Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club's disappointing treatment of Swedish Addicks

Comments

• Any update on the Swedish Addicks story? Has anyone from the club reached out?
    Got the following from Lars:

"Yes, we have received responses regarding sponsorship (although not the answer we were hoping for) and about the shirts.

The shirts should be on their way; according to the information we received, they were sent last Friday. Then they get stuck in customs, and we have to pay VAT before the Swedish postal service forwards them.

They refuse to lower the price on sponsorship despite hardly selling anything."
  • Danepak said:
    Any update on the Swedish Addicks story? Has anyone from the club reached out?

"Yes, we have received responses regarding sponsorship (although not the answer we were hoping for) and about the shirts.

The shirts should be on their way; according to the information we received, they were sent last Friday. Then they get stuck in customs, and we have to pay VAT before the Swedish postal service forwards them.

That's Brexit for you!
  • According to yesterday’s programme there are 75 different players sponsorships to be taken 

19 have been taken up so far 

4 Home sponsors 
    7 Away Sponsors
    8 Third sponsors 
  • Danepak said:

I contacted the club when this was raised and the issue with the shirts was because it was left with someone to deal with….and they left the club before doing it.  But I was told it was taken care of now - which it has been thankfully 

with all the change over the past year it’s not really a surprise things get missed.  Unfortunate but not a surprise 
  • shirty5 said:
    According to yesterday’s programme there are 75 different players sponsorships to be taken 

4 Home sponsors 
    7 Away Sponsors
    8 Third sponsors 
    Those.figured tell me that the package on offer is to expensive 
  • cafc999 said:
    shirty5 said:
    According to yesterday’s programme there are 75 different players sponsorships to be taken 

4 Home sponsors 
    7 Away Sponsors
    8 Third sponsors 
    Those.figured tell me that the package on offer is to expensive 
    The market always wins in the end. Lowering prices to meet customer expectations is the only solution 
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Danepak said:

I contacted the club when this was raised and the issue with the shirts was because it was left with someone to deal with….and they left the club before doing it.  But I was told it was taken care of now - which it has been thankfully 

with all the change over the past year it’s not really a surprise things get missed.  Unfortunate but not a surprise 
    I  know two  of the marketing  team have left recently but the club have to ask why 1. There was no proper handover of outstanding tasks and 2. Why there is such a churn of staff? OK, one of them left under a cloud but that was a long time back into last season.

The shirt sponsorship should be priced at a level that is affordable to ordinary fans but only the 3rd shirt, at £370, is IMHO and I say that as someone involved in two of the current eight 3rd shirt sponsorships.

As with the promised club shop focus group that never happened the club isn't taking advantage of the huge knowlegde base within the fan base.
    …..now where have we heard that before? 🤔
  • Swisdom said:
    Danepak said:

I  know two  of the marketing  team have left recently but the club have to ask why 1. There was no proper handover of outstanding tasks and 2. Why there is such a churn of staff? OK, one of them left under a cloud but that was a long time back into last season.

The shirt sponsorship should be priced at a level that is affordable to ordinary fans but only the 3rd shirt, at £370, is IMHO and I say that as someone involved in two of the current eight 3rd shirt sponsorships.

As with the promised club shop focus group that never happened the club isn't taking advantage of the huge knowlegde base within the fan base.

The club appears to be doing well on corporate sponsorship eg Pilon, Pukka Pies, Nord VPN, but  missing out on the smaller but very loyal potential sponsors in the fan base to whom £750 plus VAT is too rich but who will be around a lot longer.

The CL shirt sponsorship is a prime example of a missed opportunity.
    The Club Shop focus group I’m led to believe are holding a meeting this Wednesday at the Valley 
  • Definitely news to me, even after a direct message off one of the fan advisors.

For me,.I think the ship has sailed as the season has started and the shop is the same as previous seasons despite knowing for over a year how bad it was.
  • Off_it said:
    Swisdom said:
    Danepak said:

Oh come on! 

I remember you were the one telling us the training ground trench was all going according to plan months after it was all due to be finished.

I know you're well connected at the club, but I think sometimes you just have to accept you're being fed a load of bollocks.
    We told them what the problem was.  We gave them a discounted price and started off.  Roland wanted it done cheaper by cheap European labour who, sadly, didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing.  We also didn't get paid for what we had done

We were then left polishing a turd.  Cue a succession of new owners, none of whom had the money needed to do it properly meaning I've had staff there on Christmas eve one year stopping the floods getting to Chris Parkes' property and countless other times up there.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink
  • clive said:
    Solidgone said:
    The trust seem to have regular contact with the club would they take this issue up with them? An alternative is putting it in writing to the CEO?
    I think an email or correspondence of some kind has been sent but no reply has been received....

It's not easy to navigate  the OS when seeking information but I would suggest The Fans' Charter( if it's still in existence) is sought & checked as I believe there is something regarding the timescale in which communications must be responded to. 

Once upon a time, the OS listed the names & contact details of staff responsible for a variety of issues ...

In recent seasons, under TS especially I believe, these were removed  so the supporter requiring assistance is forced to contact the Club's Supporter Liaison Officer , Emma  Stamford , with just an email address given. NO telephone numbers on the "Staff" link whatsoever.

Hardly adequate for open, prompt & satisfactory problem solving with the lifeblood of our club IMO.
    Charlton Athletic Football Club Charter 
    The club will endeavour to respond to customer complaints within 10 working days of receipt of the communication. However, if it is not possible to provide a full response to the matters raised within this timeframe as further investigation is required, the complaint will be acknowledged within the 10 working days and a response sent within 21 working days. The club may respond by e-mail, letter or telephone

To me this in itself is quite poor. We're Charlton, not Man U, how many complaints can they possibly have to deal with that it would take 10 working days to respond to someone's email?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Club has been run by morons for years and it appears that this continues for yet another season.
  • T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Off_it said:
    Swisdom said:
    Danepak said:

Oh come on! 

I remember you were the one telling us the training ground trench was all going according to plan months after it was all due to be finished.

I know you're well connected at the club, but I think sometimes you just have to accept you're being fed a load of bollocks.
    We told them what the problem was.  We gave them a discounted price and started off.  Roland wanted it done cheaper by cheap European labour who, sadly, didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing.  We also didn't get paid for what we had done

We were then left polishing a turd.  Cue a succession of new owners, none of whom had the money needed to do it properly meaning I've had staff there on Christmas eve one year stopping the floods getting to Chris Parkes' property and countless other times up there.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink
    Who was giving RD the information re pricing? I know who it was!
    It was the same person who saved TS a fortune on the last pitch install then threw the Groundstaff under the bus when it went tits up.
    To many decisions being made by glorified caterers to carry favour with respective owners.

The same bloke that wanted to do some ornate wrought iron entrance gates then shit himself when people started talking sense no doubt

• When you hurt people enough while they are employed under your leadership, when they leave its pay back time.
    Many spoke out loud enough to get him gone including former sponsors, fans and employees, but many put their heads in the sand and made out it wasn’t happening, to them” I hope you’re ashamed”
    And as for Rodwell thanking him for all his hardwork and saying “he’s welcome back at The Valley anytime” FFS 

• The prices are extremely high for the average fan, I wouldn't dream of sponsoring anyone based on the current prices. I wonder if they are they looking to attract small business people as player sponsors.
    Can't they do something like gold sponsorship at these bigger prices and then have a 'not so gold' level where individual fans can sponsor someone for say £50 a season with no limit on the number of these sponsors each player can attract? Then have a sponsor appreciation day at Sparrows Lane where we can all come along for a look round and meet & greet? 
    Surely sponsorship is an opportunity to cement our connection with the club and if the sponsorship cost was reasonable it opens it up to being on people's Santa list too?
  • T_C_E said:
    Swisdom said:
    Danepak said:

The club appears to be doing well on corporate sponsorship eg Pilon, Pukka Pies, Nord VPN, but  missing out on the smaller but very loyal potential sponsors in the fan base to whom £750 plus VAT is too rich but who will be around a lot longer.

The CL shirt sponsorship is a prime example of a missed opportunity.
    To be fair I’m sponsoring Keohane’s gardening gloves. 
    The ones with the very sharp tacks on the inside?