Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club's disappointing treatment of Swedish Addicks

I was disappointed when I received this from Lars, founder of Swedish Addicks.

(FYI: Lars has supported Charlton since 1978 and Swedish Addicks has existed for 20 years)

—————

I have probably never felt so absent. The club has gone through many hardships but now it feels like the soul is missing. I'm in a number of Facebook groups and it's very quiet in them too. 

Our contacts with the club also lack soul. Despite pushback, we still haven't received the shirts we sponsored last season and this season they have raised the price for the sponsorship by about 75%. They have certainly added some features but those are only things that are interesting if you can be there at the matches. In the past, we have negotiated away such things and thus lowered the price, but now it is suddenly impossible. 

Instead they offer us to sponsor 3 kits that don't include any packages but just the shirt, for £350.

Regarding this year's sponsorship, it feels extra sad considering that we have continuously sponsored 2-3 players for 20 years with the exception of one year when we boycotted it due to RD. 

Overall, interest from my side has never been lower than now, unfortunately.

—————

Surely the club can do better than this?

Comments

• Aren't you meant to be like, enemies with the Swedes? C'mon mate, where's your sense of parochial rivalry?

In all seriousness, this is a bit sad though, hopefully someone reads this and makes a change
  • Leuth said:
    Aren't you meant to be like, enemies with the Swedes? C'mon mate, where's your sense of parochial rivalry?

In all seriousness, this is a bit sad though, hopefully someone reads this and makes a change
    Aww, the Swedes. Although us Danes sees us as the Latinos of Scandinavia, we don’t mind them.
    (Much bigger rivalry between Norway and Sweden - mainly due to winter sports).

I agree. It is a bit sad.
  • it is shocking treatment to be fair
  • Did they massage the club?

Sorry just channeling my 70's Monty Python spirit guide.

• Sponsored links:

• Hope it gets resolved for you guys, you shouldn’t have to put it on here, to embarrass the club to do something you’ve already paid for the shirts, as for the price hikes, it’s a bit of a joke, we’re hardly in the premier league!
    Cheers. I’m not part of Swedish Addicks. Just trying to help them out.
  • Solidgone said:
    The trust seem to have regular contact with the club would they take this issue up with them? An alternative is putting it in writing to the CEO?
    I think an email or correspondence of some kind has been sent but no reply has been received....

It's not easy to navigate  the OS when seeking information but I would suggest The Fans' Charter( if it's still in existence) is sought & checked as I believe there is something regarding the timescale in which communications must be responded to. 

Once upon a time, the OS listed the names & contact details of staff responsible for a variety of issues ...

In recent seasons, under TS especially I believe, these were removed  so the supporter requiring assistance is forced to contact the Club's Supporter Liaison Officer , Emma  Stamford , with just an email address given. NO telephone numbers on the "Staff" link whatsoever.

Hardly adequate for open, prompt & satisfactory problem solving with the lifeblood of our club IMO.
    Charlton Athletic Football Club Charter 
    The club will endeavour to respond to customer complaints within 10 working days of receipt of the communication. However, if it is not possible to provide a full response to the matters raised within this timeframe as further investigation is required, the complaint will be acknowledged within the 10 working days and a response sent within 21 working days. The club may respond by e-mail, letter or telephone

• Sponsored links:

• Not good to up set International Addicks , needs to be brought to the attention of fans liaison man. 

His name I have forgotten, but I would also hold back on sponsorship this season until last seasons shirts arrive.

• edited August 9
    It is important for the club to remember the quality of the product for the last few years before it forgets that fans are not customers. Mind you, it is not great to treat customers badly either but for fans it takes more to lose them and when you do you lose more as a business.
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:
    There’s a lot of activity on LinkedIn at the moment from the club posting content and seeking sponsorship - perhaps a message on there to the named commercial people might focus attentions on a post 
    Barry Higson.
  • It's cos we're skint 
  • It's cos we're skint 
    Is it though? Or is it just shoddy, now at least two groups, of long standing sponsoring players us included messed about and fobbed off - gives a poor impression to say the least 
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:
    It's cos we're skint 
    Is it though? Or is it just shoddy, now at least two groups, of long standing sponsoring players us included messed about and fobbed off - gives a poor impression to say the least 
    Yeah, cos we're skint. 
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:
    There’s a lot of activity on LinkedIn at the moment from the club posting content and seeking sponsorship - perhaps a message on there to the named commercial people might focus attentions on a post 
    I've just done exactly that 👍🏻