm not sure how many people watch it live but I know the clips do well. 
    Crikey! Well I guess Gogglebox is popular, so why not.
  • This has the feel of the Chris Powell summer transfer window! COYA!!!
  • edited October 11

• Never heard of him, asked my 23 yo if he had - "nah"
  • edited October 11
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t see the harm. The game will be watched by 1.25m viewers and some sad followers of his will even attend in an attempt to get a glimpse of their ‘hero’. All money in the coffers.
  • edited October 11
    No idea what’s going on, but feeling I’m a bit behind the times in that I’ve not got my championship or league 2 club sorted yet.
  • edited October 11
    Never heard of him, asked my 23 yo if he had - "nah"
    I dont imagine many 23 year old spend the day watching people on youtube, even hes probably a decade out from being the target audience on this.
  • Embarrassing stuff this 
  • Someone like Goldbridge can "advertise" Charlton to a far larger and more diverse audience than anything the club could do on its own.

Good idea in my opinion even if I do find him fairly annoying.
    Spot on. Let him get on with it. Some decent exposure.
    Thankfully you don’t have to tune in.
    Don't watch it or open the thread again and you should be OK 
  • edited October 11
    Presuming that this is person CM mentioned at Bromley Addicks regarding raising interest levels about the club.

He's no Ryan Reynolds or  Tom Brady but lets see if it  works.

I'd never heard of him before this thread but it has no negative impact on me as a fan as far as I can see so crack on.

Will it work? No idea.
  • Can’t see the harm. The game will be watched by 1.25m viewers and some sad followers of his will even attend in an attempt to get a glimpse of their ‘hero’. All money in the coffers.
    They won’t be watching the game. Just Brent being his usual self 
  • Sponsored links:

• Nonsense this.

He's a manc fan. And his appeal is us being able to watch him implode, and I mean really implode at another Man utd pitiful performance 
    No way it works for us. It will just look really false.
    Should've got one of our own in if this is the road we're heading. That fella that had a meltdown watching England after watching, in his own words ' Aids' all season would've been better.

Pointless
  • edited October 11
    No idea who he is, (37 because we're doing ages) well not before this thread anyway, social media personality type. 

Interesting seeing the views the club tweet got (thanks Callum) so suppose it's a budget Wrexham trial.

Mac and twat got a whole host of bored 40 something American housewives watching Disney+ and buying shirts supporting their English (yes I've had this conversation for real) football team,  maybe a couple of his followers will adopt Charlton as their "league one team" and get a shirt or two.

Worth a go really. 
  • Maybe we'll get some new fans out of this , just don't let them come to The Valley cos 9 times out of 10 they'll be put off for life
  • Mac n Twat 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂
  • Presuming that this is person CM mentioned at Bromley Addicks regarding raising interest levels about the club.

I'd never heard of him before this thread but it has no negative impact on me as a fan as far as I can see so crack on.

Will it work? No idea.
    To be honest if this is the person alluded too then I’m underwhelmed. I’d expect 90% of our fanbase have never heard of him before today. I was expecting someone more well known.

However, will 1.25m YouTube followers it can’t be a bad thing.
  • Presuming that this is person CM mentioned at Bromley Addicks regarding raising interest levels about the club.

Will it work? No idea.
    To be honest if this is the person alluded too then I’m underwhelmed. I’d expect 90% of our fanbase have never heard of him before today. I was expecting someone more well known.

However, will 1.25m YouTube followers it can’t be a bad thing.
    Yes,  underwhelmed myself but I'm not the demographic
  • Like most I have no clue who the guy is and have absolutely no interest in watching him myself but if he opens the club up to a wider audience then go for it
  • edited October 11
    From the very little I've seen of him, he is a knob, but very good idea from the club. In this day and age I think you'll genuinely get random kids taking more of an interest in the club
  • The two tweets announcing this have combined for 150,000 views already in less than two hours.

The prior tweet encouraging fans to “join us in SE7” next weekend for Stockport has been up an hour longer with 7,500 views.

Will 150,000+ views convert to bums on seats? Probably not as many as you’d think initially but I could see it bringing in a new generation of fans over time if repeated a few times a season.
    450,000 pairs of eyeballs in six hours…