Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club's disappointing treatment of Swedish Addicks

Comments

• Perhaps it's time to knock the sponsorship thing on the head.
    Players even at our level earn thousands of pounds a week and Prem players thousands a day.
    Why not the players sponsor a fan and pay for his/her season ticket?

If clubs were running at a profit then nice things could happen but we are a massive loss making club,  millions are being wasted by others so we can watch this shit 
  • T_C_E said:
    When you hurt people enough while they are employed under your leadership, when they leave its pay back time.
    Many spoke out loud enough to get him gone including former sponsors, fans and employees, but many put their heads in the sand and made out it wasn’t happening, to them” I hope you’re ashamed”
    And as for Rodwell thanking him for all his hardwork and saying “he’s welcome back at The Valley anytime” FFS 

Don’t worry TCE I once did my bit, got in the same lift, and made sure I let one rip whilst I was in there, every little helps, as they say!
    Toxic atmosphere.
    Players even at our level earn thousands of pounds a week and Prem players thousands a day.

If clubs were running at a profit then nice things could happen but we are a massive loss making club,  millions are being wasted by others so we can watch this shit 
    Not the club. Each player sponsors a fan. A drop in the ocean to someone earning thousands.
  • Easy to spend others money , these players have a short career span and I know if I was one I wouldn’t want others to choose where I spend donate my money .
    these aren’t mega bucks prem players 
    What’s the wage structure £1k-£7k amongst our squad 

Missing the point.

We're not sponsoring a player because they are hard up or need a shirt, it's a fund raiser for a loss making business and some fun/publicity for sponsoring fans and businesses.
    Then perhaps both would still be good.
  • seth plum said:
    If somebody sponsors a player’s something there is a name check is there not? Maybe a company, an organisation or an individual, and the sponsor is publicised somehow.
    However I doubt very much if everybody or everything to be publicised would be allowed by the club.
    I have sometimes wondered if there could be a political slant in the published name, or even something like Alex Mitchell’s third kit sponsored by ‘Eating chickens is murder’.

Should be sponsoring a Leicester shirt, surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 19
    seth plum said:
    If somebody sponsors a player’s something there is a name check is there not? Maybe a company, an organisation or an individual, and the sponsor is publicised somehow.
    However I doubt very much if everybody or everything to be publicised would be allowed by the club.
    I have sometimes wondered if there could be a political slant in the published name, or even something like Alex Mitchell’s third kit sponsored by ‘Eating chickens is murder’.

Should be sponsoring a Leicester shirt, surely?
    You mean Blackburn?

:D Very good @SuedeAdidas
  • That link assumes sponsors are companies.
    Reading the blurb it seems clear that the Player of the Year dinner is now an in house club event, although I believe previously it was organised and run by fans.
  • seth plum said:
    That link assumes sponsors are companies.
    Reading the blurb it seems clear that the Player of the Year dinner is now an in house club event, although I believe previously it was organised and run by fans.

I believe our Fanny was involved.
  • seth plum said:
    That link assumes sponsors are companies.

I believe our Fanny was involved.
    "Was" is the pertinent word.....
  • The player of the year dinner, the awards and the hall of fame are still organised by the Fans Forum and mainly by @killerjerrylee

He is aware that the club made an offer in the sponsorship blurb related to the POTY dinner which they were not entitled to do and has raised the issue with them.

I'm not involved with the fans forum, although CAST are, so don't know what the outcome of that has been.
  • Fans can enjoy a whole host of exciting benefits by sponsoring their favourite men's first-team player for the 2024/25 campaign. 

Home, away and third kit player sponsorships are now available, giving Charlton supporters the opportunity to get their name or their company’s name out there in front of thousands of eyes.

All three sponsorship packages include the opportunity to have your company’s logo in Valley Review - the club’s matchday programme. Home kit player sponsorships also ensure your company's logo will appear on the big screen at The Valley, and a link to your website will be included on your chosen player's profile page on the club website.

Home and away kit sponsors will also receive four and two Vista Lounge hospitality match tickets respectively for a 2024/25 Sky Bet League One game of their choice (excluding Wrexham). 

All tiers of sponsorship include a training ground tour with a club legend, followed by a delicious lunch in the company of your sponsored player.

On top of all of this, all sponsors will also receive a personal thank you letter from their sponsored player, as well as a signed shirt and a personalised framed signed picture with their chosen player at the end of the season.

Finally, home kit sponsors will have first refusal on sitting with their sponsored player at the club's annual Player of the Year dinner (additional cost applies).

• Why not Wrexham?
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:
    Why not Wrexham?
    Cause they are gonna hike the prices
  • DA9 said:
    Why not Wrexham?
    Cos the Hollywood Zelebs with their retinue of brown-nosers and K-queens will block book the whole thing cos Charlton is by far the most glamorous away trip for the taffs' tacky circus with tv crew in tow
  • It sounds like the club are taking over the event and it will now be aimed at the more wealthy fans.
  • It sounds like the club are taking over the event and it will now be aimed at the more wealthy fans.
    That's not been resolved yet
  • I was really looking forward to attending both home & away Wrexham games. Because I’m married into a north Wales family & was hoping I’d take in seeing them & going to the games with them.
    Not a chance that’s going to happen is there.
    Jeez 🙄
  • I've genuinely had people asking me about Wrexham away tickets since the fixtures came out, main culprit being someone that goes into a lounge that also laboured under the misapprehension that he should get priority for Man Utd tickets for "being corporate" ahead of me. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out a proposed hijack, no sponsors dinner, let's find an alternative. They could well regret being hypothetically of course a tad presumptuous.
  • Think people are jumping the gun
  • The price last season was £400 inc VAT for a season ticket holder to sponsor a home kit, and is now £850 inc VAT (with ST discount)

Looks like the 4 match tickets you get are now in Vista Lounge, but the offering otherwise seems the same (barring the POTY offer)

Seems a shame the club didn’t reach out first to come to an agreement, as I’d expect to sit with a player I’d sponsored all season if I decided to pay further to go to POTY dinner
  • fmaddick said:
    The price last season was £400 inc VAT for a season ticket holder to sponsor a home kit, and is now £850 inc VAT (with ST discount)

Looks like the 4 match tickets you get are now in Vista Lounge, but the offering otherwise seems the same (barring the POTY offer)

Seems a shame the club didn’t reach out first to come to an agreement, as I’d expect to sit with a player I’d sponsored all season if I decided to pay further to go to POTY dinner
    The POTY dinner is at extra cost!

I think it's a shame the prices have been upped so much, Surely it's better to have 60 sponsorships paying on average £300 than 10-20 paying an average of £450, someone needs to give their head a fairly large wobble.

As for POTY, does the fans forum still meet/exist? No minutes etc on the website for a long while.