Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Club's disappointing treatment of Swedish Addicks

Comments

• Hej Lars! It's so great that fans from afar take interest and are committed. What our club need to understand, is that support takes many forms and the collective power of these combined, keep a club alive through difficult times.

Lacking respect for fans will only take the club in one direction!

There are so many small clubs around Sweden that are equally as deserving of sponsorship. I went to Varbergs Bois last weekend. I emailed the club manager about my 88 year old father-in-law needing appropriate seating and received promt reply from him with a cc'd note to club secretary and more emails were exchanged with multiple recommendations and advice, all very welcoming.

Note: Fan is short for fanatic. Understand this Charlton owners!

Bert's first ever live game, watching his beloved BoIS!
    Lars doesn’t post on here, but I’ll share your post with him, mate.
  • edited August 10
    Hej Lars! It's so great that fans from afar take interest and are committed. What our club need to understand, is that support takes many forms and the collective power of these combined, keep a club alive through difficult times.

Lacking respect for fans will only take the club in one direction!

There are so many small clubs around Sweden that are equally as deserving of sponsorship. I went to Varbergs Bois last weekend. I emailed the club manager about my 88 year old father-in-law needing appropriate seating and received promt reply from him with a cc'd note to club secretary and more emails were exchanged with multiple recommendations and advice, all very welcoming.

Note: Fan is short for fanatic. Understand this Charlton owners!

Bert's first ever live game, watching his beloved BoIS!
    In the nicest possible way, I'm wondering why your father in law isattending his first game for his beloved team aged 88?
  • Sponsored links:

• As an added point. We won the game at Doncaster that night. We then didn’t win away again for nearly 8 months. (It was that awful season we went down to league one for the first time).
    Despite the awful season, it’s one of my favourite memories as a fan.
  • As an added point. We won the game at Doncaster that night. We then didn’t win away again for nearly 8 months. (It was that awful season we went down to league one for the first time).
    My daughter was born on the exact same day!

I didn't think to mention it to anyone at the club or ask for a souvenir. Which to be fair is probably just as well given the absolute cack we had playing for us back then!
  • Off_it said:
    As an added point. We won the game at Doncaster that night. We then didn’t win away again for nearly 8 months. (It was that awful season we went down to league one for the first time).

I didn't think to mention it to anyone at the club or ask for a souvenir. Which to be fair is probably just as well given the absolute cack we had playing for us back then!
    To be fair, at that point it looked like we were just going to have an unremarkable season. 
    The impending abomination that the season would turn into was not clear in September!

By the way, is your daughter a Charlton fan now?
    I tried with mine, but her interest in football is less than zero! 😟
  • Off_it said:
    As an added point. We won the game at Doncaster that night. We then didn’t win away again for nearly 8 months. (It was that awful season we went down to league one for the first time).

To be fair, at that point it looked like we were just going to have an unremarkable season. 
    The impending abomination that the season would turn into was not clear in September!

By the way, is your daughter a Charlton fan now?
    I tried with mine, but her interest in football is less than zero! 😟
    Not a chance. However, I have had an influence on her musical tastes, which I'm more than happy about. At least now she can listen to some decent music and enjoy it - rather than spend a lifetime watching dogshit football!
  • This is so sad and depressing to hear.
    The club and fans should be acting as one.

A friend of mine is a Tractor Boy who has recently had heart surgery. I asked ITFC to send something to cheer him up and they messed up and failed to deliver. However, after a moaning email they rectified their error and came up trumps with what they did send.

So it's never too late to correct an error.

• We (CL) didn’t look to kit sponsor last season as we never received all our shirts from the previous season and none of our dinner winners got sent their photos from the evening. Saddened but not surprised by what Lars posted.  
    Asked if photos taken when we did Crossbar Challenge were available and received no response whatsoever. It’s doing the small things that show commitment to fan engagement, not the big marketing offers.
    I’ve never sponsored kit or anything else but surely those of you that have are entered into a contract with the club regarding what you receive in exchange for your sponsorship? If this hasn’t been met by the club in as much that you haven’t received either the photos or shirts or both then threaten to take them to small claims. Seems drastic but it might highlight to the club that their shoddy treatment of their supporters needs to be looked at and problems resolved ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I never did receive Sasa Ilic's shirt after the 98 Wembley final. I believe he took it home which is fair play but the club didn't have the savvy to keep that quiet and offer me another keeper's shirt.  They gave me a full refund which kind of defeated the object. No more sponsorship after that.
  • I never did receive Sasa Ilic's shirt after the 98 Wembley final. I believe he took it home which is fair play but the club didn't have the savvy to keep that quiet and offer me another keeper's shirt.  They gave me a full refund which kind of defeated the object. No more sponsorship after that.
    So you would have been happier if they had deceived you rather than refunding you for a service not supplied? 
    So you would have been happier if they had deceived you rather than refunding you for a service not supplied? 

Yes, because I wouldn't have known otherwise.
  • By way of contrast. My father in law is an ardent Millwall fan and was until this season a season ticket holder. When he was approaching his 90th birthday I wrote to Millwall asking if it would be possible for them to send a birthday card to mark the occasion. They wrote back saying it would be a pleasure and asked for details etc. two days before his birthday he received a letter from the club signed by the players wishing him a happy birthday and thanking him for his support since childhood and a scarf. Cost the club virtually nothing but this is exactly the sort of thing our club should be doing. It’s a shame and frankly embarrassing.
    From an outside perspective they seem an extremely well run club during the Berylson eras in a manner we were 20 years ago.

Having said that have always had excellent service from front line ticket staff and club shop even this week when they've sorted something for me.

• Any update on the Swedish Addicks story? Has anyone from the club reached out?